Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:20:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686447
  • Total Topics: 118100
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Heroquest returns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 93841 times)

Offline Mick_in_Switzerland

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Heroquest returns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2013, 08:47:57 AM »
I would be very interestd in this.  I still like Heroquest and bought a set on Ebay about 3 years ago.

Offline Heyer

• Librarian
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2013, 02:21:49 PM »
So it will be kickstarter as opposed to indiegogo or something else. I thought that as they are only allowed to release it in Spain, even though you can purchase it outside of Spain that they MIT not be able to use that platform for the project. Then again I guess technically they aren't selling on kickstarter just getting funds and rewarding you for helping fund it. This may do even better than reaper bones IMHO.

yes you are right they are going to use KS to rise funds to produce the 25 aniversary edition ,and later are going to produce the normal edition,but for the special edition is only going to be posible to get it in KS.

Offline Doomsdave

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2013, 01:23:34 AM »
This is so great.  I am in completely.   :o
This is my boomstick!

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2013, 06:00:36 AM »
As an uncle with a 5 year old nephew, I would be extremely interested in a new Hero Quest.

With regards to what made Hero Quest great:

1) When it was released, decent plastic miniatures were few and far between and it was a huge deal to get some awesome monsters in a box.  Most games were still using crappy tokens etc.

2) Modular board...meaning you could run a lot of adventures on the relatively simple board.

3) The game master screen which was nice and attractive, and an awesome commercial in the way only the late 80's, early 90's could do them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egWNXgQuvWw

For a kid who was saddled with playing Yahtzee, Clue, and Parcheesi it was a pretty big deal.  It was an introductory game to proper gaming (despite being very simple).  By today's standards it is nothing special.  But I know that this, and a TMNT role-playing book were the start of my lengthy gaming career.  It was a very simplistic dungeon crawl in a box, at the height of my childhood (when my imagination was the most thirsty).

It was wildly outclassed by later versions, such as Advanced Hero Quest and then the fantastic Warhammer Quest.  It is definitely a great game.  I'd love to have a copy (hoping the minis and furniture are good) and it's something I can play with my nephew when he is a few years older.

It's really just a great piece of my childhood.
2024 Painted Miniatures: 166
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2013, 06:56:02 AM »
I think it was great for it's time and for me it was the introduction to citadel miniatures.

This being said, it was a kids game and nowadays we're spoiled for great boardgames with lots of miniatures, so I'm not sure how we'll feel about it once the rose tinted glasses stop doing their thing.

Also, unless I'm mistaken it would seem there won't be loads of plastic minis in the box?

Offline Iron Haiden

• Bookworm
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2013, 07:02:15 AM »
Great news and like many this was my introduction to war gaming

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
  • Rowdy, Hostile and Wrong Inc.
    • Dr. The Vikings Miniature Games Hell
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2013, 07:06:17 AM »
So... will it be in Spanish only?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 07:10:09 AM by Dr. The Viking »
My Empire - where everything I ever did is collected:

http://www.c0wabunga.com

Offline Suber

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2013, 07:20:24 AM »
So... will it be in Spanish only?

I believe the idea is translating it to other languages, but the whole project still needs to be developed.
I need to take my old Heroquest back! I sadly believe I have all the minis and pieces scattered all over the place :(.

Offline Mr Saturday

• Scientist
    • Mr Saturday's Mumblings
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2013, 09:01:34 AM »
I'm cautiously optimistic about this. At the very least it'll be something for my young lads to cut their gaming teeth on without cracking out my ancient copy of Heroquest. Cool news though.

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2013, 10:35:27 AM »
I've been slowly painting my old hq stuff. What I'm thinking though from reading a translated version of the Spanish forum is that it could perhaps be heroquest only in name with similar model types, put into today's standards, with vaguely similar rules if similar at all. I'm not holding out a huge amount of hope for it to bring back the old feeling of hq. I guess I just don't want to get my hopes up.

Offline Arthadan

• Scientist
    • Forge of Doom Miniatures
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2013, 06:51:26 PM »
Hi all,

Speaking of HQ, I've recently stumbled upon a rules revision of the whole saga (HQ, AHQ  & WHQ) called Extreme HeroQuest: Link

There is a beta only in Spanish at the moment, but it seems there are plans to translate the game once is finished.

Offline weismonsters

• Scientist
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2013, 07:10:03 PM »
Had a look at that Spanish Heroquest forum the other day and it seems that the basic box is 4 heroes in male and female versions, plus lots of resin furniture, including the original heroquest furniture and various new things, extra bookcases and so on. Plus a double sided board.  Dont know whether the monsters will be sold separately or not. The announcement mentions that all the creatures come with separate poses, which seems to imply that you get all the monsters in the box (except fimir for some reason) but i have not seen any conformation of it. Maybe someone here knows...
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 07:16:40 PM by weismonsters »

Offline Heyer

• Librarian
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2013, 08:04:27 PM »
Had a look at that Spanish Heroquest forum the other day and it seems that the basic box is 4 heroes in male and female versions, plus lots of resin furniture, including the original heroquest furniture and various new things, extra bookcases and so on. Plus a double sided board.  Dont know whether the monsters will be sold separately or not. The announcement mentions that all the creatures come with separate poses, which seems to imply that you get all the monsters in the box (except fimir for some reason) but i have not seen any conformation of it. Maybe someone here knows...

Hi everything you said it s true,from Gamezone they anounce that in october they are going to upload the oficial Heroquest web page,and they say are open to all kind of ideas,coments...

Offline thebinmann

• Galactic Brain
  • Can't paint but dreams...
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2013, 08:21:10 PM »
yes intersting, perhaps somebody could post the KS link here when it starts?

Offline Heyer

• Librarian
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2013, 09:17:52 PM »
yes intersting, perhaps somebody could post the KS link here when it starts?

Sure i will. :)