Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:40:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686474
  • Total Topics: 118102
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: New Zeds and Survivors from Griffin Miniatures  (Read 12946 times)

Offline pixelgeek

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
Re: New Zeds and Survivors from Griffin Miniatures
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2008, 06:10:27 PM »
Needless to say I've gone ahead and ordered a set from him, he seems like a genuine bloke just trying to get a business started (again).

I don't think that he is starting his business again but rather simply trying to start a new game. Griffin never went out of business IIANM they just stopped fulfilling orders.

There are a large number of people that are still owed miniatures from the last set of figs that were offered via Griffin/Harbinger. There are just as many, if not more, who are owed money from Harbinger subscription refunds that were never honoured.

I am not sure what his intentions are in this current endeavor but I think that people really should be leery of giving the fellow their cash given his track record.

People here know of his past and I find it rather surprising that they seem to be willing to ignore this simply to get some neat new minis.

I'm sure they are nice minis and I am sure that people want them but if Griffin was trying to be reputable they would be working to fulfill the long outstanding orders they already have instead of trying to launch a new game.

He isn't doing that, appears to have no intention of doing that and so I think it doesn't do any good to effectively reward his ongoing poor behaviour towards other gamers by buying his new figs.

There are many more reputable firms that deserve our money so lets not give it to people that have a proven track record of poor behaviour like Griffin.

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2008, 07:58:45 PM »
Needless to say I've gone ahead and ordered a set from him, he seems like a genuine bloke just trying to get a business started (again).

I don't think that he is starting his business again but rather simply trying to start a new game. Griffin never went out of business IIANM they just stopped fulfilling orders.

There are a large number of people that are still owed miniatures from the last set of figs that were offered via Griffin/Harbinger. There are just as many, if not more, who are owed money from Harbinger subscription refunds that were never honoured.

I am not sure what his intentions are in this current endeavor but I think that people really should be leery of giving the fellow their cash given his track record.

People here know of his past and I find it rather surprising that they seem to be willing to ignore this simply to get some neat new minis.

I'm sure they are nice minis and I am sure that people want them but if Griffin was trying to be reputable they would be working to fulfill the long outstanding orders they already have instead of trying to launch a new game.

He isn't doing that, appears to have no intention of doing that and so I think it doesn't do any good to effectively reward his ongoing poor behaviour towards other gamers by buying his new figs.

There are many more reputable firms that deserve our money so lets not give it to people that have a proven track record of poor behaviour like Griffin.

PixelGeek,

Hi mate...I'm not looking for a rant match, he owes me nothing. I'm just saying it as I see it and everyone can go into this with open eyes. I never said they went out of business, Mark has referred to this as a new start with only him overseeing it.

Anyway,Thanks for posting this up, at least it means that people who didn't know the history will have some idea, but again down to them on this one bud.

The Commander

« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 09:12:49 PM by Commander Vyper »
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline Zoogla

• Scientist
    • http://www.zinnfiziert.de
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2008, 01:44:42 PM »
hmm, ordered them this weekend and payed already. I really hope to see those minis and that the business runs as smoothly as the email correspondence with Mark was kind.
Will keep you informed!

Z.
please visit my miniature painting blog http://www.tinfected.eu/blog/

Of all the things I lost I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Offline Ray Earle

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2008, 06:23:49 PM »

Apologies, I didn't know the history of Griffin miniatures. Just saying that so far he has been up-front about the need to build the business back up.
Ray.

"They say I killed six or seven men for snoring. It ain't true. I only killed one man for snoring."

Offline pixelgeek

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2008, 07:12:26 PM »
Apologies, I didn't know the history of Griffin miniatures.

No reason to apologise. Not everyone knows the issue

Offline Ray Earle

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2008, 03:33:59 PM »
Recieved my figures this morning.  :D

Offline Snate56

• Librarian
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2008, 09:15:20 PM »
and besides, you have to make money before you can start paying it back, and if the guy knows how to make miniatures...
Good Luck to him, I hope it works out.

SteveN

Offline pixelgeek

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2008, 09:24:59 PM »
and besides, you have to make money before you can start paying it back...

Which would be the case if he had said "I am putting these out to get cash to pay off my back debts" but that isn't the case. He is funding a new project with this (comments are all second hand since I haven't seen anything official from him).

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2008, 11:52:31 PM »
and besides, you have to make money before you can start paying it back...

Which would be the case if he had said "I am putting these out to get cash to pay off my back debts" but that isn't the case. He is funding a new project with this (comments are all second hand since I haven't seen anything official from him).

My email:

Really interested in these but very very cautious in respect of payment issues that unfortunately have become all to familiar a topic on the miniature forums.

Can you guarantee that I will receive these miniatures promptly if I order and pay for them. That I won't lose out and that you'll honour the buyer seller agreement made?

Sorry to sound harsh but £30 a lot to waste and I'd rather give it to charity than see it get swallowed.

I am genuine so please do come back to me with your assurances.

Mark's response:

What can i say, all of the orders so far have been sent out within 24 hours. Griffin Miniatures is just me now, so there is no opportunity for crossed wires or people just not doing what they were supposed to do. I do realize the up hill battle that we face and to be honest it would have been easier to just walk away after Harbinger folded, but that is just not who i am. I am not going to just assume that reputations can be healed over night, and i understand the reticence on your part to order. If this helps any, i will place a set of the Zombies aside for you until Tuesday next week, by then others that have bought should have received their product.

Let me know if you want me to do this.

Cheers

Mark

Offline fatgoblin

• Scientist
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2008, 01:28:21 AM »
I bought and received my order quite fast, about a week.

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2008, 06:13:13 AM »
I bought and received my order quite fast, about a week.

Wondered when the call of the zombie would get you mate! ;)

Hope all's well looking forward to seeing these in the showcase.

The Commander (Vyper).

Offline pierrebi

• Scientist
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2008, 08:51:47 AM »
I bought and received my order from UK to Italy quite fast, just a week!
New Berlusconi's immigration law seems not to care of zombies ^__^!
They are very well-sculpted but unfortunally a little big bigger then copplestone casting ... they are to nice to be painted by mayself, I think I will ask Fernando to paint them for me.

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2008, 09:06:05 AM »
Mine were not shipped until Tuesday, because of a bank holiday monday...

I hope to receive them today or tomorrow (otherwise, I will not see them before I get back fro an it-course I'm attending in Copenhagen Mon-Wen next week).

My thoughts are, that if Griffin get's up and running again, they might be able to start paying people back/fulfill back orders and the likes. Watch the development of things and try contacting Mark again, if things seem to go OK.
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline Citizen Sade

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2008, 10:07:36 AM »
(Borrowed from fellow frother Citizen Slade).

Ta for the credit though I have now moved on from glam rock  ;)

Offline Pappa Midnight

• Mastermind
  • Web-Fu 10th Dan Blackbelt
    • Pappa Midnight Presents Displaced Miniatures
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2008, 01:06:36 PM »
I received my set in good order and I am very impressed with them.
They are a little bit bigger than some of my other stuff, but they are full of Character and well worth the money.
I've had no previous experience with Griffin Miniatures and can only go by personal experience.
Good service, cool minis.

PM

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work; I want to achieve immortality through not dying.