Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 11:13:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690455
  • Total Topics: 118332
  • Online Today: 688
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: PA Terrain - Mars Attacks Kickstarter.  (Read 4919 times)

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
  • Culpame de la Bossa Nova...
PA Terrain - Mars Attacks Kickstarter.
« on: October 09, 2013, 02:23:05 PM »
I know we have a discussion topic already for Mantic's Mars Attacks! Kickstarter and I don't wish to duplicate that discussion, but there are some aspects of it which may appeal to PA/Zombie gamers too; namely the scenery and buildings that are being produced for it.

The pledge levels incorporate the option to not actually buy into the game itself, but just go for the add-ons alone. Currently they feature Modern US Troops, destroyed building sections and 'street furniture' which may be of use to you. Current Mantic suggestions also include contemporary 'civilian' figures and civilian vehicles.

I appreciate that Martians aren't everyone's cup of tea, but the option to grab hold of some relatively cheap 28mm terrain items, or anything else that might be subsequently produced that might fit into your own gaming, is not to be sniffed at either.

Three of Mantic's painted up characters for the game (not my painting btw).

While somewhat excited by the whole thing, I have no connection with Mantic.  :)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 02:25:19 PM by Arlequín »

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
Re: PA Terrain - Mars Attacks Kickstarter.
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 02:55:12 PM »
I pledged because of the crossover potential of the civilians and the scenery!
cheers and keep on gaming, Agis - http://www.adpublishing.de

Offline pacarat

• Mad Scientist
    • pacarat.blogspot.com
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 03:41:37 PM »
Just checked the KS out. Don't see where you can get just the civvie figs by themselves...am I missing something?

Offline rwwin

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 03:47:25 PM »
I pledged because of the crossover potential of the civilians and the scenery!

Same here  the PA potential is definitely there.  Buddy, Brandi and the US troops would fit right in for ATZ.  

I have a soft spot for the campy martians, but as with many others that posted on the future wars thread, they would look better teamed up with Korean area troops instead of moderns.  If the scale works out, I could see siphoning off the modern troopers for my PA games and replacing them with a box of the WGF late war US troops.

However I'm pretty dubious of the new "pledge X and get Y dollars of credit" scheme they introduced.  I've put in a dollar to get the updates, but I'll wait until the end to see how far the credit of the Will of Man or Invaders pledges actually take you.

I'd also like to see some pictures that could give a better sense of the miniature size before committing.  Will they fit with the rest of the Mantic Range (30mm +/-) or something else.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 03:49:17 PM by rwwin »

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 03:49:09 PM »
Mantic have asked if people want them in the KS comments, which you have to be a backer to access. Nothing concrete (or plastic) right now. To be honest I don't know how you can pledge for just whatever add-ons you want, I just know that you can.

As rwwin says though, a dollar pledge will get you access to see what's coming up, or to contribute to what's suggested and if you don't like it, you can take your dollar back.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 03:55:59 PM by Arlequín »

Offline rwwin

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2013, 03:51:53 PM »
As Agis says though, a dollar pledge will get you access to see what's coming up, or to contribute to what's suggested and if you don't like it, you can take your dollar back.

Ah, both the beauty and bane of kickstarter.  For that one dollar someone can be as constructive or as obnoxious as they want.  I've seen much of the former, but sadly much of the later as well.

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2013, 04:02:29 PM »
Indeed, but the same pretty much goes for anywhere on the net, once people have paid their free admission, they sometimes feel entitled to be allowed to act like an ass. Fortunately most folk buck that trend though.

:) 

Offline consectari

• Librarian
  • Rat King
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2013, 04:28:02 PM »
I had no interest until I saw the terrain.  I'm watching closely to see what other terrain and buy in options become available.
All my best ideas are someone elses

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2013, 05:27:50 PM »
This is why I mentioned it. There's a fair bit of stuff about for virtually anywhere in the world, except the USA and even then it's largely in the form of the Plasticville range, which has its limitations in some game types. I anticipate there will be more to come (at least I hope there will be) and the more people 'in' benefits everyone, whether into the game itself, or whether just there for the bits they can use in something else.

There's a fair bit of Mantic testing the water with suggestions and they seem responsive to what an apparent majority would like to see too. So providing it fits in with the overall theme, almost anything is possible it seems.

*Edit* - The basic pledge level for the add-ons without the game, is selected by choosing 'Back this project' and then 'No Rewards'. You then just put in your pledge amount (which can be adjusted up or down as often as you feel necessary). A questionnaire will be sent out when the KS ends, so you can tell them what it is you actually want.

Civilians are to be added when the KS reaches 2k backers.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 11:17:44 AM by Arlequín »

Offline aliensurfer

• Mastermind
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2013, 01:35:20 PM »
This is why I mentioned it. There's a fair bit of stuff about for virtually anywhere in the world, except the USA and even then it's largely in the form of the Plasticville range, which has its limitations in some game types.

really? I've struggled to find any decent buildings (post WW2) that can be converted for PA etc OTHER than plasticville. Mind you, aside from 28 days later and WWZ we all know every apocalypse and or world changing event will only ever happen in the USA. Come the so called end of the world I'm going to be here in blighty and pop down the pub until it's all over  ;)

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2013, 03:01:40 PM »
Fair point, I was thinking more in terms of somewhat more exotic places and there are still a lot of pre-WW2 buildings knocking about the UK, or anywhere in Europe. Modern buildings are virtually non-existent though.

Offline aliensurfer

• Mastermind
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2013, 01:02:31 PM »
Fair point, I was thinking more in terms of somewhat more exotic places and there are still a lot of pre-WW2 buildings knocking about the UK, or anywhere in Europe. Modern buildings are virtually non-existent though.

true, most modern buildings are in the town centres or industrial estates - the former normally shopping malls, skyscrapers etc, the latter normally a generic warehouse from the outside, or an office block.

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2013, 10:31:56 PM »
It just gets better... Atenocitis Workshop are producing 'pledge add-ons' for the game too, amongst which these beauties will feature...

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2013, 10:18:23 AM »
In addition to the forthcoming scenery... Mantic are planning on mutants and mutated giant insects...

Loving this guy too!

« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 10:21:42 AM by Arlequín »

Offline Halforc

• Assistant
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2013, 10:22:20 AM »
I'm looking forward to the new grekwood buildings, good old Victorian terraced houses , sorry for hijacking!

Also liking the military figures for Mars attacks! Too

Balance restored.