Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:05:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686604
  • Total Topics: 118111
  • Online Today: 626
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The LAF Games Workshop Discussion Thread  (Read 1683259 times)

Offline Andrew Rae

• Mad Scientist
    • Statuesque Miniatures
Re: The LAF Games Workshop Discussion Thread
« Reply #10080 on: July 21, 2019, 09:29:21 PM »
I do not share Kommando J point of view - IMHO its good that those guys opened their own (as they are admins) group to the public and I can see a lot f great miniatures..
ANd as a guest hthere I am not going to criticese that their community is represented the most

But he is expressing his dislike for this practice.
And you are expressing your displeasure with Kommando J having an strong opinion.
While I can see both merit and flaw of his comments I cant see  what your post add to the discussion apart from dissent. Its just provoking a flame.
Please lets all end this topic, and go on for discussion of GW stuff and not personal comments about other members of LA.

Pax gentleman. And lets talk about some great miniatures not other members.

I'm lost. Who's criticising Kommando_J for strong opinions and who's making personal comments about other members of LAF?

Offline mcfonz

• Mastermind
    • Poison Spurs - blog and reviews
« Reply #10081 on: July 21, 2019, 09:37:47 PM »
This is the designated gw dump thread,

Then you'd be more than a bit wrong.

the GW thread isn’t a bin for complaints but a hiving off of GW discussion, whether it be positive or negative.

the GW thread is not a rant thread, but may appear so since any unfocused discussion (i.e. not properly hobby-related) has a very high probability of going there, just because the company tends to polarise the community to such an extent.

I find it all a bit odd. And I might invoke Capt.Blood here a bit, but I honestly don't get why some folk really enjoy instigating negativity so much.

Nothing wrong with not liking the style or composition of a miniature or even the lack of technical ability displayed in the sculpt itself. I get all of that.

But the discussion here has gotten very specific about an individual. It's not even about their role within GW and appears to be pointing out they don't like imitators as if that is enough of a reason to suggest they are a grumpy old so and so.

To say that this line of discussion comes across as a bit cowardly and pathetic is an understatement.

I'd rather it kept on topic and the term 'dump' didn't literally appear to mean you thought you could soil it as you felt fit to because no where else on the forum allows it.
RP Tabletop Blog:

RP vlog channel: https://www.youtube.com/@RandomPlatypus

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #10082 on: July 21, 2019, 09:41:35 PM »
 I've not spoken to Jon Blanche in nigh on thirty years.(Maggie insisted I go tip sand out me boots Some where cold and crappie.Instead of painting figures.) I  left the old studio having Been there a month .
So couldn't add anything either way. Other than drunken nights in Rock City.Or being bored out of my skull staying in the company house in Bullwell.Or the lectures for staying out all night. ::)

Mind you I didn't recognize Brian May when he came down.Just another long haired bloke rolling dice. lol
So I'll change the subject because I probably missed it (and there's no way I'm trawling through pages on phone just to check .lifes too short ;D )

Is this thread going to be re branded 'Warhammer' as well or are we defiantly stuck in our ways?

Offline Andrew Rae

• Mad Scientist
    • Statuesque Miniatures
« Reply #10083 on: July 21, 2019, 09:44:20 PM »
Worrhamuh.

Offline Kommando_J

• Mastermind
« Reply #10084 on: July 21, 2019, 10:02:51 PM »
''It's not even about their role within GW and appears to be pointing out they don't like imitators as if that is enough of a reason to suggest they are a grumpy old so and so.''

It was more than just that if you had actually read through my replies.

''To say that this line of discussion comes across as a bit cowardly and pathetic is an understatement.''

'First off, no need for the attacks, second i'd ask you actually read my replies, its not as simple as you boil it down to, if it was as simple an issue as you make it out to be i'd have no porblems.

