Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:05:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689728
  • Total Topics: 118291
  • Online Today: 810
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The LAF Games Workshop Discussion Thread  (Read 1696047 times)

Offline AWu

• Mastermind
    • War is the H-word
Re: The LAF Games Workshop Discussion Thread
« Reply #8550 on: June 21, 2018, 01:30:15 PM »
The Gangers of House Cawdor wield crude halberds designed to imitate the weapons wielded by their idols – the Adeptus Custodes – although their effectiveness leaves a lot to be desired...

So thats official. Weapons in the image of the saints :P

PS: They could at least skin the rat for the kebab!

« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 01:31:51 PM by AWu »

Offline The Voivod

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #8551 on: June 24, 2018, 02:01:49 PM »
But all the vitamins are in the skin....
'Mercy? I am far to brave to grant you mercy.'

Offline Red Kop

• Bookworm
« Reply #8552 on: June 27, 2018, 09:22:19 AM »
A bit disappointed with the Cawdor miniatures to be honest.

For me they're definitely the weakest of the bunch in terms of looks.

Out of completeness sake I'll pick some up as I want to get at least one of each gang, but they look pretty meh... Shame, as I've been rather impressed with everything else that they've released for Necromunda so far.

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
« Reply #8553 on: June 27, 2018, 10:55:00 AM »
I was in a GW shop last Friday and they're only stocking the main game in the shop now. All the gangs and extra bits (including the bases) are mail order only.

I was quite surprised, given that they're still releasing kits and it still seems to be an active project. Seems particularly harsh that the bases have to be ordered online

Offline Lost Egg

• Mastermind
« Reply #8554 on: June 27, 2018, 10:57:00 AM »
That does seem a very odd decision. It'd not like even stocking one of each gang would take up too much space.
My current project...Classic Wargame - An experiment in 24" of wargaming!

https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=140633.new#new

Offline Red Kop

• Bookworm
« Reply #8555 on: June 27, 2018, 11:11:58 AM »
I was in a GW shop last Friday and they're only stocking the main game in the shop now. All the gangs and extra bits (including the bases) are mail order only.

I was quite surprised, given that they're still releasing kits and it still seems to be an active project. Seems particularly harsh that the bases have to be ordered online

That is odd. There is an online retailer here in NZ which seems to have everything covered so far but wonder if that'll change if it is all mail order only? If so that may complicate things a little more  :?

What a strange decision.

Offline AWu

• Mastermind
    • War is the H-word
« Reply #8556 on: June 27, 2018, 03:28:18 PM »
My local non GW shop have everything most of the times, but we are playing it in shop quite intensively. I guess when we stop it will stop ordering replacements and will go mail order.

I guess when the shops will move to pushing new AoS edition it make sens economically (you have to keep less stock in central storage than in each shop you have.

I am not buying anything apart from paints in GW shop anyway because of prices anyway.

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
« Reply #8557 on: June 27, 2018, 03:44:52 PM »
Yeah, the sales bloke did ask if I was interested in the new AoS stuff. I didn't get thrown out when I said I preferred the Old World figures, somewhat to my surprise. I suspect if he knew how old my Citadel fantasy figures are it would have been a different story (there's a good chance they're older than he is) lol

I always feel uncomfortable discussing fantasy and SF in their shop as I don't play their systems. Usually I just buy what I went for and try and get out as quickly as possible. I think it loses them business from me, as I am prone to "ooh shiny" and I'd probably spend a lot more if left just to wander around the place :(

Offline Lost Egg

• Mastermind
« Reply #8558 on: June 27, 2018, 03:51:53 PM »
I must admit to avoiding their shops sometimes rather than face the overly-pushy sales staff.

Offline TheMightyFlip

• Mastermind
  • Smoggie!!
    • Flips Miniatures
« Reply #8559 on: June 27, 2018, 09:33:48 PM »
I had the same issue with the Van Saar, was going to walk down on the release day and just buy a box and Gang War 3, was told "nope, you need to order online" turns out that they made most of their sales through the base set, so after a few months they rotate all the extra stuff out of the bricks and mortar stores to make room for the next new game that comes out.

Offline thenamelessdead

• Scientist
  • I've made a huge mistake...
« Reply #8560 on: June 27, 2018, 09:39:14 PM »
Don't know about anyone else but there is almost no chance of me making an impulse buy in GW now the models are hidden behind pictures. When the walls were covered in blisters (not in a Nurgle way) I could spend ages looking at the actual models and wanting to buy almost anything.

Offline AWu

• Mastermind
    • War is the H-word
« Reply #8561 on: June 27, 2018, 10:27:34 PM »
Agree.. Now even plastic blisters have large sticker with info in Polish stick at the back blocking sight of the sprue..  and same pics that are on the boxes i can see in the net...
As I said, only go there for paints and sometimes random mail order exclusive I cannot order through my normal sources.

Additionally I was pissed that they bring only 10 copies of Goodwin artbook for shop anniversary.. I was 11th person :(
Shitty practice.

Offline grant

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #8562 on: June 28, 2018, 01:06:51 AM »
Don't know about anyone else but there is almost no chance of me making an impulse buy in GW now the models are hidden behind pictures. When the walls were covered in blisters (not in a Nurgle way) I could spend ages looking at the actual models and wanting to buy almost anything.

Digging for treasure used to be the best part! That’s weird.
Haven’t done GW since Necro re-release and since sold on; I doubt they’ll get any of my money again. I do miss 40k 2nd edition out of pure nostalgia.... o_o
It’s a beautiful thing, the destruction of words - Orwell, 1984

Offline Ray Rivers

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #8563 on: June 28, 2018, 05:35:14 PM »
I have never gotten into GW in general. Yea... I put together a small army of space marines and Eldar. Bought a bunch of Tyranids and sisters of battle (painted only 5). But fighting for the empire really never appealed to me.

As for Warhammer... I thought and still do, that the original fantasy armies were just too child like. Probably because of my "historic" gamer background. I did like Khorne and Chaos, but elves and rats... just didn't appeal.

Then came Age of Sigmar. And while I know that most on this forum hate the Stormcast, for me, Chaos, now had a worthy enemy. So I have bought a lot of stuff from GW in the last couple years:

1. Age of Sigmar Starter Box
2. Judicators
3. Lord-Aquilor
4. Vanguard-Palladors
5. Knight-Vexillor
6. Lord-Castellant
7. Knight-Azyros
8. Knight-Questor
9. Soul Wars Starter Box
10. Easy to build Sequitors
11. Exalted Deathbringer with axe
12. Daemon Prince
13. Dragonfate Dais

So... I guess a lot of the older folks have drifted away, but I am one of the newer folks who like the new look.

The models themselves are gorgeous, though they take me a long time to paint. Still when they are finished... they have become the prize of my miniature collection. Just finished my Knight Azyros... what a stunning model.

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #8564 on: June 29, 2018, 01:57:48 AM »
I definitely agree with the fact that stormcast are a worthy foe for Chaos. Before it just seemed inevitable that Chaos would reign. I liked the minis a bit to begin with but like them even more now. I've bought a few for chopping up into this and that but given the choice of starting a new army with GW I'd choose Stormies.