Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:46:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686609
  • Total Topics: 118113
  • Online Today: 626
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: My Phagon Spacelords Army  (Read 11223 times)

Offline Jonas

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • OUT OF PRINT!
    • Deathworld Adventures
My Phagon Spacelords Army
« on: November 04, 2013, 06:11:36 PM »
So I finally managed to collect and paint all of the Phagon Beastmen, the Battle-Beasts and the PSI-Wolves. I still need to collect and paint the last of the Battleclones and Walkers, but I guess I will get there in time.

Here I documented the army so far and hopefully I will at some point be able to complete my Phagon collection and put them to use on the battlefield.

Phagon Beastmen Commanders: 3245A-B-C-D

Phagon Beastmen w/ Heavy Flamers: 3244A-B-C-D

Phagon Beastmen w/ Combat-Needlers: 3243A-B-C-D-E

Phagon Beastmen w/ Laser Rifles: 3242A-B-C-D-E

Phagon Beastmen w/ Needlers: 3241A-B-C-D-E

Phagon Battle-Beast: Running Ripper C3284A

Phagon Battle-Beast: Running Ripper C3284A

Phagon Battle-Beast: Stingwhipper C3283A

Phagon Battle-Beast: Stingwhipper C3283A

Phagon Battle-Beast: Hammerhead C3282A

Phagon Battle-Beast: Hammerhead C3282A

Phagon Battle-Beasts

Phagon Bioids: Suma PSI-Wolf C3281A-B

Phagon Bioids: Suma PSI-Wolf C3281B-A

Scale Shot

Phagon Battleclones WIP

Phagon Walkers

Battleclone, Robot and Hammerhead

The Phagon Beastmen and a few of the Battleclones are available at EM4 Miniatures. Hopefully the complete Spacelords range will be available again at some point, but it has been quite some time since any new models was re-released.

Right now I am trying to complete the collection of Phagon Battleclones and I am still missing 2 out of 4 of the Walkers. Also I would love to get more of the Bioids and Battle-Beasts. So if anyone has models they want to sell or trade just send me a message. I have extras of Battleclones and Beastmen to trade and also models from the other Spacelords factions.

http://deathworldadventures.blogspot.dk/

Offline phreedh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Carpe plumbum!
    • Phreedh's Ministuff
Re: My Phagon Spacelords Army
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 08:05:28 PM »
Really nice, Jonas! Love the old Metal Magic minis, both fantasy and scifi. Good job on the goaties!
Please visit my miniature gaming blog at http://ministuff.godzilla.se

Offline Jonas

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • OUT OF PRINT!
    • Deathworld Adventures
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 08:40:59 PM »
Thanks. I might still need to update them a bit at some point. But right now they are good enough so I can move on to the next things.

Offline Jonas

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • OUT OF PRINT!
    • Deathworld Adventures
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 10:04:08 PM »
I have been lucky to pick up a few bits and bobs on Ebay pretty cheap during the last couple of years and I thin kit was probably last year that I bought off a huge collection from some friendly gentleman at this forum (I forgot the name, sorry).

So I have plenty more Spacelords stuff than what is shown here.

For the Phagons I have one more Walker, but it is a dublicate, so I still need two of the variants. Also I have plenty of Battleclones, but not the entire range yet. I do have lot of dublicate Beastmen and Batleclones too.

For the other factions I have a large variety of infantry, some skimmers, robots and such. I still need to sort these out, but I thought I would start on the Phagons, since they got me into collecting Spacelords and seem more easy to use with other sci-fi minis.

The Spacelords range is awesomely sculpted, but a bit on the small side compared to most other manufacturers + they seem to not be heroic scale proportioned. But who is to say what sizes space beastmen or clone troopers should be  ;) so they go pretty well with most other stuff.

Offline Jonas

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • OUT OF PRINT!
    • Deathworld Adventures
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2013, 11:00:49 PM »
Yes, I really hope they do. But I seriously doubt it. It looks to me like the company is stagnating.

So maybe they should get the molds transferred to Forlorn Hope, they seem to be on the go with all the old Grenadier models.

