Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 04:33:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1685053
  • Total Topics: 118007
  • Online Today: 766
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The LAF Games Workshop Discussion Thread  (Read 1676568 times)

Offline Lost Egg

• Mastermind
Re: The LAF Games Workshop Discussion Thread
« Reply #9645 on: April 19, 2019, 08:57:57 PM »
But damn...if a jobs worth doing its worth doing well.
My current project...Classic Wargame - An experiment in 24" of wargaming!

https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=140633.new#new

Offline JamesValentine

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #9646 on: April 19, 2019, 10:00:24 PM »
But damn...if a jobs worth doing its worth doing well.
I think you just confused GW

Offline Lost Egg

• Mastermind
« Reply #9647 on: April 20, 2019, 07:19:09 AM »
 lol Well i suppose to do a job well you need differing opinions but GW are only after yes-men...cos everything they do is...like...totally awesome!

Offline 3 fingers

• Mastermind
« Reply #9648 on: April 20, 2019, 01:13:59 PM »
I sometimes wonder if GW is run similarly to the Dilbert cartoon strip's  lol

Offline mcfonz

• Mastermind
    • Poison Spurs - blog and reviews
« Reply #9649 on: April 20, 2019, 09:40:53 PM »
Tbf, GW have some of the best miniatures in the market out there. Their plastics are often hands down better than the majority of the market.

There was a time when this wasn't the case, late '90's to early 2000's. The likes of the battle for skull pass, were horrendous and a step backwards.

Now it's very different.

Looks to me like the set gives you the option of two ways to model Eowyn, I don't think the angle, possibly way it's been glued to the base of paint jobs are helping it massively. But I don't see a lot wrong with them myself.

Better pictures:
RP Tabletop Blog:

RP vlog channel: https://www.youtube.com/@RandomPlatypus

Offline Condottiere

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #9650 on: April 20, 2019, 11:39:17 PM »
Still looks crap, especially the mail, and what's with the horse's head?

The GWanboyz will lap it up, regardless of the price...

Offline JamesValentine

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #9651 on: April 21, 2019, 08:24:53 AM »
Tbf, GW have some of the best miniatures in the market out there. Their plastics are often hands down better than the majority of the market.
Sticking on junk disguised as detail and blobby cad smoke and sharp cad fire is hardly "some of the best"
XD
GW can do not wrong. They are the greatest ever.
That's why 90% of their models are never bought by the fans because they don't fit a Meta XD

Offline mcfonz

• Mastermind
« Reply #9652 on: April 21, 2019, 10:57:13 AM »
Still looks crap, especially the mail, and what's with the horse's head?

So why come on this thread? Just to bash?

I can't see anything wrong with the mail, lets put it another way, a good 80% of the miniatures market produces worse looking mail.

Sticking on junk disguised as detail and blobby cad smoke and sharp cad fire is hardly "some of the best"
XDGW can do not wrong. They are the greatest ever.

That's why 90% of their models are never bought by the fans because they don't fit a Meta XD

That's why they keep making profit after profit in a world where most miniature companies aren't? So far, all you have done is come on this thread to slag off stuff.

This model doesn't look feminine enough for you. A previous miniature was too slim and not masculine looking enough for you.

All this has proven so far is you folks just want to slag something off so find this thread to hijack and slate.

Offline Belligerentparrot

• Scientist
« Reply #9653 on: April 21, 2019, 01:52:50 PM »
I dunno, McFonz, the thread is for all GW discussion, right? That includes slagging them off (justified in the case of those LoTR figures I'd say, whereas the new Keeper of Secrets - now that is stunning sculpting!)

Offline pixelgeek

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
« Reply #9654 on: April 21, 2019, 02:57:31 PM »
I dunno, McFonz, the thread is for all GW discussion, right?

Yah but page after page of people slagging the same mini gets boring after a while. It’s crap. We all get it. Move on.

Offline mcfonz

• Mastermind
« Reply #9655 on: April 21, 2019, 02:57:49 PM »
Sure, if you think trolling is good.

These  may not be GW's best but they're still not as crap as being claimed.

Offline Condottiere

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #9656 on: April 21, 2019, 03:33:20 PM »
So why come on this thread? Just to bash?

I can't see anything wrong with the mail, lets put it another way, a good 80% of the miniatures market produces worse looking mail.

Lighten up Francis...

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=57122.msg1455486#msg1455486

You're either happy with "any GW talk is kept to this thread" or you're not!

You're clearly a passionate bloke, so The Grand Alliance Community might be a better fit?

https://www.tga.community/forums/topic/10999-stop-with-the-complaining-and-remember-why-we-have-tga/

It's a nice safe space/echo chamber complete with various types of "like buttons" and a mod who gives you penalty points for criticism he doesn't consider constructive, though what's constructive is relative based on his bias. lol

I'd like to see some data concerning this good 80% producing worse looking mail and are you differentiating between metal, resin and styrene?

It's possible the horse is supposed to be an Arabian, due to the smallish head and high carried tail, and since the films were shot in New Zealand, might explain the sculpting source.   

Offline Condottiere

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #9657 on: April 21, 2019, 03:36:07 PM »
Yah but page after page of people slagging the same mini gets boring after a while. It’s crap. We all get it. Move on.
How many pages on this thread and how many pages specifically "slagging" the same mini? How would you feel about page after page praising it?

Offline mcfonz

• Mastermind
« Reply #9658 on: April 21, 2019, 05:04:10 PM »
Lighten up Francis...

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=57122.msg1455486#msg1455486

You're either happy with "any GW talk is kept to this thread" or you're not!

Not sure what your point is. I was pointing out that this thread exists because people can't keep it reasonable. Critique is one thing, but some statements you are making are rubbish. And I don't see you on threads elsewhere slating other miniatures for even worse chainmail...

Also you have history. You are a troll. You've history elsewhere, grinding forums into the rubbish of purely gas-lighting. Which is exactly what you are doing here.

You're clearly a passionate bloke, so The Grand Alliance Community might be a better fit?

https://www.tga.community/forums/topic/10999-stop-with-the-complaining-and-remember-why-we-have-tga/

It's a nice safe space/echo chamber complete with various types of "like buttons" and a mod who gives you penalty points for criticism he doesn't consider constructive, though what's constructive is relative based on his bias. lol

I've no interest of going anywhere else - you know this isn't a certain other site right? You know that the entire approach to this place is meant to be on the whole more positive, whilst constructive criticism is good, slating something for being utter crap isn't. And you don't seem to jump on other sculpts elsewhere for the same issues...

I'd like to see some data concerning this good 80% producing worse looking mail and are you differentiating between metal, resin and styrene?

There is a huge chunk of the historical market where the mail is not as good as that displayed on this mini. Mainly because being handsculpted it takes a hell of a lot more time and effort to sculpt actual links.

It's possible the horse is supposed to be an Arabian, due to the smallish head and high carried tail, and since the films were shot in New Zealand, might explain the sculpting source.

Wait, you think the movies might actually have been the sculpting source?!! Wow. NSS.

Offline Braxandur

• Mastermind
« Reply #9659 on: April 21, 2019, 06:10:44 PM »
Guys, I think it is time to take a step back and calm down a bit ;)
Why aim for gold if you can get lead?