Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 02:57:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690366
  • Total Topics: 118327
  • Online Today: 594
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Arctic Adventures: The Frost Expedition  (Read 8969 times)

Offline SaxonHalfling

• Bookworm
Re: Arctic Adventures: The Frost Expedition
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2013, 11:31:47 PM »
game game game game game !!!!!!!!!!!11

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2013, 08:58:42 AM »

Thanks for the encouragement gentlemen. My plan is to have the terrain and mini collection filled out so that we can start playing by or before Xmas. Before we start an Arctic campaign I have more pressing matters to contend with. Captain Grant and the Liberators have to track down Lady Elaine Darrow and help protect her from evil cultists while trying to find her missing father. More on that soon.

OH? Now that sounds exciting! Perilous Island may never be the same.....

HAVE FUN

Offline jet

• Mad Scientist
    • Geektactica
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2013, 10:39:27 AM »
OH? Now that sounds exciting! Perilous Island may never be the same.....

You're right Dave. Especially since we've adapted the setting and scenarios so that we'll actually be playing Perilous Mountain! I don't think I shall say anything else. We are waiting on some scenery items and some miniatures so it will be a few weeks before we get started.

Offline Tenz

• Librarian
    • Basement Motive
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2013, 01:52:15 PM »
Thanks for the encouragement gentlemen. My plan is to have the terrain and mini collection filled out so that we can start playing by or before Xmas. Before we start an Arctic campaign I have more pressing matters to contend with. Captain Grant and the Liberators have to track down Lady Elaine Darrow and help protect her from evil cultists while trying to find her missing father. More on that soon.

I suspect this task will be impossible for those do-gooder Liberators....Little does Grant know but Vladimir Vrex also has interest in Lady Darrow. Her father knows the were-bouts of a substantial deposit of Perilium. The last compound needed for the Crimson Professor's latest creation! Nothing will stop Vrex from locating it!   

Offline Traveler Man

• Mastermind
    • The Hetzenberg Chronicles
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2013, 05:14:43 PM »
Smashing stuff!  :-*  Perhaps you could have interchangeable roofs, one with snow, one without, that can be swapped out at need?
"It's amusing, it's amazing, and it's never twice the same: It's the salt of true adventure, and the glamour of the game."

Talbot Mundy, The Ivory Trail.

http://ajstable.blogspot.com
http://hetzenberg.blogspot.com

Offline pistolpete

• Mad Scientist
  • Rent money is for rent - telly savalas
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2013, 06:46:04 PM »
you could try batting (pillow stuffing) or stretched out cotton balls for snow.  cheap, easy clean up.  when my kids were into thomas the train, that's how we did a christmas set up.

or go with the hollywood effect and use instant potato flakes; but i have no experiences with it though.

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2013, 10:49:13 AM »
Little does Grant know but Vladimir Vrex also has interest in Lady Darrow. Her father knows the were-bouts of a substantial deposit of Perilium. The last compound needed for the Crimson Professor's latest creation! Nothing will stop Vrex from locating it!   

NICE! Now its pulp!

Have you guys changed your rosters at all? I can't remember if you working in any of the Perilous Island perks/abilities?

HAVE FUN

Offline jet

• Mad Scientist
    • Geektactica
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2013, 11:43:21 AM »
My main "contributions/feedback" to the Perilous Island supplement was the Unearthly ability, the Reanimated ability, and the Animals Perk. The rest of my input was fairly minor.

The Liberators have had some changes, but mostly through experience gain. They now have 40 Rep, and my leader and my sidekick each have an additional ability (i.e. 7 XP). Captain Grant started with Fierce, Hardened Veteran, and Rugged. He's since added Marksman to the mix so he's something of a force to be reckoned with. Although, Tenz's leader of his snow beasts league did manage to take him down last game. (5d12 Brawl? Is that even necessary?!). The only wierd ability in my league is Blast Fire. I used it on Monique (one of the allies) to represent her submachine gun firing on full auto.

At this stage, Tenz's league has stayed much as it did when he started. For the campaign he's using Dr. Vrex (Leader), Boris (arse-kicking sidekick), a pudgy little ally (like a pulp era Igor), and two Skelebots allies). We each have 11 slots because of Rep gain. I suggested using the Noblesse Perk if he ever goes with an all Skelebot league. Obviously, the only way to finish off a skelebot would be to pull off the back-plate and haul out the Radium Power Core.  ;D

Offline BlackSmoke

• Librarian
    • The Colour of War
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2013, 12:34:32 PM »
Wow! I'm loving those figures! And your leagues sound a lot of fun! I'm intrigued by the notion of a skelebot! :)

Offline pistolpete

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2013, 02:56:23 PM »
hey dave - will the new Pulp Alley vehicle rules include snow mobiles?  even though, they may not have been in use around the time of "classical" pulp eras.

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2013, 06:58:52 AM »

The Liberators have had some changes, but mostly through experience gain. They now have 40 Rep, and my leader and my sidekick each have an additional ability (i.e. 7 XP). Captain Grant started with Fierce, Hardened Veteran, and Rugged. He's since added Marksman to the mix so he's something of a force to be reckoned with. Although, Tenz's leader of his snow beasts league did manage to take him down last game. (5d12 Brawl? Is that even necessary?!). The only wierd ability in my league is Blast Fire. I used it on Monique (one of the allies) to represent her submachine gun firing on full auto.

At this stage, Tenz's league has stayed much as it did when he started. For the campaign he's using Dr. Vrex (Leader), Boris (arse-kicking sidekick), a pudgy little ally (like a pulp era Igor), and two Skelebots allies). We each have 11 slots because of Rep gain. I suggested using the Noblesse Perk if he ever goes with an all Skelebot league. Obviously, the only way to finish off a skelebot would be to pull off the back-plate and haul out the Radium Power Core.  ;D

Very cool! I was wondering if you guys were keeping track of your campaign rewards. You're doing good.

I think Mila's Pulp Girl league is up to 38 Rep and has earned a total of 8 XP. She spent 4 points to add Eagle-Eye to Pulp Girl, and 1 point (Follower) to make her terrier Fierce (up to 3d6 Brawl, err... Bite). And now she has 3 XP burning a hole in her pocket...  :o

hey dave - will the new Pulp Alley vehicle rules include snow mobiles?  even though, they may not have been in use around the time of "classical" pulp eras.

We are already planning to include dog sleds, so maybe I can find room for snowmobiles as well. I think they're more of a 60's+ sort of contraption, but I can certainly see a mad scientist outfitting his followers with early snowmobiles.  :D

HAVE FUN

Offline pistolpete

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2013, 01:55:50 PM »
i checked and was surprised that snowmobiles were in WWII - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NKL-26 and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:1949-Bombardier-B12.jpg .  even though these were more like armored tanks with skis.  but yeah on having a mad scientist secret project and this can be for used for ideas http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Coanda_snow_sleigh.jpg

gotta love wikipedia.

Offline scouts19508

• Bookworm
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2013, 08:30:49 PM »
Jet,

Your figures look great. You are a inspiration to those of us who lack imagination and talent.

Jim

Offline Sakura

• Bookworm
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2013, 11:09:51 AM »
Really like your Frost Expedition.  Beautifully painted figures.  You need some more animals other than that Yeti.

Now I know you said Arctic but penguins are just too much fun!

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2013, 12:36:59 PM »
Bloody hell!  This is beautiful!  :o
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men."
-Willy Wonka