Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:22:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686622
  • Total Topics: 118114
  • Online Today: 777
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Miniatures for WW1  (Read 197265 times)

Offline Svennn

• Galactic Brain
  • Balding bloke with a 'V'
    • Svenns Little Men
Re: Miniatures for WW1
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2008, 09:18:40 PM »
I quite fancy some of the S&T Alpini but the site is in Italian. Pigeon French/German and even a little Chinese I can do but it has me beat. Any Italians hang out here who could help out?
"A jewelled sceptre plucked by order to serve their cause"

Offline Poiter50

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2008, 03:22:42 AM »
Always one of the places I visit when I manage a trip to Rome (twice in the last 4 years, hopefully it was going to be this year as well but alas, not to be). My lack of Italian language is always made up for with the amount of stock they have and their willingness to tolerate said lack. I have some of their armoured lancers from the Sudan/Abyssinian era (yet to see a paint job).

You can add Strategia & tattica, an italian manufacturer that does a line of italian special troops

http://www.strategiaetattica.it/miniature_base.asp?tipologia=28mmWW1

Cheers,
Poiter50

Offline Caporal Le Clou

• Assistant
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2008, 02:15:47 PM »
Because they are equipped with a cloth helmet cover, Brigade Games French represent mid-war troops but not late war.

Offline Poliorketes

• King of the Congo
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Never look back
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2008, 02:19:36 PM »
Thank you, didn't knew there was a difference.
If you come for the king, you better not miss (Omar)

Offline brigadegames

• Scientist
    • BrigadeGames.com
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2008, 09:56:34 PM »
Because they are equipped with a cloth helmet cover, Brigade Games French represent mid-war troops but not late war.

not all of the French have helmet covers.

Lon Weiss
BrigadeGames
Boot Hill

http://www.BrigadeGames.com

http://www.BrigadeGamesMinis.com

Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/brigadegames

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BrigadeGames

IG: https://www.instagram.com/BrigadeGames<br /

Offline Caporal Le Clou

• Assistant
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2008, 01:14:23 PM »

No, indeed. They are nice figures too, of an army that is often overlooked in a predominantly anglo-saxon hobby.
But why not do packs where all the figures have cloth covers (battles of Verdun and la Somme) and others where all the figures have plain helmets (Chemin des Dames, 2nd battle of the Marne, and even Artois in 15) ? With the same number of poses, you could offer two time period ranges...  ;)

Offline Arrigo

• Mastermind
  • errare humanum est, perseverare diabolicum est
    • Forward HQ my new blog where you can laugh at my crappy photos!
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2008, 10:50:47 PM »
Any one need an italian here?
"Put Grant straight in"

for pretty tanks and troops: http://forwardhq.blogspot.com

Offline brigadegames

• Scientist
    • BrigadeGames.com
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2008, 02:34:10 AM »

No, indeed. They are nice figures too, of an army that is often overlooked in a predominantly anglo-saxon hobby.
But why not do packs where all the figures have cloth covers (battles of Verdun and la Somme) and others where all the figures have plain helmets (Chemin des Dames, 2nd battle of the Marne, and even Artois in 15) ? With the same number of poses, you could offer two time period ranges...  ;)

When these were first sculpted by Mike Owen I did not see the packs prior to molding, casting and release. If I had I would have made a covered and uncovered pack.

If you notice there have not been anymore with covers since the beginning releases.

There are more French in process and Paul Hicks has taken up the reins on the WWI range while Mike Owen concentrates on RCW and our joint Arab Revolt range.

b/r
Lon
www.brigadegames.com

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2008, 10:38:41 PM »

When these were first sculpted by Mike Owen I did not see the packs prior to molding, casting and release. If I had I would have made a covered and uncovered pack.

If you notice there have not been anymore with covers since the beginning releases.

There are more French in process and Paul Hicks has taken up the reins on the WWI range while Mike Owen concentrates on RCW and our joint Arab Revolt range.

b/r
Lon
www.brigadegames.com

Maybe Lon you could arrange for folks who have a need just for French without helmet covers to purchase them.

Lovely news Lon on Paul designing more WW1 for you in conjunction with Mike working on the other ranges.

We are truly seeing good things being planned for WW1 and RCW.

Best wishes,
Helen
Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well (V van Gogh)

Offline trev

• Mad Scientist
    • The Bits Box
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2008, 11:30:02 PM »
Hi folks,

I found these old photos of some Battle Honours Greens.  I though people might be interested to see them.

regards,

Trev

Russians

British

Germans

Offline Will Bailie

• Mastermind
    • Will's toy soldier blog
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2008, 11:52:26 PM »
Wow, Trev, those look great.  The Russians especially have great character.

Now if only Battle Honours KNEW that they could sell gobs and gobs of figures, simply by putting photos where potential customers could see them!!!

W

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2008, 04:25:39 AM »
Thanks Trev  8)

I hope to have up more BH WW1 very soon.

Offline Poliorketes

• King of the Congo
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Never look back
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2008, 07:12:08 AM »
Thank you, great pics. The germans aren't that great, but the brits and especially russians are nice!

Offline Svennn

• Galactic Brain
  • Balding bloke with a 'V'
    • Svenns Little Men
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2008, 08:30:12 AM »
"Now if only Battle Honours KNEW that they could sell gobs and gobs of figures, simply by putting photos where potential customers could see them!!!"

it takes a lot of time, we are too busy, we have a show coming up, there are new releases to get out etc. etc.

Its a total no brainer to me. The above excuses are what we hear over and over again yet surely it is just as sensible to maximise return on existing investment as expanding with new stuff.

On the back of some of Helens and others posts I had visited the BH site and if I had seen these pics would probably have ordered.

Offline trev

• Mad Scientist
    • The Bits Box
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2008, 09:23:38 AM »
These pics are from the BH site back in 2001 actually.  I asked them for permission to post and I'll send them a link to the comments here.

regards,

Trev