Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:05:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686455
  • Total Topics: 118100
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Warlord (Pro-gloria) plastic Landsknechte  (Read 77581 times)

Offline Regulator

• Mad Scientist
Re: Pro-gloria to make plastic Landsknechte
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2014, 03:57:31 PM »
Thank you all for your comments guys :)
I don't give many more information at the moment as some things changed and they need their time until they are finished. I don't know how many more chances there will be and I can't give a 100% accurate release date until now.

Feel free to post your questions here but I am not sure if I can answer them all to your satisfaction.

Stephan

Offline Timbor

• Mastermind
« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2014, 04:10:12 PM »
Hey, thanks for stopping by for the update, Stephan!

Pro Gloria is a pretty small company, so I imagine you are just trying to piece everything together.  I would hope that you launch the campaign once the sculpting has been completed, so all that is necessary for molding and casting - that way you can ensure the finished product much sooner.  I have started to avoid KS campaigns that have too long of a wait time with too little in terms of sculpted figures shown at the beginning - too much variability with unseen sculpts and unplanned delays.  I should think if its ready to go and well planned, you would hopefully be able to recoup the cost of sculpting as well as casting/moulding with the pledges.

I would much rather wait another 6 months for you to launch the campaign if it means it is well planned and has a shorter wait time - I would likely pledge more in that case as well!
Paint log - leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=36840.0

Blog - My life in Millimetres

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2014, 04:14:26 PM »
I agree, these would definitely tempt me if there was more information about them. 

I expect their will be sooner or later....

Either way, they should be available on the Empress site I would have thought(?).

Darrell.

Offline Regulator

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2014, 04:19:34 PM »
Pro Gloria is a pretty small company, so I imagine you are just trying to piece everything together.  I would hope that you launch the campaign once the sculpting has been completed, so all that is necessary for molding and casting - that way you can ensure the finished product much sooner.  I have started to avoid KS campaigns that have too long of a wait time with too little in terms of sculpted figures shown at the beginning - too much variability with unseen sculpts and unplanned delays.  I should think if its ready to go and well planned, you would hopefully be able to recoup the cost of sculpting as well as casting/moulding with the pledges.

I would much rather wait another 6 months for you to launch the campaign if it means it is well planned and has a shorter wait time - I would likely pledge more in that case as well!

Yes, this is the plan. Hopefully, the sculpting won't take six months but I think not much faster. I will show some WIPs if I have some :)

I expect their will be sooner or later....

Either way, they should be available on the Empress site I would have thought(?).

Darrell.

Yes, all new releases should be available at Empress for UK customers :)

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2014, 04:23:42 PM »
Yes, this is the plan. Hopefully, the sculpting won't take six months but I think not much faster. I will show some WIPs if I have some :)

Excellent, I'll be keeping up to speed on the Facebook page, which will no doubt whip me up into a frenzy of anticipation!! I'm already trying to sell a lot of Artizan Landsknechtes (Shamless plug, I know) so I can lavish myself on your Pro Gloria versions!!

Yes, all new releases should be available at Empress for UK customers :)

All very easy to buy really  :).

I expect that folks in the USA and Canada will be wanting some kind of distribution, will that be available at some point Stephan?

Darrell.

Darrell.

Offline Regulator

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2014, 04:28:32 PM »

I expect that folks in the USA and Canada will be wanting some kind of distribution, will that be available at some point Stephan?

I tried to get a distributor in the US but as I still only sell small amounts of miniatures (... yet) the margins are not worth enough for them.
Stephan

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2014, 04:34:01 PM »

I tried to get a distributor in the US but as I still only sell small amounts of miniatures (... yet) the margins are not worth enough for them.
Stephan

They may change their minds when the plastics are released!  :)

Darrell.

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2014, 05:11:33 PM »
Well, not much in the way of news then, but thanks anyway for posting in response Stephan  :)

Offline Regulator

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2014, 08:49:36 PM »
Hi all

I know, I was very quiet with news on the plastic Landsknechts, but don't worry: news and pictures of them very soon! At the moment, I am talking with the sculptor about the frame layout and all the content we can fit in the box. Will tell you more next week!

Stephan

Offline doowopapocalypse

• Scientist
    • Random Encounters
« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2014, 08:54:58 PM »
Hi all

I know, I was very quiet with news on the
plastic Landsknechts, but don't worry: news and pictures of them very soon! At the moment, I am talking with the sculptor about the frame layout and all the content we can fit in the box. Will tell you more next week!

Stephan

Woohay!
It's nothing, sir. Just a burn from a ray gun.

Offline Sangennaru

• Galactic Brain
  • The Lazy One
    • The Lazy Forger
« Reply #55 on: April 27, 2014, 09:08:57 PM »
And next week here we will be. Great news Stephan! :)

Offline MattW

• Librarian
« Reply #56 on: May 06, 2014, 01:26:11 PM »
I hate to be a pest, but it has been about a week... ;)

Offline Regulator

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #57 on: May 07, 2014, 03:10:03 PM »
yes you're right :) the following is not 100% certain to be made as renedra has the last words. in the box will be two different sprues (amount of sprues is not sure). one will contain 10 (!!) different bodies with options on pikes in different poses, swords and bucklers, halberds.
head options for swiss, german and middle-europe as well as diffetent swords for them and many feather options.
the command frame will include two bodies. one full harness the other semi-harness . options on banner. drum and many weapons.

questions? :)

Stephan

Offline Sangennaru

• Galactic Brain
  • The Lazy One
    • The Lazy Forger
« Reply #58 on: May 07, 2014, 03:11:59 PM »

Offline moonshado

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #59 on: May 07, 2014, 05:42:54 PM »
Now that sounds sweet, really looking forward to these. I'm still slowly working my way through your metals, which are a dream to paint and eagerly await some plastics to compliment them.