Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:22:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Poll

Suggested Vehicles

Light Tank Mk. II India Pattern 1/56
14 (7%)
Light Tank Mk. II 1/56
14 (7%)
T-19 Tank (Soviet) 1/56
11 (5.5%)
T-24 Tank (Soviet) 1/56
11 (5.5%)
Birch Gun SPAT 1/56
10 (5%)
British Military Motorcyclists/Combis 28mm
26 (12.9%)
Stridsvagn L-60 1/56
15 (7.5%)
M1 Combat Car (US) 1/56
12 (6%)
Škoda PA-II (1/56)
8 (4%)
T-13 Tank Destroyer (Belgium) 1/56
6 (3%)
FIAT 2000 1/56
18 (9%)
Popular or 'Generic' Civilian Vehicles
31 (15.4%)
Carro Barbastro
4 (2%)
British Motorcycle Police
21 (10.4%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Author Topic: The Interwar Vehicle Wish List  (Read 46098 times)

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
  • Culpame de la Bossa Nova...
The Interwar Vehicle Wish List
« on: November 02, 2013, 01:41:05 PM »
Okay... I've looked again at this following Brent's suggestion for a similar thing for Cold War. I had the bright idea that producing a poll, to include the requests people have thrown up so far and any subsequent ones, will also allow our resin pushers to be able to gauge the potential popularity of such suggestions too.

You can vote for more than one... all of them in fact, but I'd respectively ask that you only vote if you would actually be prepared to buy one in the event it was made. That makes it much fairer all round and of course makes this somewhat useful to manufacturers.

I'll try and keep on top of additions and deletions as appropriate... but I might have to set a limit at some point if it gets too unwieldy.

:)  

I've tried merging the two threads, but it doesn't seem to want to do this, so I will lock the other and we'll carry on from here.

As a re-cap, here's the rules;

1) It has to be a real vehicle, not necessarily anything more than a prototype, but there do have to be photos and/or plans etc. for someone to work off. It would be great if you could actually include a photo along with your suggestion too.  

2) It can be any scale, but clearly identify which scale you are interested in.

3) Try and include a small amount of description (made by, wars used in etc). It helps people research the vehicle if they choose to have a go at it.

4) It must not already be in production in the scale requested. Mistakes are inevitable though, so where there is one available to buy, I'll edit the post to indicate this. If a suggestion is posted and you know where there is one available, don't hesitate to point this out!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 01:51:56 PM by Arlequín »

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
Re: The Interwar Vehicle Wish List
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 01:39:43 AM »
I know that I am down for two  Stridsvagn L-60
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline CompanyB

• Mastermind
    • http://www.companyb.biz
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 07:40:58 AM »
More info on the British motorcycles please.  Without giving anything away, I'm currently working with a 3D artist /metal casting expert on some 28mm spoked motorcycle wheels (pre 1940)

We have a design that will give the impression of spokes and cast in metal.  So alternate styles of spoked wheels for additional models would be something to design right now while we have this project in progress.

Now, riders are another thing and expensive...but if anyone would like to partner to produce riders please let me know!

By and by, I like designing models like this.  I can fit several kits into one spin cast mold, and it's very quick to go from napkin sketch, to 3D, to printing, to casting. 

As for the others, I like the L-60 as well!

Brent
Company B

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 08:10:24 AM »
The Norton 16H was the most common general type pre-WW2 and used for dispatch riders and other various roles. The Norton Model 1, or 'Big 4' as it was known, was used in the motorcycle battalions, with or without sidecar. Prior to Dunkirk these were the most common in service machines, although not the only ones.

There's a good thread here:
http://www.ww2incolor.com/forum/showthread.php/9538-British-Allied-Motorcycles-with-Sidecars

and there's plenty of reference material in the form of photos by searching by the make and model...  :)

Just remember that British sidecars go on the 'other side' of the bike.  ;)

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2013, 06:42:55 PM »
Memories! Well, not my own. My granddad was a scout rider on Nortons (and another bike, but I can't recall what at the moment) with the Manitoba Dragoons before he wound up as a gunner on a Staghound.

