Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:13:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: A couple of plasticville buildings some rail tracks and more Marx cars  (Read 3673 times)

Offline zizi666

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Photobucket page
The Post office. Got this rather cheap but without the lamps that are supposed to go besides the entrance.
I designed the base myself and got it lasercut. Didn't glue the building to it.
Also 4 more Marx cars. The rustbucket got a bottomplate and an opened door. Both skellies are GW plastics.

A worn barn, some vegetation and some O-scale rail tracks (LIMA) I got cheap from Ebay (plenty more to do)
Dang ! Just now I notice I have to do some wear and tear on the sills (entrances) of that barn. It would also benefit from some type of flooring...
Ah well, something to put on my to do list  ::)

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,
for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Photobucket: http://s1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd388/zizi666/
BGG: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/zizi666

Offline Arcturus

• Scientist
Nice work. I like what you did to the wooden planks of the barn. The cars are great too. The red car is my favorite.

Offline Wilkins

• Scientist
Really good!  I bought a selection of Plasticville stuff myself but never knew what to do with it. Needless to say it has been sat in a box for ages but I may have to crack it out now. Keep 'em coming.

Offline zizi666

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Photobucket page
Cheers, guys.

Arcturus, have a look here : http://www.skankgame.com/zombietown.html
Lots of nicely painted plastic buildings.

And yes, I've got more of those stashed away. Eventualy they will find their way here  :)

Offline Arcturus

• Scientist
Thanks for the link zizi. That's a great inspirational site. I have tons of unbuild plasticville buildings lying around - guess i must dig them out again.

Online Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
Great stuff 8)

As was said before; the paintjob on the wood of the barn is excellent.

And why not take the sill off completely? I'm no expert on the subject of Northern American barn architecture, but from what I've gathered watching countless movies is that many of those barns have floors of compacted earth.

I really like the lasercut base for the postoffice too. Did you use a commercial service, or do you 'have contacts'? And some adds, rates/schedule boards over those holes and nobody will be the wiser...
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline superflytnt

• Mad Scientist
  • Cthulhu. Cthulhu never changes.
    • Superfly Circus - Board Games And Social Commentary
Look up the Combat Zone newsletter on how to really kitbash a Plasticville set...some of the mods there are amazing.

Where are you getting these Marx "Cars of the Future" repros? I've looked all over and I can never find any.
www.superflycircus.blogspot.com
Board Game Reviews And Social Commentary At Its Finest

Offline zizi666

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Photobucket page
And why not take the sill off completely? I'm no expert on the subject of Northern American barn architecture, but from what I've gathered watching countless movies is that many of those barns have floors of compacted earth.
I guess that's true for the old barns, but from photos I'd say the more contemporary have a concrete floor. (And then there's the lazy part of me that's growing bigger in this sheltering heat... ::))

I really like the lasercut base for the postoffice too. Did you use a commercial service, or do you 'have contacts'? And some adds, rates/schedule boards over those holes and nobody will be the wiser...
I have a contact.  :D
A friend has lettering, printing and airbrushing shop and recently acquired a laser cutter. For now he uses it to cut bases (and some movement trays) So I thought it would be a nice test to create a base. The first cut showed I made 1 mistake as the drain cover fell out of the base, but he corrected that.

Look up the Combat Zone newsletter on how to really kitbash a Plasticville set...some of the mods there are amazing.
Will have a look for that.

Where are you getting these Marx "Cars of the Future" repros? I've looked all over and I can never find any.
Ah, I managed to buy 4 sets (of 4) on Ebay a couple of years ago  :D, but only started painting 'em up recently  ::)

Offline zizi666

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Photobucket page

Yes !!! Thanks for that. I recognize that site but for some obscure reason I didn't have it bookmarked...

Offline Messyart

• Scientist
  • Repopulating the Wasteland, one corpse at a time.
They all look beautiful!

I'd love to get hold of some Marx cars -_-
If you'd like an apocalyptic monster in 28mm, throw me a PM and I'll think it over.

Offline Zargon

• Student
Re: A couple of plasticville buildings some rail tracks and more Marx cars
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2013, 09:32:14 PM »
Would love to get a set or two of the Marx future cars my self, any available and you can always use the Plasicville bits to build problem is post from US to other country's is really heavy. Keep up the good work.