Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:49:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: New Zulu War Figures  (Read 21968 times)

Offline twrchtrwyth

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Don't join dangerous cults: practice safe sects.
    • Deeside Defenders
Re: New Zulu War Figures
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2008, 01:39:20 AM »
Nicely done. 8)
He that trades Liberty for Security will soon find that he has neither.

Benjamin Franklin

Offline knoxville

• Mr. Happiness
  • Mad Scientist
    • ЯEAKTOR.MINIATURES
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2008, 08:29:43 AM »
 :o :o :-* :-*

How do they compare with Perrys?
I was there the day that Horus fell.
ЯEAKTOR.MINIATURES

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2008, 08:54:34 AM »
can't believe it, a new Africa range! sculpted by one of my favourit sculptors and painted by one of my favourit painters, fantastic job guys, very well done  :-*

Offline Mad Doc Morris

• Mastermind
  • Olympus speaketh?
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2008, 10:28:15 AM »
 :o Must... resist... doing... another... stunning-period-with-lovely-figs... ARGH!
Besides, excellent painting! :)

Offline Darkoath

• Mastermind
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2008, 09:43:02 PM »
Excellent new figures and beautifully painted! :)

Any idea of a release date Keith?

Offline Admiral Benbow

• The Queen's Own Gizmologist
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • "Creativity is a drug I cannot live without."
    • The Benbow Workshop
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2008, 02:36:53 PM »
Great miniatures, GRAND painting!  :-* :-* :-*

Looking forward to your first finished regiment ...  lol

Great red, would you share the colours used?

Thanks,

Offline Paul E

• Bookworm
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2008, 08:50:46 AM »
Excellent new figures and beautifully painted! :)

Any idea of a release date Keith?

I believe that the figures will be available in early June.

Offline Gallowglass

• Scientist
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2008, 01:42:32 PM »
I believe that the figures will be available in early June.

Okay, it's early June now..... :D

Any word on a release date, folks?
Note: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Offline Keith

• Mastermind
    • Small Wars Blog
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2008, 10:33:16 AM »
Hi There  :)

As I understand it the doors should be opening in a week or so ... something certainly seems to be keeping them busy  :D
I've just seen the Zulu greens by the way and I'm sure that no-one will mind if I say that they are looking rather wonderful.
An infrequent Blog http://small-wars.com

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2008, 11:00:01 AM »

As I understand it the doors should be opening in a week or so ... something certainly seems to be keeping them busy  :D
I've just seen the Zulu greens by the way and I'm sure that no-one will mind if I say that they are looking rather wonderful.

I certainly don't , but I think my wallet does  lol

Offline Gallowglass

• Scientist
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2008, 11:03:58 AM »

Good stuff!

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2008, 12:49:58 AM »
Hi Guys,

I copied and paste here "About Us" story from the Empress Miniatures Website which is really lovely to read!

Welcome prospective customer.

We are a couple of what is probably best described as, long term wargaming widows. Both our husbands seem to have had their lives largely dominated by a fascination for little toy soldiers for more years than we can both care to remember. After years of moaning about such things as metal filings on the floor, paint marks on the dining room table, and asking what we now know to be the stupid question “What do you mean you just had to have the book – figures – vehicle – scenery – other” – (please insert as appropriate.) We realised that enough was enough.

With the old saying “If you can’t beat them, join them” ringing in our ears we found ourselves also indulging in this exciting past time by collecting and painting figures such as Samurai. Of course bringing up children, running a household, as well as holding down jobs does tend to fill ones day. However like all women we are born with the ability to multi task and so as one thing led to another, and spurred on by our husbands, we decided to put something back into the hobby by producing our own ranges of figures.

The result is Empress Miniatures.

Our first range will be the 1879 Zulu Wars and our aim is to cover the war in immense detail. The range will start with British redcoats, quickly followed by Zulus, then back to more redcoats so on and so forth. Ultimately the range will include both regular and irregular infantry and cavalry, as well as artillery, wagons, personality figures, etc, and we are even looking at possibly producing a range of terrain pieces. Of course with what is becoming a crowded market we see quality as the most important pre requisite of our range. It is with this very much in mind that we approached Paul Hicks to sculpt the figures for us. Paul has very quickly become one of the industries most celebrated sculptors and we are thrilled for the opportunity to work with him. Hopefully you, the customer, will appreciate the results.

This is the very beginning of what we hope will be a very successful company and one that goes on to produce a number of ranges that you, the customer enjoy. In the meantime we welcome you to Empress Miniatures and hope that you find any retail therapy that you may indulge in whilst visiting to be both a satisfying and pleasurable experience.

Yours Faithfully,

The Empress’s
Best wishes,
Helen
Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well (V van Gogh)

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2008, 05:41:21 AM »
Great! I cant wait for them to open shop
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2008, 09:13:42 AM »
Well, they are making all the right noises and with Paul as sculptor, I'm really exited about this new range.

I've only ever used my Zulus in Darkest Africa games rather than historical Zulu War, so it will certainly make a nice change to paint some British in red coats.  One of the attractions of this war is the number of irregular units raised, so their intention to model all these is very welcome. Also very usefiul in fictional Darkest Africa, of course :D

I'm hoping they will also make some African cattle, as I've just realised I don't have any  :(

Offline Poliorketes

• King of the Congo
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Never look back
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2008, 09:24:56 AM »
Paul Hicks seems to be the most productive sculptor these days apart from the Perrys. When does that man sleep or eat? :o
If you come for the king, you better not miss (Omar)