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2013, 11:04:54 PM »
If any one makes them, get some with serpent heads so that all the commonwealth and there assorted head gear can be represented.  :D

Offline moif

• Scientist
    • JRC-1138
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2013, 02:09:42 PM »
What I have missed most in my 1930's era games is a balance between the available historical models. What can you pit against a Vickers Mk II in a fictious battle set in 1936? To that end, I've taken to building my own models, but so far I have only made tank models. What I would really like from the mid war period are auxiliary vehicles; cars, small trucks, vans and motorbikes.
Expert in ancient artefacts, occult civilisations and phoney baloney technobabble!

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2013, 03:34:39 PM »
The answer to the question is 'pretty much anything', as the Vickers Medium was very poorly armoured and anything larger than a rifle round would go through it. However I do take your point. Unfortunately the field of 'civilian' and 'soft skin' transport is so varied in the 30's that producing anything is likely to be the wrong anything in that respect.

The situation is possibly going to become worse, as with Warlord's buying up of Force of Arms's 'pre-war' vehicles, we might not even see many of those vehicles again. Time will tell I suppose.

Some sort of generic transport vehicles might be possible... that will be down to a manufacturer, but I will put it up.  :)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 03:37:28 PM by Arlequín »

Offline WillieB

• Mastermind
  • Gotcha!
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2013, 09:56:14 AM »
Since I'm mainly interested in the SCW segment of the Interwar period I only selected civilian vehicles.
Renault lorries and buses for example.
I'd love one of those Spanish ( Renault/Peugeot?) tank transporters used in the Rif and Civil War but I feel it wouldn't be commercially attractive.

A Hispano Suiza bus would be on top of my list as would any Chevrolet/ HS lorry.

In fact I'll buy any decent 1/56th interwar lorry or bus if I feel it can be used in the SCW but... it has to have open windows. Just can't abide with solid windows.

Panic, Chaos and Disorder. My job here is done

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2013, 02:46:09 PM »
Carro Barbastro:

I came across this recently. It was apparently made from the tracks of an agricultural tractor, with an American truck engine. It was originally designed to mount a 20mm cannon, but two Hotchkiss MG were used in the three or four prototypes made. I believe it never saw action and was used as a propaganda piece due to its size.

Called variously the 'Carro Aragon', or 'Carro Barbastro', to me it typifies 'The' Inter-War tank mentality, even if it was made from re-cycled components in its original form.

Offline Mina

• Assistant
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2013, 07:52:22 PM »
I had to vote for the T-24... I do like my Soviet tanks!
Black Army Productions
www.blackarmyproductions.com
28mm Pulp, Interwar & Post-Apocalyptic Miniatures & Vehicles
28mm Fantasy Football Miniatures
Check out 1933: A Nation Divided, now on Kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1926752146/1933-a-nation-divided

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2013, 02:04:34 PM »
British motorcycle police of the thirties are what I'm after. I haven't tracked doen which bike was the most likely to have been used, maybe the Norton mentioned earlier. Anyway, here's a photo of the riders I'm after:

If any "resin-pushers" are interested in this, I'm prepared to consider commissioning it as a kind of vanity project although I don't doubt I'd be able to sell a few as well...

Doug

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2013, 08:40:03 PM »
Consider them added. As these are wearing peaked caps, they will no doubt be suitable for a number of foreign uses too.  :)

As an aside, you have to cancel your votes and re-vote to select newer items added to the list. Unfortunately there is not any way round this unfortunately.

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2013, 05:55:43 PM »
You know what I recently discovered was in surprisingly short supply? Hardtopped, full-size interwar saloons.

For instance, the Matchbox cars of yesteryear has a number of pre-WWI saloons, but almost nothing interwar. All their 20's and 30's cars are trucks and roadsters.

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2013, 11:06:52 AM »
That would come under 'Generic and Popular', but indeed you are right.  :)