Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:50:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Pulp Alley - Perilous Island, Chapter 3 - AT DEATH'S DOOR  (Read 4615 times)

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
Pulp Alley - Perilous Island, Chapter 3 - AT DEATH'S DOOR
« on: September 11, 2013, 07:51:16 AM »
After arriving in Athens, Pulp Girl finds Lord Darrow’s fellow explorer, E.J. Demas’ tortured and unconscious body inside his ransacked apartment. Any clues here would have been taken by Demas’ vicious attackers. Unexpectedly, a messenger arrives from the Greek Customs Authority regarding a package from Soerabaja — addressed from none other than Lord Darrow!
 Customs is unwilling to relinquish the package, leaving Pulp Girl with little choice but to take matters into her own hands. Learning the package has been moved to a long term storage facility, she formulates a plan for a daring night raid on a government controlled compound. She must recover the mysterious package from Soerabaja, the only lead remaining to Lord Darrow's location...

This is scenario #3 from the Pulp Alley - Perilous Island book. We didn't get very many pictures, but I think this is still worth sharing.

We decided to set it up as a compound rather than a warehouse because it makes more sense with the terrain we have at hand…

Darrow’s Box (Major Plot Point) – A small non-descript brown box, its contents are completely unknown. The last known communication from Lord Donovan Darrow, it may hold the key to his location. The box is stored among hundreds of very similar packages and is impossible to locate without aid.

Within the shadowy compound, Pulp Girl locates the customs official. “You’re late. You got the money?” he whispers nervously.
“You get paid when I have the package.” Pulp Girl’s tone is firm and she slides her Mauser from its holster.
“Yes, yes, just like we agreed. I know where it is, but beware, we are not alone.” the sound of his voice suggested that he was already regretting the agreement.
Mak, Bowler, and Tuppy fanned out ahead of Pulp Girl to scout for trouble in the moonlit compound…

Pulp Girl heard the sounds of fighting coming from the other side of the compound. “The Hook’s men must be after Darrow’s package. Move it, we got to get it first!”
The Hook is scanning the log book when the wood next to him is suddenly splintered by bullets…

The customs official leads Pulp Girl towards a pile of crates, “Here. It’s somewhere around here. Somewhere… I think?”
Pulp Girl orders Mike, “Get that truck turned around, we need more light.” Mike leaps into action and Tuppy starts sniffing around the crates…

Meanwhile, in a darkened corner of the compound two lovely ladies approach a lone guard. He smiles broadly, “Must be my lucky day!”…

Badonka’s crew engages in a firefight with The Hook’s men, but in the darkness, few bullets find their target…

“Looking for something?” Bane’s thick accent is unmistakable. Pulp Girl whirls around and they stare at each other for a moment, pistols in hand and ready to fire…

Just then, the lights of the truck turn on. Pulp Girl is temporarily blinded but she instinctively squeezes off three rounds from her Red 9. The first 9mm slug creased Banes right shoulder as he leapt away, and the other two hit the truck, knocking out the left headlamp.
Startled by the sound of the truck and the bright light, Bane leapt backwards, but not quick enough to avoid one of Pulp Girl’s bullets…

With Pulp Girl and Bane exchanging hot lead, The Hook has time to track down and escape with Darrow’s box…

The Hook has the box and only he knows its contents, but Pulp Girl knows where he is heading – Dutch Indonesia…

Secrets will be revealed in the next chapter —
Soerobaja Manhunt!

THANKS
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 07:57:57 AM by d phipps »

Offline Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
Re: Pulp Alley - Perilous Island, Chapter 3 - AT DEATH'S DOOR
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 10:44:29 AM »
Brilliant, reads like the best of Pulp novels!  :-*

Offline Traveler Man

• Mastermind
    • The Hetzenberg Chronicles
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 04:35:51 PM »
Smashing stuff!  :-* Looking forward to the next installment.  :)
"It's amusing, it's amazing, and it's never twice the same: It's the salt of true adventure, and the glamour of the game."

Talbot Mundy, The Ivory Trail.

http://ajstable.blogspot.com
http://hetzenberg.blogspot.com

Offline Amalric

• Mastermind
  • I have a bad feeling about this...
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 09:48:20 PM »
Another great looking fun game.
Thanks for posting the AAR.

Do you elevate the board above the table top?
it looks raised in the pics.

Offline jet

• Mad Scientist
    • Geektactica
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2013, 02:07:11 AM »
Finally! I've been waiting for the next instalment. Do you know what my terrain collection is really lacking? Crates. Where to get a bunch without spending a fortune.

Anyway, keep it coming. I can't wait for "Lagoon of Terror."

Offline Wolf Girl

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2013, 01:35:53 AM »
Another great looking fun game.
Thanks for posting the AAR.

Do you elevate the board above the table top?
it looks raised in the pics.

The actual gaming table is a 3x3 square. It sits up about 6" above the table. It gives us more room to store stuff under the board and the raised platform feels more comfortable for gaming.

Finally! I've been waiting for the next instalment. Do you know what my terrain collection is really lacking? Crates. Where to get a bunch without spending a fortune.

Lagoon of Terror is right around the corner. Everyone's excited to play it next time. :)

I told Dad that he couldn't get anymore crates because I thought we had too many. Playing this scenario, I thought we might actually need more. He's going to try and cast his own using silicone rtv and Merlin's Magic.

Mila Phipps, Pulp Girl
mila@pulpalley.com

Offline joroas

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2013, 06:46:58 AM »
Another wonderful AAR.  :D
'So do all who see such times. But that is not for us to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that we are given.'

Offline Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2013, 11:56:47 AM »

I've made some reasonable crates from air-drying modelling clay. Just cut a square or a rectangle, scribe a few lines and when it's dry just add a few bits of coffee-stirrer, very cheap and easy. Excuse the dirty finger-nails, I've been gardening as well as modelling!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 12:02:37 PM by Mad Lord Snapcase »

Offline mikedemana

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Investigating curiosities around the globe...
    • Worldwidemike
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2013, 02:19:51 PM »
Clever tip! We should start a thread, "things to do with air drying clay"....

Great AAR....love the installment style!

Mike Demana

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2013, 06:27:45 AM »
Clever tip! We should start a thread, "things to do with air drying clay"....

Indeed! Thanks for sharing the idea, MLS.

Offline Ignatieff

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2013, 09:22:24 AM »
Great stuff!  Where did you get your Tiger from by the way?

S
"...and as always, we are dealing with strange forces far beyond our comprehension...."

All limitations are self imposed.  Work hard and dream big.

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2013, 12:06:45 AM »
Great stuff!  Where did you get your Tiger from by the way?

S

The tiger is made by Reaper. She was in a pack called 'Lions'.  ;)