Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 02:10:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: [LaserCutCard] CASSPIR 2 painted test added  (Read 19646 times)

former user

Re: Buffel / Moffel MPV
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2013, 08:33:03 AM »
that was exactly the detail I wanted

I only wanted to suggest that You provide some sort of compact info with the respective kit so that people can adjust their orders in order to optimize shipping costs....

Offline LaserCutCard

• Librarian
  • LaserCutCard
    • LaserCutCard
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2013, 08:40:22 AM »

I only wanted to suggest that You provide some sort of compact info with the respective kit so that people can adjust their orders in order to optimize shipping costs....

I will do some accurate weighing tonight with the two test models I have left and adjust the weights on the website accordingly but you will definitely be able to get 2 in as a single large letter (so to order 2 the shipping will be $4.65). Possibly three but for now the website will say 2

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
  • Culpame de la Bossa Nova...
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2013, 12:27:03 PM »

You know, I actually thought that when LCC posted all that detail "former user will love that".  lol

former user

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2013, 12:58:34 PM »
now I am bedazzled...  lol

Offline Arrigo

• Mastermind
  • errare humanum est, perseverare diabolicum est
    • Forward HQ my new blog where you can laugh at my crappy photos!
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2013, 02:20:29 PM »
I cannot understand why you think historical gamers will not buy them. I would have bought the M113 if only I had not so many already (8 for Nam, 1 for central Europe and an IDF one...). And if you add the extended fuel tanks for the A3 probably I can get one nor two... (even better if you can do the italian VCC-1 version for my bersaglieri). While at the moment I have no plan for the SADF... sadly (for my wallet) I have plan for a small African campaign and these Buffels are quite... spot on and lovely? and the prices is reasonable. I do not see why historical wargamers will not buy them. Can I also suggest a VAB a VBL or a Ratel?  o_o

Arrigo
"Put Grant straight in"

for pretty tanks and troops: http://forwardhq.blogspot.com

former user

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2013, 03:44:21 PM »
I cannot understand why you think historical gamers will not buy them. I would have bought the M113 if only I had not so many already (8 for Nam, 1 for central Europe and an IDF one...). And if you add the extended fuel tanks for the A3 probably I can get one nor two... (even better if you can do the italian VCC-1 version for my bersaglieri). While at the moment I have no plan for the SADF... sadly (for my wallet) I have plan for a small African campaign and these Buffels are quite... spot on and lovely? and the prices is reasonable. I do not see why historical wargamers will not buy them. Can I also suggest a VAB a VBL or a Ratel?  o_o

I also think that they are very interesting for historical wargamers, especially if You expand the range

Offline Arrigo

• Mastermind
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2013, 07:19:04 PM »
I think one or two will end up in the Zambulan National Guard. Also in my Sri Lanka look alike, the Island Republic of Kandy where an US/PLA multinational force will be battling the local rebels supported by Russia... I wuold love to do SADF external in 28mm, but considering no one want a to employ a military historian my chanches to do anything big and new in 28mm are quite remote.

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2013, 09:25:26 PM »
former user
Isn't that something Essex girls to their personal bits?  lol

Memories of seaside holidays in Southend come flooding back have they Bezzo?  ;)
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline LaserCutCard

• Librarian
  • LaserCutCard
    • LaserCutCard
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2013, 04:04:22 AM »
Hi all

I really appreciate all your feedback.

I weighed the models a little more accurately last night and I can get three of them into a package classed as a large letter.

So I have created a triple pack here: http://www.lasercutcard.co.za/vehicles/buffel-triplepack

This saves 10% on buying them individually (the triple pack is $49.95). Also, you can choose your mix (so you can mix and match between the buffel and the moffel).

Incidentally, is there a technical term for the ridiculously small amount that people discount stuff by to force the price into a psychologically lower price category?

