Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:31:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Warlord (Pro-gloria) plastic Landsknechte  (Read 77595 times)

Offline Griefbringer

• Scientist
Re: Warlord (Pro-gloria) plastic Landsknechte
« Reply #375 on: April 13, 2018, 02:43:45 PM »
The new landsknecht boxed sets (missile troops and zweihanders) are now listed on Warlord website with lots of pictures, though unfortunately no sprue shots:

https://store.warlordgames.com/collections/landsknecht/products/landsknecht-missile-troops
https://store.warlordgames.com/collections/landsknecht/products/landsknechts-with-zweihanders

Apparently the missile troops are all plastic, while the zweihanders are apparently plastic with metal arms.

Offline bluechi

• Librarian
« Reply #376 on: April 13, 2018, 03:44:07 PM »
There are 3 new heads on the missile box and one new body ? Think the arms could work smothly with the perrys for around 1500.

Offline JollyBob

• Galactic Brain
  • I've only had a few ales...
« Reply #377 on: April 13, 2018, 08:55:16 PM »
They look..... awkward?

If some of the sprues are available separately I might pick a couple up for conversion purposes, but I can't say I'm overwhelmed by the whole product.

Mind, I don't think the flat paintjob is doing them many favours either... 

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #378 on: April 13, 2018, 09:04:08 PM »
They look..... awkward?

Distinctly.
If these had ever made it as a single set, as originally conceived, I think they would have been great.
Unfortunately Warlord have screwed around with them to try to wring several sets out of one set of figures, and the result is... meh.
 ::)

Offline Jamiethesalmon

• Schoolboy
« Reply #379 on: April 13, 2018, 11:08:29 PM »
They look..... awkward?

If some of the sprues are available separately I might pick a couple up for conversion purposes, but I can't say I'm overwhelmed by the whole product.

Mind, I don't think the flat paintjob is doing them many favours either...

Flat paintjob? I didn’t think I did a bad job considering I had to do 2 complete boxsets in 2 1/2 weeks but to be fair the pics are a bit meh, I assure you they are better in the flesh

Offline nic-e

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mystarikum
« Reply #380 on: April 16, 2018, 08:56:19 PM »
Their arms look very long. I think it MAY be the puffy sleeves either making them look too big, Or the arms have been glued too low down and the puffy shoulders should stand higher?
never trust a horse, they make a commitment to shoes that no animal should make.

http://mystarikum.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Codsticker

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim project
« Reply #381 on: April 16, 2018, 10:57:11 PM »
They strike me as good enough.

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
« Reply #382 on: April 16, 2018, 11:53:37 PM »
Don’t know...maybe I was looking forward to this set for too long, but I also am a bit disappointed. The same pose for zweihänder, pikemen, crossbows and arquebusiers seems odd.

Offline Griefbringer

• Scientist
« Reply #383 on: May 04, 2018, 09:39:56 AM »
Considering that these have now been out for a couple of weeks, has anybody encountered any high resolution pictures of the two new sprues? I have only encountered a few low resolution versions.

Offline JamesValentine

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #384 on: May 04, 2018, 10:44:31 AM »
Considering that these have now been out for a couple of weeks, has anybody encountered any high resolution pictures of the two new sprues? I have only encountered a few low resolution versions.
I'd not hold your breath. I'm noticing nobody seems to care much for warlord products recently.
You try finding reviews on the plastic 38t or Hetzer...or any warlord releases the last 5 months

Offline Metternich

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #385 on: May 04, 2018, 05:24:29 PM »
I hate mixing plastic and metal components - makes it difficult to get a good adhesive.  Prefer the one material or the other.

Offline NurgleHH

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spacelord
    • Victory Decision Vietnam
« Reply #386 on: May 05, 2018, 08:54:32 AM »
Distinctly.
If these had ever made it as a single set, as originally conceived, I think they would have been great.
Unfortunately Warlord have screwed around with them to try to wring several sets out of one set of figures, and the result is... meh.
 ::)
But you, Richard, as Master of Plastic could bring them back to the pre-warlord quality.
Victory Decision Vietnam here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=43264.0

Victory Decision Spacelords here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=68939.0

My pictures: http://pictures.dirknet.de/

Offline Cubs

• Galactic Brain
  • "I simply cannot survive without beauty ..."
« Reply #387 on: May 05, 2018, 09:19:10 AM »
They look..... awkward?

The crossbows look okay, but the arquebus guys look very dodgy. There's no sense of weight. As everyone else has stated, it's the problem with trying to get too much out of one set of bodies perhaps, with 'action figure' type arms jutting out from the torso to hold a variety of weapon options. It's almost like the limbs and torsos are sculpted as though they're filling the bulky clothes completely, instead of the material rumpling up and bunching, with arms attached normally and holding items in a natural fashion to support their weight. Someone carrying a heavy object pulls it close to their body, to help support the balance, they don't hold it with straight limbs and a pose like the material is itching their armpits. A much more difficult prospect for a sculptor no doubt, and perhaps their remit to reuse the bodies made it impossible to achieve, but it's something the best sets can provide.
'Sir John ejaculated explosively, sitting up in his chair.' ... 'The Black Gang'.

Paul Cubbin Miniature Painter

Offline jazbo

• Librarian
    • My GNW Project Blog
« Reply #388 on: May 05, 2018, 11:03:12 AM »
Warlord have never been the best, but look at their original ecw plastics. They were innovative and affordable.

Now all you get from them is reboxed second rate plastics from other companies they have bought out with the prices hiked up.

I mean they literally have the balls to now sell us reboxed wargames factory tat at a higher price than the perry's charge for plastics!

Warold have seriously lost their way, which is a shame as I met their team and gamed with them several times at stallard hq and they are a great bunch.
My Great Norther War Project Blog: GNW Gaming

Offline Griefbringer

• Scientist
« Reply #389 on: May 07, 2018, 07:39:37 AM »
I hate mixing plastic and metal components - makes it difficult to get a good adhesive.  Prefer the one material or the other.

In the end, it seems that the only time you would need to do that with these kits if you want to build halberdiers from the zweihanders boxed set. Curiously enough, the arms for the two-handed swords have been done in plastic, while the halberd arms at the same box are in metal.