Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:46:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689603
  • Total Topics: 118286
  • Online Today: 646
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: 10mm Near nude celts or indians for Na'vi? Also critter sugestions?  (Read 1597 times)

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
So, long story short I have this crazy idea of building a pair of HotT armies based on the avatar movie. Weak plot aside its a fun romp of shoot the native/bad white men. And for some reason its appears to be an idea that really catches the attention of the non wargammers in my life.  :`

Anyhow I decided that for a group based game like HotT I would like a small scale, this also helps me to not use any ranged units, this is war in the jungle and at small scale base to base makes sense as engagement bows and guns or no. So, 6mm it is. I have quite a few idea's lined up for the humans as there is a lot of sci-fi in this scale and all the human things in the movie are stapels of sci-fi anyway.

That however leaves the Na'vi completely undecided. To emulate the whole difference in size I would love to use some 10mm minis for them. But here is the thing, everything I find is so darn clothed, I need some savages with spears and bows in half a loincloth and preferably beardless. From the little I know of historicals I think that cliché celts/woads or indians would be closest to what I need. I'm not to picky on their looks at as that scale them being blue and all should do the trick. If there is a line that has loose riders that would be a plus.

On a side note, suggestions for alien critters are also welcome.
Mostly looking for dragon or pterodactyl things for the flyiers as they are iconic, also one big one for the hero to ride.
Dog like lizard beasts, not much larger then a 10mm man.
Rhino or other large behemoths.
Lizard like not horses tough I think warmaster like fantasy minies could provide those.

Any and all suggestions are welcome!
3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)

Offline Comsquare

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: 10mm Near nude celts or indians for Na'vi? Also critter sugestions?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2013, 08:52:54 PM »
You could check Pendraken, their Fantasy line may have something for you
http://www.pendraken.co.uk/Fantasy-c21/

Thought about Barbarians, Woodelfs and so