Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 03:31:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690523
  • Total Topics: 118335
  • Online Today: 732
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Heroquest returns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 95846 times)

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
Re: Heroquest returns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #90 on: November 23, 2013, 11:47:14 PM »

and no earlybird so I won't be disappointed when I wake up tomorrow morning! Phew
I think I jinxed things saying this.  ;)

Offline Hubbynz

• Scientist
    • Halfling House
« Reply #91 on: November 23, 2013, 11:50:14 PM »
Why no halfling character????

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #92 on: November 24, 2013, 12:25:43 AM »
They are due to have 15 extra characters, you mighty get lucky there hubbynz. I hope there is a halfling too.

Offline Braxandur

• Mastermind
« Reply #93 on: November 25, 2013, 09:54:23 PM »
The kickstarter is online :)

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2113976860/heroquest-25th-anniversary?ref=live

Not sure why it is in Canadedian dollars though...  o_o
A bit more information and better pictures of the models/artwork also would not be amiss...  ::)
Why aim for gold if you can get lead?

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
« Reply #94 on: November 25, 2013, 10:59:26 PM »
I'm confused about working out shipping. The shipping calculator on their site is in euros but the KS is in Canadian dollar. How are we to work out the correct amount to add?

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #95 on: November 26, 2013, 12:36:56 AM »
I'm definitely in...IF...someone can give me concrete shipping costs to the US.  I'm not seeing it.  I do like the overall scheme though.

Ooof...just went to their calculator...36 euros ($48) to ship a box from Spain to the US?  I take it back, I probably won't pledge.  I'll wait and watch the perks and unlocks, but that'll put it up around $200 for a box of Hero Quest.  Unless we see dozens of bad guys added etc., I think I'll have to pass and pick up a normal box later in the future from a US distributor.  They apparently sell all of their product through CMON here in the US.  They really need to bulk ship that stuff here and let them ship it to us or something.

:'(

(here's hoping this becomes an amazing Kickstarter and somehow becomes worth $200!)
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline Lord GreyWolf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #96 on: November 26, 2013, 12:42:44 AM »
for me its closer to $255.10NZD for a board game. I paid the same amount for Zombicide season 2 and got a stand alone game, expansion, and bucket load of other stuff, same went with the Incursion game...

I am pledged for $1 and will watch and see if I can find some spare cash it is xmas after all and it may be a mission and a half to find some spare $$..

LGW

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #97 on: November 26, 2013, 02:07:27 AM »
I've pledged. Looks pricey for New Zealand. Still it will be money well spent. No more miniatures or kickstarters for a long time I think.

Offline Arthadan

• Scientist
    • Forge of Doom Miniatures
« Reply #98 on: November 26, 2013, 07:37:37 AM »
Hi Folks,

About shipping costs, you have to follow the link to Gamezone homepage (you can change the language in the top right options).

They want to use their online shop shipping calculation, so you'd have to register to specify your country (Spain is the deffault country for guests). Then add to the cart any of the three pledges options and check-out (just to see the total, pay through Kickstarter because I guess direct onlines purchases do not count in order to get new strech goals).

Hope it helps.

Offline kalamadea

• Librarian
    • Image Gallery
« Reply #99 on: November 26, 2013, 08:16:18 AM »
Yeah, pretty dumb you have to enter your entire information and register your email (or at least make it all up) via their online store just to check shipping info.

FYI, it's €36.30 to ship the $158CAD level to the US and €26.16 to ship the $94CAD  level to the US.

Not cheap, but considering how heavy the box will probably be and that it includes tracking and confirmation it isn't terrible. Not sure I'll go into it, i had planned on it but that puts it just under $200USD for the game+extras just 2 days after Christmas. $124USD for the base game is a lot easier to swallow, except it gets you none of the stretch goals :( I was really excited for this (still am, truthfully) but with holidays + all the other kickstarters recently plus general life expenses I just don't think I'm going to be able to wing it. We'll see how things shake up, better pictures of the components might just push my nostalgia over my common sense. Actually, that's not a difficult bar to surpass
~Kalamadea
(aka Ember)
My Image Gallery

Offline Penchour

• Scientist
« Reply #100 on: November 26, 2013, 08:33:42 AM »
Complying about how expensive shipping is ? Well, now you know why how it feels to support US kickstarters while living in Europe: deadly expensive fees !!
For once, I found the shipping pretty low  :D Guess everything is a question of perspective (even if, generally speaking, shipping fees are getting SO huge lately, they're killing small markets like our hobby is :/ )

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #101 on: November 26, 2013, 04:02:49 PM »
I'm not complaining...the shipping price is what it is.  I do not think it's a requirement for the company to find ways around this, I just think it'd be a good business practice.  Shipping within the US is relatively affordable.  Shipping ANYTHING internationally from the US is obnoxiously expensive.  Borderline criminal.

As I said, a shame.  It'd be a pretty smart move for companies like this to find a distributor in other countries, especially large markets (I'd imagine the US is a large portion of the market for Hero Quest).  I'll keep a keen eye on this.  I'm still tempted to partake...just have to see what the expensions are.  If we end up with say, triple the monsters, I'd think the $200 more appropriate.

For $260 with the Robotech Kickstarter I got a shockingly ridiculous amount of miniatures, so I think I've set the bar pretty high for my expectations of a Kickstarter programme.

Offline Kyusumu

• Bookworm
« Reply #102 on: November 26, 2013, 07:23:49 PM »

Anyone see where they specify what size range the minis and scenic elements will be?

They look like heroic 28 but would be good to know for sure...  :)
When fighting the thousand, you must still defeat them one at a time.

Offline Donpimpom

• Mad Scientist
    • Tabletop Fantasy
« Reply #103 on: November 26, 2013, 09:16:03 PM »
Complying about how expensive shipping is ? Well, now you know why how it feels to support US kickstarters while living in Europe: deadly expensive fees !!
+1 to this!
Regarding distributors in other countries I wouldn't be surprised if it's not possible. As far as I remember they got the rights to re-publish the game in Spain, maybe this keeps the distribution abroad under certain restrictions.

Offline Booboo

• Scientist
« Reply #104 on: November 26, 2013, 09:43:28 PM »
Starting off, I love the concept, and the designs look solid.

Kind of a confusing set-up in comparisons to other KSs I've liked.  115CAD get you the boxed set and heroes set, 158 CAD gets you the boxed set, heroes set and rewards.  So the "rewards" are a 43CAD un-named bundle and not really fitting the description "All these stretch goals rewards will be given as FREE ADD-ONS."    Like Elbows, I would gauge by KSs like Robotech and think they had a pretty good tier setup for where you need to be for the "freebies" above a single box set, purchase the box set plus a ~50% "upgrade" set.  Granted the price point was about the same.  But I didn't feel like I was paying more solely for "rewards".  In the end the semantics don't really matter though.

Are their gong to be pledge boosters and other reward levels?

Anyone know what the MSRP is going to be for the main box set?

Lastly, I think the issue of scale is going to be the make or break for me.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 09:50:59 PM by Booboo »