Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:32:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686556
  • Total Topics: 118107
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Tuesday Night Gentleman's Club: Kulten  (Read 35789 times)

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
Re: Tuesday Night Gentleman's Club: Kulten
« Reply #180 on: February 14, 2014, 09:32:42 PM »
Back at it again, the Dagonites and Serpent Worshipers try desperately to Steal The Artifacts. Who among you can say that you don't love those artifacts?  :)

The hot sun beat down mercilessly ( ;)) it was torrid. Against the burbling of the bogs a battle beyond belief was about to begin...

Stay tuned...

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #181 on: February 14, 2014, 10:37:49 PM »
COOL, CREEPY STUFF! I love the twisted tree toward the center of the photo.
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline diehard

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #182 on: February 15, 2014, 12:15:37 AM »
Gonna have to get me some of them bogs.................

Carry on....................
We haul ours to kick theirs.

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #183 on: February 15, 2014, 05:56:10 PM »
Hey Obsidian,

Do you ever go to Imaginary Wars? I have started making it there on Wednesdays and I have even started painting my stuff so you will get a mostly painted game.

Cheers,

Daniel

It's not on my regular circuit of gaming stops, but I could be convinced to drop in on occasion. Next Weds won't work as I'm running Star Trek: Attack Wing at Trilogy. Maybe the following? Send me a PM and we can arrange.

Quote from: styx
He is also going to sacrifice your entire cult upon the alter to the dice gods! Yes, he has been infused with the voodoo powers here within Florida during his visit and plans to crush all of you!!!!

Well now my plan has always been to crush my opponents. Perhaps the dice gods haven't been getting my messages. These new voodoo powers will certainly help though. :D
obsidian3d
www.o2media.ca

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #184 on: February 15, 2014, 08:26:43 PM »
It's not on my regular circuit of gaming stops, but I could be convinced to drop in on occasion. Next Weds won't work as I'm running Star Trek: Attack Wing at Trilogy. Maybe the following? Send me a PM and we can arrange.

Well now my plan has always been to crush my opponents. Perhaps the dice gods haven't been getting my messages. These new voodoo powers will certainly help though. :D

*BEEP* You  have reached the voice mail box for the Elder God you patron....please leave your name, number and sacrifice at the tone and he may get back to you.....*BEEEEEP*

<Checks Messages> *BEEP* You have 999 new messages all marked urgent....
First message from Obsidian3D: yea, could you help me out on next weeks game with Uncle Mike?
*DELETE*
Second Message from Obsidian3D: Dammit! I said could you help me out here! Serious man, I will go worship someone else if you don't answer my prayers!
*DELETE*
Third Message from Obsidian3D: Listen, maybe I was a bit hard on you, but this is your last chance.....help a cultist out!
*DELETE*
*DELETE ALL MESSAGES FROM Obsidian3D*
You have no further messages.....

Check out my blogs!

Warhammer 40k, Fantasy and more!: http://armyoftheweek.blogspot.com

Warhammer Historicals: Legends of the High Seas and Old West, Gladiator: http://diceoflegends.blogspot.com/

Strange Aeons: http://strangeraeonsadventures.blogspot.com

Offline pixelgeek

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
« Reply #185 on: February 15, 2014, 08:39:01 PM »
Do you ever go to Imaginary Wars? I have started making it there on Wednesdays and I have even started painting my stuff so you will get a mostly painted game.

Do you get out to Sentry Box?

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
« Reply #186 on: February 17, 2014, 04:06:23 AM »
In this scenario the goal is to get the stuff before your opponent does. Common (sub)human greed, if you will. What exactly were these two nefarious cults fighting over...who cares! But read on and all shall be revealed!

The Dagonites were few in numbers but large in purpose as they moved en mass toward those boxes. And they had better get to it fast, that custom fishbowl was starting to steam up! Remember that it was torrid? As a side note only two boxes were placed at the start of the game...

While the Serpent Worshipers who had the numbers but not enough nominations tried to make do. Pictured here is the Demagogue having a bit of a mud bath/facial to calm his ragged nerves after the last few losses. But what was that twinkle in his eye? Eh dear reader? Could it be a plan of blood-chilling cruelty?

Seeing that time was of the essence the Serpentman Warrior (who had already been shot!) rushes to the box (using his Heroic to accomplish this). The Dagonites respond in kind...or unkind by charging in with that gigantic Deep One...luckily for snakey the beast can only reach the box and deciding to destroy the artifacts...does. Ruining the simple joy of opening a surprise for everyone.  :-[

Stay tuned for more! Gore-splattered battle between titan-sea-beast and reptilian-swordsmaster! Kill! Kill! Kill!