@Arrigo - I haven't been expecting historical wargamers to buy them because based on the small sample of historical wargamers I know (admittedly this is VERY small) the kit might not be detailed enough for them. They are very much the type of gamers that don't see three Tiger tanks, they see a Panzer VI ausf. H1,  a Panzer V1 ausf E and one "SERIOUSLY? NO WAY are you pretending that T-34 is a Tiger!"  o_o

One final note... in case anyone was thinking "yes but it's made of card... card is weak and not at all durable" here is a clip I did destruction testing the M113 model.

Offline Arrigo

• Mastermind
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2013, 12:56:26 PM »
Well masquerading a T-34 for a Tiger is trying too much, except if you do not do an 'Hollywood' tiger  lol Actually I once saw one on a table and the trick was to spot why the Tiger was looking wrong.

Details and wargaming models is a subjective definition. Too often too fine detail is over-scaled and looking funny or too fragile. In term of details your Buffel does not look out of place compared to several wargaming models from 'big names'. The most obvious omissions are the ladders and handles, but in 28mm they will be or too messy or over-sized. Force of Arms did a lot of simplifications on the T-55 in regard to the handles around the turret. Yet their T-55 is lovely. The other past is the engine block, but if you are not happy is easy to add detail by yourself. Even mr. Arrigo Velicogna (notoriously awful scratch builder) can do that. You will always have people sneering (I have seen people sneering even at Tamyia or Imprint models   o_o ).

I think you have to be commended to have provided us with a nice model of an interesting real world vehicle. If science fiction gamers can use it for their nefarious (well it seems that 90% of science fiction games have at lest one of not more factions that are quite nefarious) purposes, even better!  lol

Arrigo

Online v_lazy_dragon

• Mastermind
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2013, 01:17:56 PM »
The models look great - I think with a few more 80's SADF vehicles in the range, it could tempt a fair few people to start a new era, or atleast to expand their bush wars gaming. I guess the only real limitation might be the lack of 28mm SADF infantry... :-/ (I guess one could proxy in RLI & Vietnam Aussies, but none of them are particularly good matches...) Maybe time for a Eureka 100 club proposal?
On that note, would there be any chance of doing some of the more iconic Rhodesian vehicles (Crocodiles, Kudu & Rhinos all spring to mind) in card? Just thinking that there is already a line of figures out there to suit...
Xander
Army painters thread: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=56540.msg671536#new
WinterApoc thread: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=50815.0

Offline LaserCutCard

• Librarian
  • LaserCutCard
    • LaserCutCard
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2013, 01:27:53 PM »
On that note, would there be any chance of doing some of the more iconic Rhodesian vehicles (Crocodiles, Kudu & Rhinos all spring to mind) in card? Just thinking that there is already a line of figures out there to suit...

This is actually a really good idea - thanks. We are working on the Casspir at the moment but after that I will look at the Rhodesian vehicles. Given that my uncle was in the RAR whereas I wheedled my way out of my conscription with a deferrment, I should have started with Rhodesian stuff  8)

Sorry - after Casspir comes some small vehicles, then we will look at other ideas.

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
  • Culpame de la Bossa Nova...
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2013, 07:20:27 AM »
Doing Rhodesian vehicles is a good call and should work well with the medium to be honest. They also have the advantage of having figures available, albeit few in number.

Early Bush War South Africans can be drawn from the Eureka 'Aden' British and later ones from the Mongrel Israelis, if you don't mind a little conversion here and there. Not perfect, but they will serve.

:)

Offline LaserCutCard

• Librarian
  • LaserCutCard
    • LaserCutCard
Re: [LaserCutCard] Casspir WIP
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2013, 04:30:26 AM »
Hi all

Here is the most recent test cut of our new vehicle, the CASSPIR.

This is an infantry mobility vehicle used by the SADF in the border wars.

It only needs a little bit of work before it is ready for production... an HMG on the roof (as an option) and some seating inside plus some minor detail changes.

I'll do a paint test on this one this weekend

Here is a video of the real vehicle.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 04:32:30 AM by LaserCutCard »

Offline grant

• Galactic Brain
Re: [LaserCutCard] New Model: Casspir IMV
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2013, 04:32:15 AM »
Cool. I painted one in 6mm in AU colours recently.
It’s a beautiful thing, the destruction of words - Orwell, 1984