Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:28:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: The LAF Games Workshop Discussion Thread  (Read 1683134 times)

Offline Duncan McDane

• Mastermind
Re: The LAF Games Workshop Discussion Thread
« Reply #10050 on: July 20, 2019, 03:12:21 PM »
And Warhammer Underworlds season 3 announced, Beastgrave.
They sure like to keep up the pace, don't they?  :P
Leadhead

Offline MeridarchGekkota

• Bookworm
« Reply #10051 on: July 20, 2019, 04:12:13 PM »
Well that "Age of Sigmar Open Day" was a disappointment.

Offline AWu

• Mastermind
    • War is the H-word
« Reply #10052 on: July 20, 2019, 06:57:51 PM »
And Warhammer Underworlds season 3 announced, Beastgrave.
They sure like to keep up the pace, don't they?  :P

Well Seasons are part of the game but IMHO it would work better in 18 or 24 month seasons and better spread releases.

I wonder if this is a centaur ur an elf with an animal companion (I need a centigor for my beastmen for Mordheim so I might be biased :P

Offline Blackwolf

• Potato Cup 3 winner
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #10053 on: July 20, 2019, 11:50:54 PM »
Correct, it's called "Mare Solum". There's a Facebook group for it. I think Jimbibbly has made some stuff for it.

Unfortunately Facebook is not my thing,I did try...
May the Wolf  Walk With You
http://greywolf1066.blogspot.com.au/

Painting Clubs Joined: APC,MPC, PPC,PAPC,LPC.

Offline Condottiere

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #10054 on: July 21, 2019, 01:45:08 AM »
Well that "Age of Sigmar Open Day" was a disappointment.
How so?

Offline Condottiere

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #10055 on: July 21, 2019, 02:28:30 AM »
Cypher Lords

AoS stats

Minimum unit size of 8($53.13 - incl MA 6.25% sales tax) and maximum 32($212.50)... :-I

I've got 30 Citadel ninjas, so will buy one box for the cards. Not sure why the Thrallmaster is on a 32mm round, while the rest are on 25s. :? If one in 8 models must be a Thrallmaster, how can 1 in 8 must be a Luminate? Should it be "or"?

« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 02:57:06 AM by Condottiere »

Offline Dr Mathias

• LPL Champion (S6,S7) Bronze Medalist (S5)
  • Galactic Brain
  • Purveyor of the one-and-only Miracle Elixir!
    • Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza
« Reply #10056 on: July 21, 2019, 02:53:45 AM »

You're probably better off for it :)

I really like the look of the Warcry stuff, but I simply have to draw the line somewhere. Sisters of Battle are coming up too...
a mixture of quick parts, sarcastic humour, reserve, and caprice.
Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza

Offline Coenus Scaldingus

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #10057 on: July 21, 2019, 06:18:32 AM »
I've got 30 Citadel ninjas, so will buy one box for the cards. Not sure why the Thrallmaster is on a 32mm round, while the rest are on 25s. :? If one in 8 models must be a Thrallmaster, how can 1 in 8 must be a Luminate? Should it be "or"?
Base sizes differentiate unit types in Warcry.
As for the model limits, they just want/force you to use multiples of a box. 1 in 8 minis represents a Thrallmaster, 1 in 8 a Luminate, 6 out of 8 "others".
~Ad finem temporum~

Offline Duncan McDane

• Mastermind
« Reply #10058 on: July 21, 2019, 08:36:00 AM »
I wonder if this is a centaur ur an elf with an animal companion (I need a centigor for my beastmen for Mordheim so I might be biased :P

That one might be the lion ( behind an Elf/Aelf/whatever it's called these days ) they showed earlier, I'm afraid.

Offline Duncan McDane

• Mastermind
« Reply #10059 on: July 21, 2019, 08:47:54 AM »
Cypher Lords

AoS stats

Minimum unit size of 8($53.13 - incl MA 6.25% sales tax) and maximum 32($212.50)... :-I

Thrallmaster is a character ( don't know his background ) but characters in many rules systems come on a larger base. In AoS, Chaos Marauders ( Bloodreavers they're now called? ) come on 25mm whilst Chaos Warriors ( no idea what they're called these days ) on 32mm. I don't see that as strange. Might look even better  ;). Fun thing is, I see they use next to 25mm bases also 28mm bases in this gang.
The battle scroll I read that out of every 8 models 1 must be a Thrallmaster and 1 must be a Luminate. So that leaves you with 6 other warriors per box of 8. You want 2 boxes? Then you have 2 Thrallmasters, 2 Luminates and 14 other warriors. And so on...