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
« Reply #187 on: February 18, 2014, 02:32:29 AM »
As you should know by now a Maniac is a deadly model in game. See him here frightening and then chopping into little pieces all who stand in his way. See ya tommy gun guy! the Cult Leader remains unmoved by the shocking, shocking violence of it all.

The Dagonites move ahead, using the epic struggle as cover! How long could the Serpentman Warrior keep it up?

The Maniac springs toward the guy giving the orders...looks like an easy target...he'd have to be crazy to screw this up...oh...wait!

Still more ahead...

Online Oldben1

• Mastermind
    • My Terrain Projects
« Reply #188 on: February 19, 2014, 08:23:43 PM »
The giant deep one is like the Hulk!  Not hiding him under a trenchcoat.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 02:01:36 AM by Oldben1 »

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
« Reply #189 on: February 20, 2014, 08:37:03 PM »
I must apologize to you, dear reader, for stringing this battle report out for so long...been a busy week. But, regardless of real life stuff, we continue...

Let us begin by analyzing the triptych below. You will see the Frenzied madman fail to harm the Cult Leader...bizarre! Follow this up by getting charged by the Demagogue and ganged up on! The Maniac fought back pitifully and was removed as a Major Injury!!!  :-[ Also, you will notice the battle in the back of the shot has by the third frame been ended...with another Major Injury to the Serpentman Warrior and the Deep One has wandered off in search of more prey. A ball-smashingly bad turn for the Serpent Worshipers (AKA me... :'() Would revenge even be possible at this point? Read on and behold the unspeakable truth!!!

The rest of the Serpent Worshipers saunter up to the last box and prepare to search it...oh goodie! All that bad luck was about to change, they could just feel it!

The Deep One slumps and scrambles toward them, no doubt covered in the remains of his earlier 'lunch'...prompting the cultist with Bolt Action Rifle to flee in horror. No problem! The other cultist moves into position with the box...sees the Deep One, goes Face Up in fear! That is some freeky-deeky fish monster to be sure! Ridiculous to sublime... :`

But not to worry! All these horrible, horrible twists of fate were about to be rectified! You see, all this had been a plan, a cunning ploy, if you will, to get the Deep One; that accursed Deep One, into a position of my liking.   ;) Pretty smart huh? At least it would have been smart, if it had worked. Slightly out of position the cultist with BAR (and as we now know; Dynamite) throws and misses. Miraculously the blast lands exactly between the two...blowing the chest and it's eldritch riches, to kingdom come without harming either.

Witness the not-so-shocking conclusion as the Deep One gets a proper feed on and consumes the two hapless cultists. Mmmmmm...tastes like failure! Now, it pains me to say it but at this dismal point in the game; no rewards, 5 guys removed...all as Major Injuries, hulking and un-wounded Deep One only moments away. well, what can I say, they ran away...I ran away.  :-[

Post Game will follow...and I have a few things to say about a few things!

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #190 on: February 20, 2014, 08:43:47 PM »
Ouch!

That id not work out too well for the scaly guys, did it?
 :o

Great eye-candy as usual, Uncle Mike, and good fun to follow.
 8) 8) 8)

Post Game sounds like it could be painful....

....although it was a great AAR for the rest of us to enjoy! :D

Offline D@rth J@ymZ

• Runner-Up of the LPL
  • Mastermind
  • CotBG #5
« Reply #191 on: February 21, 2014, 12:33:36 AM »
Mmmmmm...tastes like failure!

>:D Tasty
Now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb...
- Dark Helmet

Offline Mr. Peabody

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Canuck Amok
« Reply #192 on: February 21, 2014, 04:00:00 AM »
But not to worry! All these horrible, horrible twists of fate were about to be rectified!
I'll admit you really had me going there.

Despite the fact that my secret schadenfreude has been abundantly nourished, I'm still rooting for Team Snake.  ;D
Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers. P. Cushing
Peabody Here!

Offline EndTransmission

• Scientist
  • Little horror
    • EndTransmission's random gaming things
« Reply #193 on: February 21, 2014, 12:37:33 PM »
>:D Tasty
But does Failure taste like chicken? Enquiring minds want to know

Offline D@rth J@ymZ

• Runner-Up of the LPL
  • Mastermind