Offline Blackwolf

• Potato Cup 3 winner
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #10085 on: July 21, 2019, 10:08:56 PM »
Haha, indeed Mark.
I may have inadvertently derailed this thread...by my comment about not doing Facebook.
I have found most groups,whether on the internet, physical clubs,pop culture groupings et cetera ,always end up the same,there are the cool ones,the ones with a sense of entitlement, the naysayers ,and the downright odd( that would be me). I think a lot of has to do with pride and insecurities; now I have learnt over my 54 years that the best thing is to be nice,and if other people are less than nice move along,life is too short.Even here on the LAF, if discussions get too fraught,move away, don't add to your or others pain,most of us are just middle aged chaps trying to get along,have a bit of social interaction  and some positive communication with others of a similar inclination. We are all the same and all a little different, in idipsum. And you know what? It just doesn't matter.

Now back to GW.

May the Wolf  Walk With You
http://greywolf1066.blogspot.com.au/

Painting Clubs Joined: APC,MPC, PPC,PAPC,LPC.

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #10086 on: July 21, 2019, 10:13:23 PM »
Correct, it's called "Mare Solum". There's a Facebook group for it. I think Jimbibbly has made some stuff for it.

Here it is and everything that gets posted on FB gets posted in this thread.

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=107994.msg1349184#msg1349184
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline Kommando_J

• Mastermind
« Reply #10087 on: July 21, 2019, 10:23:17 PM »
The mare solum one I actually wasn't too bothered started off as a private thing, its theirs after all, they all freely shared the stuff on their fab blogs.

I would like to make one correction to AWu

- the main goups grew out of the in28 group which started off as public - an extension of the culture that developed first independently with the release of inquisotr and the old army lists, then kind of solidified in the ammobunker forum, to say that anyone has ownership over inq28 as a whole  is incorrect in my own opinion.

Also yes, back to warhammer, I recently played my first ever proper game of age of sigmar and have become somewhat a convert! So thanks to my buddy Nick for inviting me round saturday and showing me how to play.

Offline Kommando_J

• Mastermind
« Reply #10088 on: July 21, 2019, 10:29:27 PM »
For the record he played as legion of nagash against my (his) kharadron overlords, he tarpitted me and although I came close to wiping him out (after all but kill one unit of skeletons several fucking times) the turn limit kicked in and we called it a draw!

Offline AWu

• Mastermind
    • War is the H-word
« Reply #10089 on: July 21, 2019, 10:36:12 PM »

I have found most groups,whether on the internet, physical clubs,pop culture groupings et cetera ,always end up the same,there are the cool ones,the ones with a sense of entitlement, the naysayers ,and the downright odd( that would be me). I think a lot of has to do with pride and insecurities;

Heh
Blackwolf
You accidental described phenomenon known as an Iron law of oligarchy  lol

Ok, work related fun aside
Lets go back to GW :)

Offline Blackwolf

• Potato Cup 3 winner
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #10090 on: July 21, 2019, 10:54:04 PM »
Haha, indeed. Just looked it up.

Offline Kommando_J

• Mastermind
« Reply #10091 on: July 22, 2019, 01:12:55 AM »
Heh
Blackwolf
You accidental described phenomenon known as an Iron law of oligarchy  lol

Ok, work related fun aside
Lets go back to GW :)

Is their a 'quietly observes from the background' category?

Offline McMordain

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #10092 on: July 22, 2019, 10:04:02 PM »
Campaign rules for Warcry. It sounds interesting.

Bear Pirates Go To Hell!

Offline Dr Mathias

• LPL Champion (S6,S7) Bronze Medalist (S5)
  • Galactic Brain
  • Purveyor of the one-and-only Miracle Elixir!
    • Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza
« Reply #10093 on: July 22, 2019, 10:18:15 PM »
Sisters Repentia images dropped, gotta say I love 'em.

Still haven't painted my metal ones :(
a mixture of quick parts, sarcastic humour, reserve, and caprice.
Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza

Offline Kommando_J

• Mastermind
« Reply #10094 on: July 22, 2019, 10:22:28 PM »
Nice sculpts, hoping for a plastic priest kit when it all comes out, personally.

Has anyone here tired the underworlds game? Is it fun? I tired asking my friends but all got spooked when I mentioned the card element.