Offline Vladimir Raukov

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #10060 on: July 21, 2019, 11:34:58 AM »
Oof, that cities of sigmar book's going to be pricey, I can feel it.

Offline Kommando_J

• Mastermind
« Reply #10061 on: July 21, 2019, 01:43:47 PM »

I think you'd do right to just look up the pics on google and keep well away from the facebook groups.

(SMALL RANT INCOMING)

I loved them at first and for ages something was ''off''that I couldn't quite put my finger on, it wasn't until a guy on one of the inq28 facebook groups went on a rant that I realised what.

All of the inq28/aos28/blanchitsu-aligned FB groups have become more than a little clique-ish with John Blanche kind of at the core, he seemingly can do no wrong and is tbh brusque and at times quite rude.

The ranter accused them of having an inner circle and while I agree with Mr Blanches rejoinder that it was just him and a group of friends(a man can have a close knit friends group of course)...it does feel that way, they all host games, big up each others stuff and the rank and file of the group seemingly are superfluous.

Also he is seemingly permanently unhappy despite having a legion of adoring fans that would in all probability do anything for him and constantly comlains of attention on social media, has deleted past accounts...yet stays about.

A major bugbear of Mr Blanches is everyone trying to achieve his style(which he freely admits he got by copying classical artist) and while I fully get that attempts to monetise it for facebook/youtube are too far, I dont see the harm in people doing it for themselves and as the ranty man pointed out, he seemingly doesn't have a problem when its one of the ''inner circle'' doing it.

Tbh now the whole thing is dragging me down, the whole thing has gone a wee bit cultish and as a regular member I just feel discouraged from posting.

(SMALL RANT ENDED)

Sorry if this has come out of left field, been holding it in for a while and have nowhere else to share it as the original guy got deleted (I was looking forward to a bit of spirited debate) and it was made clear that dissenting thought with regards to mr blanche would not be tolerated on any of the groups.

Offline Lost Egg

• Mastermind
« Reply #10062 on: July 21, 2019, 02:35:12 PM »
Well that does sound rather naff. TBH while I like some of his stuff on the whole its a bit OTT for my tastes and I think he pushes things to extremes, which is good for the creative process, but I much prefer it when his concepts are dialled back slightly for production.
My current project...Classic Wargame - An experiment in 24" of wargaming!

https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=140633.new#new

Offline Kommando_J

• Mastermind
« Reply #10063 on: July 21, 2019, 02:46:32 PM »
The whole thing has become rather naff, part of me suspects this might be part of some brilliant performance piece that's too highbrow to even be comprehended, especially the fact that he purposefully types in a weird fashion (he spells my as 'mii' for example).

He seems to take offence easily and be very suspicions of even the most innocuous of questions, you can ask him ''hey have you heard of X movie?'' and he'll answer ''...no I don't kno wat that is...'' (ellipses included).

Personally I find this community much more encouraging in many levels, while some boards have their ''stars'' their doesn't seem to be any outright domination by any one member.

Offline AWu

• Mastermind
    • War is the H-word
« Reply #10064 on: July 21, 2019, 03:59:27 PM »
That one might be the lion ( behind an Elf/Aelf/whatever it's called these days ) they showed earlier, I'm afraid.

nah
Cenrtaur elf for sure

As to Fb

Well I am user n many groups and I think its great thing - but for showing up miniature projects forum is just much superior tool.
Searching for one pic of a mini I saw 6 months ago is just impossible on most of the groups I am in.
Said that its great for community projects and group communication and building.

Groups are very very different though. From all love and be merry ME gaming group (nicest one of the large groups Ive seen) to a sour and bad attitude 40k.

While JB is just grumpy old man and can be rude at a times (well most of the times)he is a master of the art of world building and visuals. Whatever I like it or not (and I love most of his work despite being unable to replicate anything Blanchistsu :)
But I am looking at his Inner circle minis on the blogs mostly I haven't seen anything off putting bvut I suspect that when you post non Blanschitsu stuff on prominently Blanschitsu group you are not that interesting to the rest of the group.. Same is on 15mm sci fi group - you might feel strange if you are not into blower memes and inside jokes (that sometimes compromise of the half of the group output) :P
To each his own. I think that there is place for just anyone on Fb hobby related.