Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 03:46:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Heroquest returns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 95817 times)

Offline Duncan McDane

• Mastermind
Re: Heroquest returns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #435 on: September 27, 2016, 12:00:21 AM »
I have no idea how they think they can solve their problems and still deliver everything to their backers. It's now about 2 years later and the - already paid for by bakcers - shipping costs haven't gotten any cheaper. Au contraire...  :?
If they have some finished product they can start selling it at the Madrid show in order to get some hard-needed cash, but they won't make many friends in the gaming world with such an action.
Mind you, I'd buy a copy  ;).
Leadhead

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #436 on: September 27, 2016, 12:11:13 AM »
Wouldn't bother me. I don't think I'll ever get this but if that helps them I'm all for it.
And something tells me they're going to hire some new guys who know nothing and throw them under the bus..."Hey, welcome to the team, have fun! (slap on the back)".
Probably write about that. Poor guys.

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #437 on: December 02, 2016, 08:21:31 PM »
Well I won't believe it until I actually have it in my hands, opened up and physically touched each and every miniature and board in the box but I just got a rather strange email from Gamezone showing Preorder Heroquest titled "Marzo 2017" (March 2017).
No other text at all. So maybe it means March 2017, the date that we will string you along for a bit longer  lol Can't see this arriving then.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #438 on: December 02, 2016, 09:52:34 PM »
Yep...the most optimistic side of me expects a single boxed game (and probably never receive the huge wave of additional stuff).  That's about the best I'm hoping for.  The pessimist in me expects to receive nothing, or have them ask for another $50 in shipping etc.

I'd love to be wrong...
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline Suber

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #439 on: December 03, 2016, 03:36:07 PM »
Some pics from the Madrid Expocomic show, taken this morning. Not mine, didn't get the chance to attend, I'm taking the pics from the Spanish La Armada forum.

General impression is that both minis and scenery look promising, but it's difficult to judge the actual quality of the elements due to the (disappointing) paintjob on them. Besides, everyone looks sceptic, to say the less, about the game being delivered to the backers next March, even if it was just the basic core game. If you look above, character sheets still need some work (even some spelling error has been spotted) and the board is just the layout printed and glued to a foamcore sheet.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #440 on: December 03, 2016, 06:31:31 PM »
Yeah...colour me less than impressed.  The artwork on the cards etc. looks completely dreadful.  I just hope I get something, somehow...at some point.  lol

Offline nic-e

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mystarikum
« Reply #441 on: December 05, 2016, 04:26:37 AM »
wow that looks...bad.
The miniatures are hard to distinguish (could be the bad painting.) and the artwork is al over the place! Cluttered ,minimalist, heroic, comical...? Pick a style and run with it.
never trust a horse, they make a commitment to shoes that no animal should make.

http://mystarikum.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #442 on: December 05, 2016, 04:58:42 AM »
Yep, not impressed with the art. Cards are too cartoony (but not cartoony like the miniatures). Paintjobs are average. Surely they could have sprung for a propainter to showcase the minis... maybe there isn't enough cash.

Offline Psychoflexible

• Scientist
« Reply #443 on: December 05, 2016, 09:29:46 AM »
Yep, not impressed with the art. Cards are too cartoony (but not cartoony like the miniatures). Paintjobs are average. Surely they could have sprung for a propainter to showcase the minis... maybe there isn't enough cash.

Maybe ther isn't enough professionalism...

Offline JollyBob

• Galactic Brain
  • I've only had a few ales...
« Reply #444 on: December 05, 2016, 10:53:58 AM »
I suppose, to be devil's advocate, the game on display on the show could be one they are using as a mock up for publicity, and not even close to the finished article. Would explain the distinctly sub-par artwork on the cards, anyway.

I agree the scenery and figures look like there is some nice stuff under the rotten painting (despite some very Warcraft looking bits), but it not something I'd be happy to trot out as a promotional piece in this state.  :?

Offline Duncan McDane

• Mastermind
« Reply #445 on: December 05, 2016, 11:03:33 AM »
I like the look of the "hardware", the models and the scenery. Would buy the game for that already. Like the design of the gameboard, a bit boring but ok...The drawings on the cards looks like they promised some art college kids a 50 euro voucher in order to draw up a few illustrations. Below par. But if someone would offer me their pledge I still won't say no!  ;)

Offline Andym

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #446 on: December 05, 2016, 02:55:27 PM »
Apart from the miniatures, that looks like something I could produce on my printer in the house! :o The cards look like 2 pieces of paper stuck back to back! The board looks like print paper glued to a sheet of foamboard bought from Hobbycraft! The figures, could they not have painted them better? That's a night work doing them the way they've painted them! :o

Again....shocked!

Offline The Voivod

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #447 on: December 05, 2016, 04:20:26 PM »
Apart from the miniatures, that looks like something I could produce on my printer in the house! Shocked The cards look like 2 pieces of paper stuck back to back! The board looks like print paper glued to a sheet of foamboard bought from Hobbycraft!

I think that's what it is. Don't think this is production quality. Just samples.
Surely the finished product will be better....

I understand they might not have the money for a top notch painter, but I do agree on the paintjob: This is no way to present your models to the public.
I'm sure there are plenty of boardgamers that would be happy with a simple paintjob but gameszone always had really nice sculpts.
In this presentation it's very hard to see if they are of the expected quality and that might very well just be because of the PJ.

I'm very happy I didn't back this. I was seriously tempted, but it was just one red flag after another popping up.

I hope those who did will soon have their patience rewarded though.
'Mercy? I am far to brave to grant you mercy.'

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #448 on: December 05, 2016, 09:25:20 PM »
You can get cards professionally printed for about 10 pounds (maybe 20 depending on the amount you need). Plenty of places allow that. Printer studio comes to mind. Some places also produce boardgames printed onto boards on demand. Granted that would be substantially more than the cards but if you are wanting to show quality product then you should look into this stuff especially if you are showing it at shows. You're not looking at a huge investment for this and it would likely sell a few more pre-orders.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #449 on: December 06, 2016, 02:00:58 AM »
Yeah, after three+ years of delays...there is zero excuse for not having more of the components in production quality (if the guy doesn't have samples how is he guessing it'll be delivering in three months!?).  If you're supposedly three months out from trying to ship you should be dealing with logistics right now, not design/prototypes.