I would love to be able to complete the collection of all Spacelords miniatures and be able to buy dublicates of rare models at affordable prices and such.

Of course some of the charm of collecting would be lost if everything was available again, but I guess it would be more important to be able to get awesome miniatures  lol

Offline Dr.Falkenhayn

• Mastermind
  • guckst du?
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2013, 11:05:52 PM »
very nice Work Jonas,great to see these classic Minis treated with Respect  :) I remember we traded a Bunch of Spaclords Figs,i had these stored in a Box for over Decade and you were like WANT! WANT!WANT!  lol
Good to know they found a better Home  :D

Offline Torben

• Scientist
  • Scatterbrained Wargamer!
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2013, 11:46:25 PM »
They're magnificent!  :-*

Offline NurgleHH

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spacelord
    • Victory Decision Vietnam
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2013, 07:58:38 AM »
Great, Jonas. I love these Miniatures. Sadly EM4 did not release my missing stuff. Base my other stuff and wait for Agisd SciFi-Rules to give them a ruleset.
Victory Decision Vietnam here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=43264.0

Victory Decision Spacelords here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=68939.0

My pictures: http://pictures.dirknet.de/

Offline Jonas

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • OUT OF PRINT!
    • Deathworld Adventures
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2013, 11:38:01 AM »
Thanks guys!

@Dr.Falkenhayn: Ah yeah, we traded some stuff too! I think I got some of the jetbikes from you? and a mix of the infantry models. Hopefully I will get around to paint all the Spacelords stuff I have at some point.

@Scurv: Yes, I think a re-launch of the entire range with a ruleset would work out really well for this stuff. I do have the original rules, but unfortunately they are only in German, which I am not very good at.

@NurgleHH: Which rules is that? We have been talking about trying out No LImits for rules, which should work well with most sort of sci-fi miniatures.

Offline NurgleHH

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spacelord
    • Victory Decision Vietnam
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2013, 12:09:49 PM »
The Rules are generic SciFi from Agis. He made the Victory Decision-Stuff. You can find a thread in the WW2-Subboard (because ViDe is WW2). There is a link. I hope for the rules this year, even if the year is nearly over...

Offline Jonas

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • OUT OF PRINT!
    • Deathworld Adventures
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2013, 12:15:39 PM »
ok, I will look out for that :) thanks

Offline Earther

• Mastermind
  • Sat at my Mac, lusting after lead…
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2013, 12:26:41 PM »
Brilliant work! :o

It is such a shame that EM4 have just sat on all those wonderful Spacelords moulds for years. Criminal even. I keep waiting for Forlorn Hope to start rolling them out but to no avail. What a missed opportunity, especially as there seems to be a lot more interest in more off-the-wall 28mm sci-fi projects of late.

:(

Offline Jonas

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • OUT OF PRINT!
    • Deathworld Adventures
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2013, 12:40:40 PM »
I agree, but maybe bringing up more attention to the models will make more people ask about them at EM4.

Offline phreedh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Carpe plumbum!
    • Phreedh's Ministuff
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2013, 02:40:21 PM »
I agree, but maybe bringing up more attention to the models will make more people ask about them at EM4.
I gave Doug a poke (and the link to this thread). Making more codes available again would definitely help me decide on whether I want to go 15 or 28mm for my retro scifi gaming needs.  :-*

Offline cheetor

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Defixum manendum est.
    • sho3box
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2013, 03:28:22 PM »
 :-*

These are fantastic Jonas.  

The battle beasts are the stand outs for me as I havent ever seen them before.  They are great.  The psi-wolves are a bit goofy, but lovable all the same :)

The beastmen don look like they need any more work to me.  Your painting style really suits the models too.

If EM4 or Forlorn Hope stocked these models I would pick up a few of most of them for sure.  I cleaned up, based and undercoated about twenty beastmen cast by EM4 during the summer and they were without question the cleanest metal castings of any miniatures that I have ever had in my 25+ years of toy soldiery.  Plus they are really cute sculpts and Doug is exceptionally good to deal with.

I would love to add some of these to my own off-the-wall 28mm sci-fi projects :)