Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:19:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686447
  • Total Topics: 118100
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The LAF Games Workshop Discussion Thread  (Read 1682711 times)

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
Re: The LAF Games Workshop Discussion Thread
« Reply #10605 on: November 10, 2019, 12:05:25 PM »
beefcake - why not both? 105 packs of 2 minute noodles (for 3 weeks of eating) from PAK'nSAVE?

Sure, you're probably going to lose a few kilos and the youngest isn't going to make it - but you get Games Workshop miniatures in the end!
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen

Offline Belligerentparrot

• Scientist
« Reply #10606 on: November 10, 2019, 01:28:50 PM »
The new Necro is more expensive than I thought it would be, given that everyone who really wants Enforcers already owns them. If this were the first we've seen of the Enforcers, I imagine this would have sold like hotcakes.
Though on second thoughts, I guess the terrain is the selling point. It does look lovely.

Beefcake - I feel your pain. It was only when I moved from NZ to the UK that I felt able to get back into the hobby at all!

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #10607 on: November 11, 2019, 04:41:11 AM »
beefcake - why not both? 105 packs of 2 minute noodles (for 3 weeks of eating) from PAK'nSAVE?

Sure, you're probably going to lose a few kilos and the youngest isn't going to make it - but you get Games Workshop miniatures in the end!
Hmmm. Kids could go feral for a few weeks. Stick them out in a paddock somewhere for a few weeks feasting on raw sheep... Tempting...

The new Necro is more expensive than I thought it would be, given that everyone who really wants Enforcers already owns them. If this were the first we've seen of the Enforcers, I imagine this would have sold like hotcakes.
Though on second thoughts, I guess the terrain is the selling point. It does look lovely.

Beefcake - I feel your pain. It was only when I moved from NZ to the UK that I felt able to get back into the hobby at all!

Ebay's still my friend. I can get UK prices with free shipping, just takes patience for it to arrive though. I'm not interested in this latest Necromunda anyway so it doesn't really bother me. I can't imagine them selling a lot down this way though.

Offline Duncan McDane

• Mastermind
« Reply #10608 on: November 11, 2019, 02:16:18 PM »
Not quite sure if the rulebook from the new Necromunda starter set is a revised edition of the first one or just about the same with some edited mistakes. Got both the original and hardbacks but as the price from this new set is a bit more than I'm willing to pay ( only want the cultists and probably the terrain ) it all comes down to the rulebook. Do I need it or not?
Leadhead

Offline Condottiere

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #10609 on: November 12, 2019, 03:37:22 AM »
At first I thought the Citadel Painting Handle 5 pack at $40 was good value, but then I remembered paying $8/handle over a year ago and now these are $10 each!

Offline AWu

• Mastermind
    • War is the H-word
« Reply #10610 on: November 12, 2019, 09:07:40 PM »
it all comes down to the rulebook. Do I need it or not?

I dont think that you need it if you have hardback.

Offline Duncan McDane

• Mastermind
« Reply #10611 on: November 12, 2019, 11:07:05 PM »
OK, thanks. Then I'm probably better off buying a box of those Flesh Cultist and maybe a few pieces of terrain...

Offline mcfonz

• Mastermind
    • Poison Spurs - blog and reviews
« Reply #10612 on: November 12, 2019, 11:46:05 PM »
OK, thanks. Then I'm probably better off buying a box of those Flesh Cultist and maybe a few pieces of terrain...

In all honesty, if you are willing to put in the effort, I would go look at what the various MDF cutters have on offer that is comparable terrain wise. TTCombat do a few options and it'll fill your table at a better rate for less than the GW stuff.
RP Tabletop Blog:

RP vlog channel: https://www.youtube.com/@RandomPlatypus

Offline Condottiere

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #10613 on: November 13, 2019, 01:04:28 AM »
Not quite sure if the rulebook from the new Necromunda starter set is a revised edition of the first one or just about the same with some edited mistakes. Got both the original and hardbacks but as the price from this new set is a bit more than I'm willing to pay ( only want the cultists and probably the terrain ) it all comes down to the rulebook. Do I need it or not?
It's revised AFAIK, but not complete, just like the Underhive book, and more than likely will be out of date in a year or two! According to the fine folks at YalTribe, you'll need the rulebook in the box to play the campaign, as it's not in the Book of Ruin.

Offline Condottiere

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #10614 on: November 13, 2019, 01:08:16 AM »
This been covered yet?

At least were being treated to another Age of $igmar model, though I don't expect her to go for less than $30...

https://yaktribe.games/community/threads/new-models-incoming.8526/page-97#post-212281

Offline Condottiere

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #10615 on: November 13, 2019, 01:14:47 AM »
Is it supposed to be a launcher of some sort?  I thought it was shotgun shells used to "fire" the ram?  Maybe they painted the barrel there by accident :D

Necromunday: Your Move, Creep! Initial Impressions of the Palanite Enforcers

SLHG Pattern Assault Ram “Sledge Hammer” – This is a high-strength, versatile melee weapon with a built-in grenade launcher with frag and choke grenades. It’s a weird one, reader. Grenade launchers want to be far from their targets, but this is a melee weapon with an attached GL. It doesn’t make a ton of sense. It could, however, be deadly in the hands of a later-campaign champion or leader.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 02:00:18 AM by Condottiere »

Offline Gibby

• Scatterbrained Genius

Offline Jagannath

• Mastermind
    • Blades and Blasters
« Reply #10617 on: November 15, 2019, 03:27:36 PM »
Ahahaha that's funny!

I wonder if it'll be warmaster type game though.

Offline Cubs

• Galactic Brain
  • "I simply cannot survive without beauty ..."
'Sir John ejaculated explosively, sitting up in his chair.' ... 'The Black Gang'.

Paul Cubbin Miniature Painter

Offline 3 fingers

• Mastermind
« Reply #10619 on: November 15, 2019, 03:50:20 PM »
My head hurts it ,So they blew up the old world now in a couple of years they may bring it back ??, The cynic in me thinks that they may bring in fewer models at a greater price??