Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 02:43:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690462
  • Total Topics: 118332
  • Online Today: 732
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Wargames Factory "Apocalypse Survivors: The Women" boxed set  (Read 14334 times)

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
Wargames Factory "Apocalypse Survivors: The Women" boxed set
« on: August 16, 2013, 09:59:43 AM »
Just saw in a blog post that the female survivors are out.

Haven't had a good look at the pictures yet, but details here

Offline Marauderman

• Librarian
Re: Wargames Factory "Apocalypse Survivors: The Women" boxed set
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 10:55:10 AM »
Thanks zemjw.

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 11:45:03 AM »
Too bad the sale ends the 18th (If I read that correctly) because I just put inan order with Rebel Minis and can't fit both in.

Guess I will wait to read any reviews on LAF between now and payday in two weeks to see if I shoud order male and female survivors.

Gracias,

Glenn
Viva Alta California!  Las guerras de España,  Las guerras de las Américas,  Las guerras para la Libertad!

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2013, 04:39:54 PM »
Just had a closer look at these (my boss isn't looking over my shoulder ;)) and it looks like they may suffer from a lot of the problems of their other sprues. In particular, loads of arms, but limited by the fact that figures won't match with all arms, which reduces the number of possibilities. The bodies are also full bodies, rather than separate legs and torso, again limiting possibilities.

There is a nice compound bow, but it has arms attached (much like their crossbow in the men's set). There's a weapons sprue, but again, not as much variety as I would have liked.

I'll probably end up buying them (okay, I will end up buying them  ;D), but seems a missed opportunity (again) :-[

Offline rwwin

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2013, 06:00:38 PM »
While the above is all probably true, the set is still cheap enough that even if you only build one frame of the figures (10) they are still pretty affordable and you have plenty of useful parts left over.

Comparing the picture of the woman's weapon sprue against the men's weapon sprue it's nice to see some variation on the weapons with the new RPGs, pistols, smgs shotguns, but there are still way too many assault rifles (9xM16, 11xAK and 4xSA80s) for my liking.

Here's a great idea for WGF, make a a third sprue with improvised and regular melee weapons and then pack all three weapons sprues in the same box.  I'd shell out for that.

Offline Dr. Zombie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2013, 06:09:39 PM »
Maybe it is just the paint job but the bare arms look very muscular as in Catachan jungle fighter muscular.

Otherwise a nice looking set.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 06:18:35 PM by Dr. Zombie »

Offline A_Train

• Scientist
    • My Blog
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2013, 06:16:21 PM »
I wasn't thrilled with the male set, but I'll probably get this one eventually too.  They're pretty cheap, even if you don't enjoy them all.
I wonder if the fat lady can work with anything but the RPG.   She's a unique sculpt.

Offline Cosmotiger

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2013, 08:31:12 PM »
While the above is all probably true, the set is still cheap enough that even if you only build one frame of the figures (10) they are still pretty affordable and you have plenty of useful parts left over.
I'm seriously thinking about doing just that, and using the second set of arms and heads for conversions with other figures.  I have some sprues of the em4 Combat Zone gangers rattling around that desperately need replacement arms and heads.

Offline Machinegunkelly

• Scientist
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2013, 06:18:11 AM »
It doesn´t seem like you can build a female police. Too bad since that would have worked well with the male police. :(

Offline CptJake

• Mastermind
  • Hooah!
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2013, 05:53:42 PM »
For what it is worth, I ordered a box of these.   I'm willing to sell off or trade one of the body sprues and nay be willing to give up some of the items off the weapons sprue once they arrive.   I'll post on the 'for sale' board when they get here.

Jake
Every time a bad person dies, a Paratrooper gets his wings.

Offline Rovanite

• Librarian
    • Grekwood Miniatures
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2013, 10:17:35 AM »
We now sell these on our website for anyone in the UK/Europe.

http://www.grekwoodminiatures.co.uk/Survivors.php
www.grekwoodminiatures.co.uk
rovanite.blogspot.co.uk
On Facebook too!

Offline shadowking1957

• Mastermind
    • Shadowkings
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2013, 11:07:34 AM »
Sent a mail are they  to order or in the store now?

Offline Rovanite

• Librarian
    • Grekwood Miniatures
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2013, 11:24:51 AM »
They are available in store now :)

Just to let people know, the postage on the website is for the UK only. Outside of the UK need to contact us for a postage estimate which is usually not that much more.

I looked over the figures, and they look pretty cool, I look forward to fixing some up for our displays :)

Offline rwwin

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2013, 04:09:38 PM »
I just got mine directly from WGF last night.  As suspected the arms can be swapped between figures, but in a limited way. 

Like the male set there is one set of "intended" arms for each figure on the body sprue and an alternate set of arms on the weapon sprue, so you can at least get 20 different figures.  After that you'll have to mix and match with the remaining arms and see what works.  On the downside, they removed the numbers from the arms, so it's just letters.  That means that for body "A" all four arms are labled with "A" as well but no numbers.

I am still playing around, but it looks like the women and men arms are similar enough that you could swap between sets without them looking too goofy.

Height wise they look to be similar to the men, meaning they are shorter than the zombie vixens.  I guess only tall galls turn into zombies.   ;)

I hope to have the first set together for a write up next week or so.

Offline CptJake

• Mastermind
  • Hooah!
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2013, 09:30:34 PM »
My set was delivered today.   I now have an extra sprue of the figs (I'm going to keep 2 of the 3) if someone is interested.