Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:53:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690626
  • Total Topics: 118340
  • Online Today: 866
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Pulp Alley - Perilous Island Campaign, Chapter 2 - THE FINAL FLIGHT!  (Read 8880 times)

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
This is scenario #2 from the Perilous Island expansion for our Pulp Alley game… THE FINAL FLIGHT!

Some of the pics are a bit blurry, but there were so many games going on this weekend that it was hard to keep up with snapping pictures.

Following your only lead to Athens, you are forced to make an unplanned stop in Casablanca. Increasing rebel attacks have thrown the city into chaos, severely limiting the options to get back out of the city. Racing to the airport, you find it packed with those trying to flee the city.

The enormous crowd appears to be on the brink of a riot while soldiers struggle to maintain order. Will Elaine make her flight? Will it be sabotaged? With vigilant French soldiers present, open fighting is sure to be even more dangerous…

Flight 113 (Major Plot Point) — This Trimotor plane is the last flight out of Casablanca before a full military lockdown of the entire region. Will your league escape on the plane or ensure that it never reaches its destination? This plot point may not be attempted until other points are completed –

> One league must collect their Tickets, join up with Lady Elaine, and then board the plane. Sounds easy!

> The opposing league must collect the hidden Package, meet the Mechanic, and go to the plan. Simple! 

The Tickets (Plot Point) — The first step to escaping on Flight 113, you must obtain tickets by intimidation, bribery, or theft. Working through the desperate throng can be as dangerous as any jungle.

The Package (Plot Point) — An anonymous tip leads you to a small package hidden amongst the cargo crates and baggage. An attached note provides further instructions.

The scenario starts with the leagues deploying in opposite corners. Each league moves towards their initial objectives…

Pulp Girl leads her colleagues towards the ticket clerk, working through the crowd…

Badonka leads her band towards a pile of crates to search for the hidden package…

Chaos surrounds the ticket desk, and Pulp Girl’s crew fail to convince the clerk to hurry them through…

On the other side of the table, Badonka has no trouble uncovering the hidden package and reading the coded message. Badonka spots the “mechanic” and signals her crew to move…

Tuppy wanders away from Pulp Girl, to look for adventure on his own…

Pulp Girl’s colleagues continue to be frustrated by the clerk and draw the attention of nearby legionnaires. Mike matches the description of a local criminal and is taken away for additional questioning (KO’d by a peril)…

As Tuppy wanders around the plane he spots some unsavory types engaged in some unsavory activities, and he jogs in to investigate…

Badonka approaches the mechanic and makes the secret signal. The mechanic nods knowingly and casts a shifty glance towards the plane. “You bring the package?” he whispers…

[/URL]

Back at the ticket table, Pulp Girl is ‘Distracted’ by the sight of more legionnaires closing in. Pulp Girl attempts to calm things down, but Mak’s hot temper gets the better of him. Mak draws his pistol and begins waving it threateningly at the ticket clerk…

Badonka and her crew walk casually towards the plane, but Tuppy senses that they’re up to no-good!

Tuppy runs to some nearby legionnaires to inform them of his suspicions “Bark!”…

Badonka wastes no time reaching the plane, and goes about her nefarious work of sabotage…

[/URL]

Meanwhile, back at the ticket desk, Pulp Girl has another problem. She’s been talking to the wrong clerk! “No, no, mademoiselle. The Ticket Clerk is over there – beside the baggage…” (Mila finally completed the plot point but then drew the Red Herring card!)…

[/URL]

One of Badonka’s henchmen, distract the legionnaires and draw them away from the plane. This buys Badonka just enough time to finish sabotaging the aircraft. “This plane won’t be going anywhere, at least not today.”

This scenario ends when the plane is sabotaged, and Badonka made it just in time.

So many folks tell us how much they enjoy this scenario, mainly because it is quite challenging to complete in the time allowed. Also because it is very different and can be played in so many different ways.

One thing that makes this scenario so different is how much a league’s non-combat skills and abilities are used. And fighting may not be the best option when you have a dozen legionnaires ready to put a stop to such behavior.

Badonka’s superior Cunning and Finesse served her well dealing with the Secret Agent and finding/identifying clues. Pulp Girl, on the other hand, is the cat’s nightwear when it comes to fighting, but her league struggled when faced with challenges that they could not brawl/shoot.

This week we wrapped up Scenario #2 and #3 for the Perilous Island campaign. I’m hoping I can get Mila to write up the AAR for scenario #3 in Athens…

Chapter 3 -- AT DEATH’S DOOR!
Coming soon to a forum near you…

THANKS!

