Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:21:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Normedra - a low level scifi thread  (Read 1753 times)

Offline max

• Scientist
  • Medieval Mad
Normedra - a low level scifi thread
« on: September 30, 2013, 08:56:38 PM »
I've recently created a new world, Normedra, after thinking too much  ::) A mix of several ideas and games i enjoy, i decided to start a thread here to track the progress and hopefully be interesting. First off, a little intro...

"They say that before the Great Flood things were different. It was warmer, and there were more people. Towns and cities filled the plains and the hills, now they're just ruins, lost under forests and dust. I don't know when it happened, could be a hundred years ago or maybe more. I imagine life was good back then; now this place is cold most of the year and when it's not cold it's wet. I want to make enough money to go sound, perhaps get a ship and go further south. I don't really care how i get the money or where i go, as long as it's warmer than here."

Normedra was first a cold world but rich in minerals and oils. During Man's reach into the universe, they terraformed Normedra and massively colonized it, covering the planet in cities, mining camps and factories. The rapid changes to the climate backfired a hundred years later, however, causing an event later called the Great Flood as the pack ice that melted flooded much of the lowland regions. Thousands fled Normedra, the economy collapsed and the planet's main space port was destroyed by a terrorist attack, stranding many on the surface to face Normedra's vengeance.

It's now several centuries later. The weather has stabilized, but it is cold except around the equator. After a 'dark age' where much of the technology was lost during the Flood the survivors are beginning to claw their way back, setting up small factories and power plants, achieving mid 20th century standards in some areas.

Offline PatrickWR

• Scientist
  • Fully Painted Since 2010
    • Comrade's Wargames
Re: Normedra - a low level scifi thread
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 03:08:34 PM »
Sounds excellent -- I'm definitely interested in reading/seeing more.

Offline max

• Scientist
  • Medieval Mad
Re: Normedra - a low level scifi thread
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 05:52:22 PM »
Thanks PatrickWR.

A little intro on my blog before i begin a new blog for the project.

http://scyldandseax.blogspot.fr/2013/10/normedra-intro.html