Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:23:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Diakons Generic Sci-fi Skirmish Thread- 2nd Edition Necron Warrior  (Read 4973 times)

Offline Diakon

• Mad Scientist
  • Fancy a Battlefight?
    • My Blog - Tales From The Lead Pile
Hadn't posted any pics of mini's for ages until I posted some skeletons on the Fantasy board earlier today. Also took some pics of some of my sci-fi/post apocalyptic stuff today too. Here's a small warband of Necromunda Scavvy's. I really love these old miniatures and I really want to get more of them. Watching e-bay like a hawk for good deals. Think the Judge Dredd Mutie fits in perfectly with them too. The other big mutie is East Riding Miniatures Golgo Island range.

These are my four painted em4 scavengers. More miniatures that I absolutely love. I'm happy to mix and match several miniatures from their Future Skirmish game into this gang, hence the road warrior guy. I got a couple more on the pile and am gonna grab some more as soon as funds allow.

And finally a couple of mercenaries for an up and coming faction. Only two mini's I have so far for this. The human is an old citadel space pirate/merc type dude. The Squat is a dwarf from a board game I found in a box of stuff a friend gave me. I added a laspistol to the fist hand and replaced his axe head with a 90's space marine power axe head. For some reason the red on his pistol looks terrible in the pics but looks pretty good in real life so am gonna try and get better pics tomorrow. Here they are for now anyway.

Tom
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 07:40:24 PM by Diakon »

Offline 3 fingers

• Mastermind
Looking good  ;)

Offline Jonas

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • OUT OF PRINT!
    • Deathworld Adventures
Nice stuff. You deffinately have something going there. I like how everything is toned down, it works well for you.

Offline rob_alderman

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Dribbling wreck...
I like how gritty they look. Scavvies were the gang I played for Necromunda. Love them!

Offline Diakon

• Mad Scientist
  • Fancy a Battlefight?
Re: Diakons Generic Sci-fi Skirmish Thread- Now with added Zoidberg
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2013, 05:34:18 PM »
Dr. John Squidman. Painted this guy up for the Pulp Painting Club. Fit's quite nicely into this thread too.

edit: Sorry 'bout the super-massive IMG. Not sure what happened there. This seems a bit better. Shame about the mad shadows in this pic though. I'm so bad at taking photos.  lol
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 05:55:48 PM by Diakon »

Offline Diakon

• Mad Scientist
  • Fancy a Battlefight?
Painted up this 2nd edition Necron warrior for Chico's Sci-fi challenge week. Really enjoyed painting it. Went for a different basing style too. Based on some of the stuff I've been seeing in the INQ28 community. I got another 4 of these guys to paint and am hoping to acquire a Lord and an Immortal to go with them. They'll make a great looking Skirmish gang/warband. The Lord to lead them and the Immortal as a heavy/special weapon trooper.
Thinking of using them as sentient networked AI's (like the Geth in Mass Effect) for my own Sci-fi universe. Hope you enjoy.

Offline warburton

• Mastermind
    • Classic40K painting blog
Nice. The old necrons are great models.