Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:59:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689641
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Miniatures for WW1  (Read 198437 times)

Offline archangel1

• Mastermind
Re: Miniatures for WW1
« Reply #90 on: June 14, 2008, 06:35:08 AM »
From what I can see on HLBS site, nothing indicate that this Gun isn’t available... :?

http://www.hlbs.co.uk/type.php?id=43

Cheers!  ;)

Sorry! Never saw that! Thanks! I had assumed it would have been with the WWI stuff.  I don't normally consider heavy artillery as 'equipment'.  ;)
Why take Life seriously? You'll never get out of it alive!

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #91 on: June 18, 2008, 10:33:20 PM »
Well, it’s a well know fact that the 8” howitzer was design to hunt down dinosaurs and Canadian’s sabre tooth tiger!  :D
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline andekmcc

• Scientist
« Reply #92 on: June 19, 2008, 08:44:15 AM »
Hi all,

I'm fairly new to the forum. I was wanting to attach a photo I took of my BH Austrian Command group painted up but I'm not sure how to do it.  Can anyone help?

cheers

Andy

Offline Svennn

• Galactic Brain
  • Balding bloke with a 'V'
    • Svenns Little Men
« Reply #93 on: June 19, 2008, 09:22:32 AM »
"A jewelled sceptre plucked by order to serve their cause"

Offline andekmcc

• Scientist
« Reply #94 on: June 19, 2008, 10:07:19 AM »
thanks for that, as I'm at work at the moment and these picture hosting sites are locked out ;-) I guess I'll have to wait.

Offline Gallowglass

• Scientist
« Reply #95 on: June 19, 2008, 11:44:53 AM »
Hi all,

I'm fairly new to the forum. I was wanting to attach a photo I took of my BH Austrian Command group painted up but I'm not sure how to do it.  Can anyone help?

cheers

Andy

Any pics - painted or unpainted - of the battle Honours WW1 range would be welcome!
Note: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Offline andekmcc

• Scientist
« Reply #96 on: June 19, 2008, 01:34:33 PM »
in the short term i've included a link to the WAB forum where I've managed to include a photo of my painted BH Austrian command group, I'm experimenting with a new matt varnish which means there not a matt as i would like.  used to use GW Matt Varnish which was quite good but its run out :-( so I'm trying Windsor and Newton and its ok but need something better I think.

http://www.wabforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=3248

Offline Poiter50

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Battle Honours WW1 Figure Range
« Reply #97 on: June 20, 2008, 07:38:56 AM »
Helen,

Did you have or find any BH cavalry that would suit the East Africa conflict? I see that the BH figures are still listed by WarWeb. The BH cavalry appear to be only South African and I'm thinking of making up some Indian Cav as well, so a recommendation of suitable figs here would be great as well.

Paul and Soapy (from what Soaps told me in an e-mail) started designing this range of figures for WW1.
[British
Company Command[WWIBR-01]
In this set I received three officers, two warrant officers and two signallers. A top set that requires little explanation. The flags are very fragile and one I'd to drill out and reapply in the other direction for some difference. May not be shown here  8)

Cheers,
Poiter50

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #98 on: June 20, 2008, 10:35:26 PM »
Helen,

Did you have or find any BH cavalry that would suit the East Africa conflict? I see that the BH figures are still listed by WarWeb. The BH cavalry appear to be only South African and I'm thinking of making up some Indian Cav as well, so a recommendation of suitable figs here would be great as well.

Hi Poiter,

I'd go with the BH South African Cavalry. I'd also use the Aussie LH from the British in Palestine range for EAMR and volunteers along with the Britsh Cavalry in the BEF range for variety.

Other than that I'd go with Brigade Games for all.  I'm about to commence painting 36 Brigade Games Yeomanry! They will suffice for SA Cavalry and British in Palestine. Brigade Games Indian cavalry as you have seen from my photos are really nice. Could do with a character pack with an Indian officer, Bugler etc just like the Yeomanry could do with a character pack.

Hope this helps in some way.  8)

Best wishes,
Helen
Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well (V van Gogh)

Offline Poiter50

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #99 on: June 21, 2008, 02:42:59 AM »
Excellent!! As always a font of knowledge!! Thanks, Lady Helen.
Helen,
Did you have or find any BH cavalry that would suit the East Africa conflict? BH cavalry appear to be only South African and I'm thinking of making up some Indian Cav as well, so a recommendation of suitable figs here would be great as well.

Hi Poiter,

I'd go with the BH South African Cavalry. I'd also use the Aussie LH from the British in Palestine range for EAMR and volunteers along with the Britsh Cavalry in the BEF range for variety.

Other than that I'd go with Brigade Games for all.  I'm about to commence painting 36 Brigade Games Yeomanry! They will suffice for SA Cavalry and British in Palestine. Brigade Games Indian cavalry as you have seen from my photos are really nice. Could do with a character pack with an Indian officer, Bugler etc just like the Yeomanry could do with a character pack.

Hope this helps in some way.  8)

Offline blazeaway

• Lurker
« Reply #100 on: June 22, 2008, 07:11:04 AM »

Some pictures of the Blaze Away Miniatures & Models Australian Light Horse.
More pix on the site www.blazeaway.com.au.

Cheers,
Michael

Offline Poliorketes

• King of the Congo
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Never look back
« Reply #101 on: June 22, 2008, 08:24:31 AM »
Great paintjob, but the pics look rather squeezed. Any chances you can do a comparison pic with other manufacturers? Preferably BH, GWM, Brigade, Copplestone or Renegade?
If you come for the king, you better not miss (Omar)

Offline andekmcc

• Scientist
« Reply #102 on: June 24, 2008, 11:01:13 AM »
Eventually managed to insert a picture in here (hopefully) of BH Austro-Hungarian Command Group.  Its painted as C/O Oberst Jakob Gasiecki and Reg. Adjutant Hauptleute Wilhelm Zabransky of the KuK 40th IR. Matt Varnish Spray isnt quite what I'd like as I'm in the process of trying to find a new one. The Windsor and Newton one used here is ok but still gives a slight shine.

Offline Aaron

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #103 on: June 24, 2008, 01:30:19 PM »
Very nice painting! The bush and flowers are an excellent detail.

Offline andekmcc

• Scientist
« Reply #104 on: June 24, 2008, 08:02:47 PM »
thanks,  I've attached a couple of other photos of BH Austro-Hungarians lighting isnt very good but gives a reasonable idea of how they look.