Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 07:36:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689775
  • Total Topics: 118294
  • Online Today: 798
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: "Legends of" Darkest Africa?  (Read 3649 times)

Offline meanderthal

• Bookworm
"Legends of" Darkest Africa?
« on: May 13, 2008, 12:03:22 PM »
Some of us in my local gaming group are beginning a project to develop a sort of "revolving" set of games based upon GW's "Legends of" rules (only because almost everyone here is familiar with the GW rules systems already).  We would like to play not only Old West and Pirates, but adapt the rules to other periods/genres also.  I would like to play Darkest Africa.  Does anyone know of any sets of stat lines for characters already worked out, somewhere in cyber-land?  Or do I have to do the work myself?  I am familiar with Tanzanica, by the way, which is as close as I've some so far.

As a side note, I am also looking for stat lines for various animals for the system.

All help and derision will be accepted with equal grace!   ;)
Winners never quit, and quitters never win...but if you never win, and never quit, you may just be an idiot!

Offline Driscoles

• The Dude
  • Galactic Brain
Re: "Legends of" Darkest Africa?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 12:22:34 PM »
Hi,

this guy uses Mordheim rules.

http://www.tanzanica.com/

Same thing.

He has stat lines.
Björn

, ,

Offline NurgleHH

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spacelord
    • Victory Decision Vietnam
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 01:38:14 PM »
Maybe you find something here:
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/LOTRvariants/?yguid=3938989

here are several Variants of LoTR, the mother of all Legends games...
Victory Decision Vietnam here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=43264.0

Victory Decision Spacelords here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=68939.0

My pictures: http://pictures.dirknet.de/

Offline meanderthal

• Bookworm
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 03:00:52 AM »
Driscoles, thanks!  I have seen the Tanzanica site, and I do think it will provide a good starting place for LOTOW Africa.

NurgleHH, thank you for posting the Yahoo site.  That one was new to me, and I plan to investigate it further.

My group, which is still in the formative stages, is interested in using the GW system for several different periods and genres, including but not limited to: French & Indian War (a la "Last of the Mohicans"), Scottish border reivers, the condottieri period in Italy, and also for general adventure gaming in the vein of "Indiana Jones" and "The Mummy (1999)".  It seems like other groups have followed the same path!

Offline Aaron

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2008, 01:13:20 PM »
Our group wrote up some lists and addendum for F&I gaming using the rules. We played them a few times and they seem to work well enough. I think they are still in the files of the Yahoo group, but I'm happy to email them to you also.

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2008, 01:20:26 PM »
I am playing around with some for Dino hunting etc havent looked at them for a month now. I am basing them on LOTHS.

I also have a set worked on for Cave Wars which I have converted to LOTOW which work OK. I will put them in the downloads when I get a chance.

Offline oxiana

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2008, 11:46:52 AM »
Lowtardog's LOTOW amended rules for prehistoric games are really good. The rules for anials are nicely thought out, lots of nice bits and bobs about hunting - animals spotting hunters, being caught downwind, reactions to being wounded etc. Pretty simple, but give nice game play. The rules have stats for mammoths, rhinos, sabre-toothed cats, wolves, bison, hyenas etc - all of which should be quickly adaptable for African settings.

Offline meanderthal

• Bookworm
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2008, 11:52:08 AM »
I am playing around with some for Dino hunting etc havent looked at them for a month now. I am basing them on LOTHS.

I also have a set worked on for Cave Wars which I have converted to LOTOW which work OK. I will put them in the downloads when I get a chance.

Those sound like just the sort of thing I am looking for!  Let us know when they are available for download!  Thanks!