Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:36:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689752
  • Total Topics: 118293
  • Online Today: 786
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Innocent bystanders in .45 Adventures?  (Read 7307 times)

Offline Grimm

• Two-time LPL Champion (Season 2 and 3) Supporting Adventurer
  • The Colonial Tales Winner
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Grimms-Hangar on Facebook
Innocent bystanders in .45 Adventures?
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2006, 09:48:39 PM »
What i think abaut is to take a d10 dice for
A .random direction,
B .a random result from 1 till 10

you have all in one dice roll .
I think it makes the game faster ,what do you mean ?

BTW sorry my english is not so good ,but I try my best  :?

cheers Grimm
ttps://www.facebook.com/pages/Grimms-Hangar/196455560521708

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
    • Rattrap Productions LLC
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2006, 10:08:01 PM »
Quote from: "Grimm"
BTW sorry my english is not so good ,but I try my best  :?

Your english is better than some people I know in the US. No need to apologize.  :)

So, what you're saying for the random movement is roll a d10 and the figure moves in the direction it's pointing that many inches (cm)?
Richard A. Johnson
On Facebook: Rattrap on Facebook

Offline Grimm

• Two-time LPL Champion (Season 2 and 3) Supporting Adventurer
  • The Colonial Tales Winner
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Grimms-Hangar on Facebook
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2006, 06:47:57 AM »
Yes and no
A )I meaning for the random movement is roll a d10 and the figure moves in the direction it's pointing his full move

B.) you can see what the figure will do
maby
wommen
1-4 only run
5-7 run and going to ground
8    run to nearest hearo
9     screming
10 frozen in fear

cheers grimm

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2006, 12:59:46 PM »
All 3 solutions could work, I think. I myself thougt of the option using the d10 as 'random pointer', too, only last evening.

The thing is, I haven't played a single pulp game yet - actually I'm going to undercoat my first 3 pulp figs today :-)
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2006, 04:16:31 PM »
Quote from: "argonor"
- actually I'm going to undercoat my first 3 pulp figs today :-)

Well, the nice thing about .45 Adventure is once those three figures are done, you are halfway finished with enough figures to play a game.  :)

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2006, 08:07:26 PM »
Quite so! - Actually, I think I'm gonna play a game with just those 3 figs. It's Hampton and DuBois from CiC, and that 'brawling superhero' Tonka from Black Hat (or is it Gladiator?). Anyway - Tonka isn't a 'real' pulp fig, but I'm gonna use him as a Tank Villain - tweaking the 45A rules a bit and making him a Grade 3 Enforcer, thus giving him 10 points to spend - I want him to be an arch enemy serving some sinister mastermind, so I need him to have a lot of punch and staying power ;-). Hampton and Dubois are going to be a professor and an assistant professor, having the somewhat doubtful pleasure of getting in the way of Tonka (who, by the way will not be able to take any weapons, instead using both his ambidextrous hands as clubs without the 1" reach)

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2006, 08:21:37 PM »
OUCH! :D

Sounds like a great creation. I can't wait to see how the first game plays out. The type of character you seem to be describing would be very similar to the Tong Assassin that is being worked on now. Now firearms, but deadly up close.

I'm also coming up with some sub-abilities (similar to what the Rocket Troops could take in Amazing War Stories) for Pugilist and Martial Arts to make them more fun to play.

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2006, 08:50:50 PM »
When, did you say, was that next book due? - Just kiddin', can read that of course :-)

As you might know, I haven't got AWS, yet, and to keep relative shipping costs down, I'll have to wait 'til there's at least one additional book/thing/stuff to order. On the other hand - you've got a couple of nice figs, I'll probably want at some point.... (Now my wife is pointing that syringe at me again...)

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2007, 11:18:34 AM »
I threadomance a little here;

I have been thinking a lot about the original theme of this thread, and I think, I may have som new, useable ideas (and some errata for the first version) .... I'll be back tonight or tomorrow night about it!

Offline Driscoles

• The Dude
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2007, 01:18:17 PM »
Hello,

Because we play .45 Ad usually with a gamemaster I would give him the part of the innocent bystanders. He moves them in a pregenerated way when all other figures have moved. This means that he moves them also off the board and onto the board. I have a busy street in mind right now. Maybe he can also move cars on this street for the better looks.

When ACTION happens ( shooting or close combat or maybe a bomb exploding or gangsters coming out of a bank wetc. ) I would roll dice like Grimm suggested. But I would modify the chart. Run and go to ground makes no sense to me. Besides its two actions. So more sense would be run to next cover or go to ground. And I would do a much bigger chart with more events. Or use event cards ! This would bring a few interesting twists into the scenario.

When Action takes  place on a busy street I would also roll for cops comming. This for sure with a high chance. Or let the cops comming and you roll when they appear.

Cheers
Björn
, ,

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2007, 06:37:19 PM »
- and the Cop Roll should be modified by how much you spend on bribes in advance of the scenario? Just an idea ;-)

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2007, 08:31:05 AM »
Quote from: "Driscoles"
Run and go to ground makes no sense to me. Besides its two actions.

It's not, actually. The .45A rulebook (p6) says: "Models can combine going prone with a shoot action (....) or a move action."

But I agree, that having a GM (or a 'third party player') to move the civilians is a great solution.

What I have in mind is something like this: Your (I think?) suggestion of rolling the d10 and letting the IB run that many inches in the direction pointed by the d10.

On a roll of 0 a man would freeze, a woman faint, on a roll of 9 a man goes to ground, a woman starts screaming.

I have realized, that I forgot to edit one of the paragraphs about screaming (wrote the stuff up in a hurry late in the evening  :oops: ).

This paragraph:
"A Hero within 3” of a wounded and Screaming Grade 0 model must pass a GUTS test or use his next action on running up to her and shake or slap her to ‘snap out of it’. Each additional Screaming model within 3” of the Hero confers a –1 to the GUTS test."

Should have been:
"A Hero within 3” of a wounded and Screaming Grade 0 model must pass a GUTS test or use his next action on running up to it and try to help it in some way. Each additional Screaming model within 3” of the Hero confers a –1 to the GUTS test."