Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 08:13:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Post-Apoc/Futre Vehicle War type games list  (Read 16947 times)

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
Re: Post-Apoc/Futre Vehicle War type games list
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2013, 09:11:39 PM »
This is what people like Miles will never understand, casual gamers want really great ready made and done stuff. But there's not that many of them around who are willing to plunk down $130.00 on a boardgame for the experience. 

The people who he wants to target are people like us, and the rules are in the end more important than the minis.  We can make our own toys, and to have a great game system to use them in.....that makes the universe just hum.... 

More importantly, even with great rules, the people who pay $10.00 per mini....well we KNOW what we're looking at.  This is our hobby and most of us are either savy enough already to know, or have places like LAF to ask those more knowledgeable.  There is such a great wealth of gamer arcana here....it's fantastic.  But my point is that we know what a $10.00 mini and a $5.00 mini look like, and what they dont look like.

I'm really happy that we all stumbled on what looks like a really great PA road game that doesnt break the bank!  Happy motoring!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men."
-Willy Wonka

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2013, 09:42:19 PM »
Pretty sure I'm overlooking something but a quick question for you chaps. The pictures show road section being used, and the BGG page has a file for offroad tiles and transfer from paved to off-road. But I can't find the tiles anywhere in my downloaded files. Could be that I just mist them during the big download binge. (lota files in that bundle) or should I be looking elsewhere for them?
Mind you not complaining here simply doing a component check and missing that one piece that's probably stuck in the lid like with all good boardgames.
3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)

Offline Lord GreyWolf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2013, 11:23:44 PM »
I downloaded the Off road tiles from the BGG site as well will print them off at some stage next week.

just checked my Dirt Road track from the BGG site and its the same components from the box set just only tiles with the Dirt on them and none of the tar seal versions.

So your original box set should have every thing you need if you want only to play off road then just print of extra copies of the dirt tracks.

LGW

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2013, 06:38:49 PM »
So I took another look and found the road sections as the very last (or should that be first) file on BGG. Must have been blind the last time I looked. Anyhow, I'm really looking forward to converting some cars to sorta-ish fit the 16 vehicles that have cards right now.

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
« Reply #49 on: September 30, 2013, 01:20:45 PM »
And please, PLEASE PLEASE  make sure riders are NOT trying to fire/hold/swing weapons with their throttle hand/right hand.   It really needs to be on the handle bars.

Get the bikers right and I'll buy a slew of them.  Get 'em wrong and I'll wait for the guy that gets them right.

Wait, you don't use a throttle lock? It's the only way I can fire my RPGs.  lol

RE: Outrider

Does look awesome, and I even offered appropriate Hot Wheels for conversion by folks who claimed to want to give it a go (Heck, printed road for them), but have I seen a game yet?

Doug

Offline Ramshackle_Curtis

• Mastermind
    • http://www.ramshacklegames.co.uk/
« Reply #50 on: September 30, 2013, 04:39:35 PM »
It is hard to get people to play new games isnt it?

Offline Lord GreyWolf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #51 on: September 30, 2013, 07:28:52 PM »
I went and drove to the closes gaming stores to me [45minutes] and got the dice I needed so latter this morning the kids and I are going to be setting up and playing our first game of Outrider.

I will try and get some pics taken and do a right up. will only do a small game with one car each and see how it rolls.

LGW

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #52 on: October 04, 2013, 01:53:17 PM »
Having bought and read the Outrider rules I can't help but keep a lookout for cheap 1/64 cars.
So, after a trip to the supermarket and remembering a local toystore is driving up discounts before moving to new location I now have 15 cars for 11 euros. Not all are exact matches for scale but close enough to be believable once kitted up I hope. Tomorrow I pay a visit to a local model building store I only found out about a few weeks ago, apparently the largest in the country and its only 20 minutes away.  lol At the very least going to get some evergreen sheets for armour, and hopefully I can find some equipment or weapon set in a vaguely fitting scale. I might do a forum diary on these later today if I can find the camera.  o_o

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2013, 05:24:38 AM »
Just wanted to throw it out on the Outrider threads that the entire line of rules is on a FREE status. Head over to WargamesVault and grab it. Nice for those that wanted to try it out.

I can say the Starter Deck links aren't working. Lets you choose it but says there is no format for downloading. Just wanted to give a heads up.

Grimm

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
« Reply #54 on: October 31, 2013, 05:03:52 PM »
Went right over, ran up a cart for the new stuff; took Paypal, but hasn't cleared the cart. I suspect there may be an issue with the store.

While I've had very few problems there before, and my 'library' is obscenely long, those few were QUICKLY sorted with an email. Patiently waiting a reply.

As for weapons, I recently found a Revell 1/1200 Bismarck (two actually) for darn cheap. The smaller turrets, masts, and few other pieces are going to VSF 'nefs, but the main turrets may find their way on the roof of an SUV or van.  :D

Now, I have to decide if I can work out a use for the waterline hull. Maybe a 15mm skiff or small schooner...

Doug

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #55 on: November 01, 2013, 04:46:14 AM »
Went right over, ran up a cart for the new stuff; took Paypal, but hasn't cleared the cart. I suspect there may be an issue with the store.

Doug
Ya lost me. PayPal for what? It is all free right now or were you getting printed stuff?

Let me know what the email says when you get your reply.

Grimm

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #56 on: November 01, 2013, 09:49:29 AM »
The decks are now 7.99 to get the entire game cards set!  It is a STEAL!