Offline jet

• Mad Scientist
    • Geektactica
Re: Pulp Alley - Perilous Island Campaign, Chapter 2 - THE FINAL FLIGHT!
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 03:07:23 AM »
Absolutely epic! I really enjoyed the less confrontational style game. Generally speaking, I like the idea of non-combative character types having something to contribute.

As an aside, now that the Summer has come to an end, we have started playing and painting again. I just finished painting the Frost Expedition tonight. Sadly, I can't find the camera anywhere. I've also primed an old Heroquest Yeti (to use as a Terror) and I'm sketching up some plans for buildings to use in an Arctic base camp. Anyway, to bring it back around, I'm really feeding off of the inspiration so please keep the batreps coming.

Prof. Dinglebat. Phd.

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 03:21:26 AM »
"but Mak’s hot temper gets the better of him. Mak draws his pistol and begins waving it threateningly at the ticket clerk…

That's going to help things along immensely in a dump like that........NOT.  lol

Always entertaining.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 08:02:35 AM by Prof. Dinglebat. Phd. »

Offline Amalric

• Mastermind
  • I have a bad feeling about this...
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2013, 03:53:50 AM »
Another fantastic AAR.
I am really looking forward to Chapter 3.

I really am going to have to Shainghai some folks and play Pulp Alley soon.

Offline aggro84

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Noble Pursuits
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2013, 06:09:04 AM »
Really cool stuff!
I always get real excited when I see you have posted a new ARR.
You never disappoint!
 :-*

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2013, 12:30:00 PM »
Beautiful AAR - where's the plane from?
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen

Offline Braz

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2013, 12:40:47 PM »
Great AAR. Always a fun and inspiring read.
Maybe Pulp Girl should hire a fixer for her league. Will there be a change in the line-up? However will they get to Athens? How does Mike fare at the hands of the Legion? Can't wait for the next installment.

Thanks for sharing.

Prof. Dinglebat. Phd.

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2013, 01:54:59 PM »

I got mine from EBay but shop around as you can get them at various prices and paint jobs.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 12:18:49 AM by Prof. Dinglebat. Phd. »

Offline BlackSmoke

• Librarian
    • The Colour of War
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2013, 01:56:27 PM »
Fantastic AAR! This is really setting the bar quite high! I particularly liked the wee additions like the movement arrows and exclamation marks. Oh, and your terrain is just sumptuous!

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2013, 02:57:53 PM »
Thanks professor!

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2013, 09:03:34 PM »
Absolutely epic! I really enjoyed the less confrontational style game. Generally speaking, I like the idea of non-combative character types having something to contribute.

As an aside, now that the Summer has come to an end, we have started playing and painting again. I just finished painting the Frost Expedition tonight. Sadly, I can't find the camera anywhere. I've also primed an old Heroquest Yeti (to use as a Terror) and I'm sketching up some plans for buildings to use in an Arctic base camp. Anyway, to bring it back around, I'm really feeding off of the inspiration so please keep the batreps coming.

Excellent! I'm excited to see more about the Frost Expedition and your new Artic terrain.

Prof. Dinglebat. Phd.

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2013, 12:09:56 AM »
Thanks professor!

The cheapest one I found is this one on EBAY. Search: Liberty Classics Die Cast Ford Tri Motor Hemmings Motors News Airplane Bank
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 12:28:49 AM by Prof. Dinglebat. Phd. »

Offline Wolf Girl

• Mastermind
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2013, 02:29:41 AM »

That's a Revell 1/72 scale Ford Trimotor model that Dad put together last week. It was about $10.

Mila Phipps, Pulp Girl
mila@pulpalley.com

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2013, 03:57:37 AM »
Ahahaha! I see you finally acquired a trimotor! Perfect!  :D :D :D

Is a DC-3 in the works as well? Then you'd have the perfect pair of pulp passenger aircraft.

Though to be honest, I admit I can't think of a scenario where you actually need two passenger planes. Hmmmm... ideas!

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Prof. Dinglebat. Phd.

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2013, 04:03:00 AM »
That's a Revell 1/72 scale Ford Trimotor model that Dad put together last week. It was about $10.

Wow, that's interesting because I thought that 28mm scale when converted equaled 1\48th, yet your aircraft doesn't look out of scale at all which made me think that it was 1\48th. :?  When I went looking to get one myself I discounted the 1\72 scale available because I thought they would be too small compared to the minis.  ;D