Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 07:37:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Warlord (Pro-gloria) plastic Landsknechte  (Read 78574 times)

Offline mweaver

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Warlord (Pro-gloria) plastic Landsknechte
« Reply #360 on: August 22, 2017, 04:13:03 AM »
Looks ok to me.

Offline bergschotten

• Scientist
« Reply #361 on: August 22, 2017, 06:43:05 AM »
I think it looks great, looking forward to seeing how it paints up.

Offline Stuart

• Mad Scientist
    • Army Royal
« Reply #362 on: August 22, 2017, 10:35:57 AM »
Looks good to me, great as an Italian or possibly French.

Online Littlearmies

• Scientist
« Reply #363 on: August 24, 2017, 10:52:17 AM »
''The plastic figures have nice detailing and their faces have some character (which is a bit of an issue for me with Perry).''

So its not just me then? I've been tempted by several of the Perry ranges but I play skirmish and find that they lack a bit of character for that Scale (they look fantastic ranked up though).

I think most of the Perry plastics are superb, but the French Napoleonic infantry are rather 'meh' - they seem to have moved more and more to somewhat characterless faces. What I'd like is something between their old Foundry sculpts and the most recent Perry figures. There just seemed more to get hold of with the older figures. And some of their metal horses are atrocious - and don't get me started on casting quality....

Online delbruck

• Scientist
« Reply #364 on: August 24, 2017, 11:10:35 AM »
I have to admit older Perry sculpts had more character. In the move to more realistic body proportions they have also soften the detail in the faces.

Offline Metternich

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #365 on: August 26, 2017, 12:13:38 AM »
Very nice build indeed.

Offline Griefbringer

• Scientist
« Reply #366 on: March 16, 2018, 04:40:27 PM »
Excuse me for the thread-o-mancy, but it seems that we might be seeing some addition to these figures: a Warlord newsletter sent earlier this week had a teaser picture of what looks like multi-part Landsknechts with arquebusses and halberds.

However, it is not clear whether this may indicate another fully plastic Landsknecht set, or new metal arms to go with the existing plastic sprues, or something else.

Offline bergschotten

• Scientist
« Reply #367 on: March 16, 2018, 05:22:35 PM »
I saw that on the wargames terrain blog and wondered the same-who knows with warlord but I think Steel fist will be getting my money this time.

Offline bergschotten

• Scientist
« Reply #368 on: April 11, 2018, 10:40:56 PM »
Excuse me for the thread-o-mancy, but it seems that we might be seeing some addition to these figures: a Warlord newsletter sent earlier this week had a teaser picture of what looks like multi-part Landsknechts with arquebusses and halberds.

However, it is not clear whether this may indicate another fully plastic Landsknecht set, or new metal arms to go with the existing plastic sprues, or something else.

You were right see enclosed from warlords news letter

Offline Codsticker

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim project
« Reply #369 on: April 11, 2018, 10:57:41 PM »
Gawd! I think I will probably buy that box and never paint the contents  :'( :'( :'(

Offline bluechi

• Librarian
« Reply #370 on: April 11, 2018, 11:20:43 PM »
no new bodys and no new heads....?

Offline Siegfried

• Assistant
« Reply #371 on: April 12, 2018, 12:07:05 AM »
no new bodys and no new heads....?

I'm afraid that's quite likely, given Warlord's greedy attitude towards the making of their plastic sets...
Great figures, though. I love the sculpts I've seen posted on this thread. The only problem is the scarcity of content in the sprues compared to Victrix or Perry.

I saw that on the wargames terrain blog and wondered the same-who knows with warlord but I think Steel fist will be getting my money this time.

Me too. I think we ought to speak with our wallets this time and let Warlord know that, unless they stop with this nonsense of making crappy box sets, we will not buy their plastic products.

That's just my thoughts anyway. I'd like to hear what other people think as well.

Cheers!

Online delbruck

• Scientist
« Reply #372 on: April 12, 2018, 12:35:20 PM »
It would seem a wasted opportunity not to add a few new heads and bodies. From what understand not all sculpts were used in the original pike release.

Offline Mick_in_Switzerland

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #373 on: April 12, 2018, 12:35:48 PM »
Some more information on the new Warlord Plastic sets. This was originally posted on TMP by twodegree.

The prices are quite low. The RRP in Germany is only €98.00 (about £85) for 150 figures. There are 144 plastic and 6 metal figures plus the gun.

https://www.fantasywelt.de/Pike-Shotte-Landsknecht-Starter-Army

The RRP in Germany for the plastic missile troops is only €20.70 for 30 figures.

https://www.fantasywelt.de/Pike-Shotte-Landsknecht-Missle-Troops

The RRP in Germany for the plastic Zweihander & Halberd troops is only €18.40 for 24 figures.

https://www.fantasywelt.de/Pike-Shotte-Landsknecht-with-Zweihanders
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 01:42:45 PM by Mick_in_Switzerland »

Offline Griefbringer

• Scientist
« Reply #374 on: April 12, 2018, 01:11:00 PM »
I would recommend saving final judgement until Warlord releases actual sprue pictures - after that it is easier to evaluate how much content there is on the new sprues (and whether they contain new heads/bodies).

Considering that there will be two new boxed sets (halberd/zweihander and arquebuss/crossbow) released, suggests that there must have been two new sprues tooled - though they may have re-used parts of the earlier pikeman sprue with them.

That Warlord opts to release such sets suggests to me that the initial pikeman set must have sold rather well in the first months after its release last summer.