Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:48:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686609
  • Total Topics: 118113
  • Online Today: 649
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The LAF Games Workshop Discussion Thread  (Read 1683331 times)

Offline Lost Egg

• Mastermind
Re: The LAF Games Workshop Discussion Thread
« Reply #8250 on: April 14, 2018, 05:44:19 PM »
The blades of the Thrall's weapons are OTT and the eyeless heads still look odd. Perhaps they would have been better with helmets that cover the eyes.

I'd like to know when the Van Saar and Kill Team are released.
My current project...Classic Wargame - An experiment in 24" of wargaming!

https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=140633.new#new

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #8251 on: April 14, 2018, 07:11:14 PM »
The deepkin are up for pre-order, with what I thought had to be a misprinted price when I first read it - Eidolon of Mathlann yours for merely £65.00.

I quite like the Thralls, but I really like the shipwreck, and it's reasonably priced at £25.00 (I actually thought they'd swapped the prices on the shipwreck and the figure). I have no idea what the warden figure is doing, although carrying your own ink supply with you makes sense, I suppose  lol

Still waiting patiently for the Van Saars, can't be too long now.

For some reason the Idoneth Deepkin are the first thing that GW has released in ages that has me really wanting to buy into something of theirs for ages. I cant see myself playing AOS but I can see me getting some of those new releases to use elsewhere.
I love the Thralls and Shipwreck and do not think the price is too bad.
 :)

The Warden fella is great but I am not paying that much for a single figure and that big fella is a great idea but insanely priced.
  :o :o

Saying that, I may cave in on the beasties, though, as I really like them.
Especially the big turtle thingy....
 ::)

What am I saying???
 :o

Offline Kommando_J

• Mastermind
« Reply #8252 on: April 14, 2018, 09:11:42 PM »
Personally while they look nice the deepkin are not for me, i'd just like to know when the rest of the named bounty hunters are out for necromunda, finally be able to use the rest of gang war 2...

Offline thenamelessdead

• Scientist
  • I've made a huge mistake...
« Reply #8253 on: April 15, 2018, 10:58:16 AM »
I think GW have been at the glue.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
« Reply #8254 on: April 15, 2018, 04:33:55 PM »
I think GW have been at the glue.

I think that I have too....

Offline boneio

• Scientist
« Reply #8255 on: April 15, 2018, 04:51:27 PM »
Having read the background I quite like the sea elves, although as usual for modern gw they are very ott in both fluff (a magical sea comes onto the land) and design.

30 quid for ten plastic models though, is that the new normal as well? Problem is I'd rather spend that 3 quid per figure on old models I don't yet have. Or non-gw plastics.

Offline nic-e

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mystarikum
« Reply #8256 on: April 15, 2018, 05:15:33 PM »
Price is a tad steep ,But that eidolon of mathlann is absolutley gorgeous. It's such a coherent and elegant design,With the various aquatic design elements being so well meshed together, I could probably look at it for a good few hours and pick apart all the wonderful little motifs on his armour. And the water is fantasically done and
He's also quite a big bigger than i thought, I imagine he's a similar height to Archon the everchosen (minus the wings and a fair bit slighter.)  Not exactly £65 big but a very very good centrepiece figure.

I think the deepkin are going to be a popular faction regardless of price.

(Also £25 for that shipwreck is lovely. I'll be getting one of those for my town of mystport! )
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 05:17:08 PM by nic-e »
never trust a horse, they make a commitment to shoes that no animal should make.

http://mystarikum.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline thenamelessdead

• Scientist
  • I've made a huge mistake...
« Reply #8257 on: April 15, 2018, 09:14:00 PM »
The water on the figures: how are painters of average ability or worse supposed to make that look good? There are going to be some expensive but iffy-looking models gracing the gaming tables of the world. GW take this approach to 'centrepiece' models far too far.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
« Reply #8258 on: April 15, 2018, 09:20:37 PM »
Having read the background I quite like the sea elves, although as usual for modern gw they are very ott in both fluff (a magical sea comes onto the land) and design.

I have no interest in any of the fluff for AOS, it all sounds like a load of tosh to me, but I do like some of the figures for use in other settings with a little imagination.

30 quid for ten plastic models though, is that the new normal as well? Problem is I'd rather spend that 3 quid per figure on old models I don't yet have. Or non-gw plastics.

It does seem to be the norm.
For GW.
Plenty of sensibly priced plastics out there, and GW stuff is available much cheaper if you are patient and wait for people to get fed up and sell them on on ebay.
I have picked up a load of Stormcast for conversion at very cheap prices that way.
 ;)

Offline nic-e

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mystarikum
« Reply #8259 on: April 15, 2018, 09:36:15 PM »
The water on the figures: how are painters of average ability or worse supposed to make that look good? There are going to be some expensive but iffy-looking models gracing the gaming tables of the world. GW take this approach to 'centrepiece' models far too far.

I admit that the idea of painting that wave cloak terrifies me! But when i started the hobby it was the big kits like that that I aspired too. Big centrepiece kits were what i always wanted to paint first but bought last ,partly cus i had to save for them but also because i wanted to make sure they looked the best! :)

I can easily see a new player looking at the new nurlge army, the daughters of khaine, or the deepkin, and building their army , learning to paint as they go, then finishing it off with that final special kit.

Online beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #8260 on: April 15, 2018, 10:52:53 PM »
With AOS they really had the scope to make a new faction completely different to anything else. Maybe some sort of warp creatures that aren't chaos or something new born out of the breaking of the old world. Maybe the future will see something like this?

Offline nic-e

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mystarikum
« Reply #8261 on: April 16, 2018, 12:57:11 AM »
With AOS they really had the scope to make a new faction completely different to anything else. Maybe some sort of warp creatures that aren't chaos or something new born out of the breaking of the old world. Maybe the future will see something like this?

Well they teased a model that is a literal ball of pure magic, So they're certainly pushing the crazyness in some areas.

Offline 3 fingers

• Mastermind
« Reply #8262 on: April 16, 2018, 06:48:04 AM »
I couldn’t find the cavalry or turtle? But I shudder to think how much , even the paint set seems expensive to me I must be getting old or poorer  lol

Offline FionaWhite

• Mad Scientist
  • The Fox Fantastic
« Reply #8263 on: April 16, 2018, 06:57:44 AM »
Well they teased a model that is a literal ball of pure magic, So they're certainly pushing the crazyness in some areas.

Soooo, rainbow-coloured superball stuck on a flying stand?

I really have no idea what I'm doing.

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #8264 on: April 16, 2018, 07:24:23 AM »
Soooo, rainbow-coloured superball stuck on a flying stand?

Well, that does sound better than a floating stone head with the features of David Copperfield... I guess they cannot copyright the latter, even though "it's magic!"