Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:48:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Fist Full of Kung Fu - new painted pics on page 5  (Read 42507 times)

Offline georgec

• Librarian
Re: Fist Full of Kung Fu
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2013, 05:59:32 PM »
Love the (R)HKP uniform coppers.  No doubt martial arts experts and former detectives put back in uniform for misdemeanours or by corrupt superiors ;)

Offline Ray Earle

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2013, 11:22:31 PM »
Nice.  :D

As I'd mentioned on Facebook, we're going to need a lot more Demon worshippers. Some more weapon variants would be good. After all I'm going to have to paint one set black and red and the others white and yellow.  ;)
Ray.

"They say I killed six or seven men for snoring. It ain't true. I only killed one man for snoring."

Online v_lazy_dragon

• Mastermind
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2013, 08:55:26 AM »
I can't remember anyone asking; but will there be rules for stating up our own figures? (Being based off a Ganesha games system I'd guess so, but always good to have confirmation) Just thinking that  it'd give a lot more scope if it was the case :-)
Xander
Army painters thread: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=56540.msg671536#new
WinterApoc thread: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=50815.0

Offline H.M.Stanley

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2013, 08:58:44 AM »
Get thee behind me Satan ...  lol
"Ho, ho, ho! Well, if it isn't fat stinking billy goat Billy Boy in poison! How art thou, thou globby bottle of cheap, stinking chip oil? Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!"

Offline Smith

• Mad Scientist
    • Plastic Malpractice – Kitbashing, Wargames & Stuff
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2013, 09:48:55 AM »
I can't remember anyone asking; but will there be rules for stating up our own figures? (Being based off a Ganesha games system I'd guess so, but always good to have confirmation) Just thinking that  it'd give a lot more scope if it was the case :-)

Absolutely – a full unit builder is included in the book.

In addition, there are 72 sample characters, broken down into the following categories, to get you started or provide inspiration for your own characters:

Cops (11)
Martial Artists (9)
Ninja (7)
Triads & Tongs (7)
Yakuza (4)
Supernatural Creatures (14)
Cyborgs & High-Tech Characters (11)
Animals (9)

Of course, the categories are just for convenience, and a gang combining Triads, Martial Artists and Cyborgs is entirely possible.
Phil Smith
Head of Osprey Games

Plastic Malpractice – Kitbashing, Wargames & Stuff

OWG Resources HERE!

Online v_lazy_dragon

• Mastermind
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2013, 10:19:02 AM »
Splendid - the answer I was both hoping for and dreading!  lol

Offline Smith

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2013, 01:40:41 PM »
For those asking about the demon cultists and their equipment – the figures are based on the "cultist" entry in the rulebook, which doesn't give the option of firearms (hence the models). There's no reason you couldn't stat up a cultist with a gun, mind you, but they would cost more points and would unbalance the starter gang included in the boxed set. I'm sure if this initial set was popular, though, North Star might consider additional variants...

In the meantime, anyone looking for more models could head over to: http://www.northstarfigures.com/prod.php?prod=5259

The IHMN figures are a little more old-fashioned in dress, but the two sets go together pretty well!

Offline Ray Earle

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2013, 02:03:20 PM »
Well I hope they work out to be popular then.  :D

I like the starter sets but hope in the future we might see some expansion sets. I know there are only so many figures Northstar can get sculpted, especially with the high release schedule Osprey have at the moment.

Offline LeadAsbestos

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • When the Hurlyburly's Done...
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2013, 02:51:06 PM »
I'm in for the set, and I'm working on finishing up the last few China Town minis I have left to paint, PLUS the Hasslefree Martial Artists.

Unless a convention spontaneously forms in my house, I should be set for a while. ::)

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2013, 06:23:17 PM »
I knew I was going to want the Yakuza but I'm really impressed with the police figures.

Ditto bud.   :-*
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline Melnibonean

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Boiled Beans
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2013, 09:49:08 PM »
I can't say I like all of them but some of these little folks are outstanding!
Below is a link to my blog. It's the place where I write uninteresting things about little toy soldiers. I do this because I refuse to grow up and behave like an adult.

http://this28mmlife.blogspot.com.au/

Offline cacofold

• Assistant
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2013, 03:48:10 PM »
Hopping on this like I hopped on Ronin. Heck, some of the ninja figure I have look useful for both. Ninjas are timeless, like diamonds.

Some questions, so I can prepare:
-How large of a table? I'd like to start shopping for scenery sooner rather than later, and it helps to know how much area to cover. Should I go denser or more sparse?
-The character list looks really broad, which is good. Any tidbits on the hightechs and cyborgs?
-Are the sample characters nods to famous folks, like the "truck driver"?

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2013, 04:22:03 PM »
The models look good but I am especially curious as to the rules. I like the SoBaH system and am always surprised how well it fits to a new genre when another version of it shows up.
I am mostly interested to know a bit about the magic rules as those were perhaps the weakest part of the original sobah rules IMHO.
3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)

Offline Smith

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2013, 04:59:10 PM »
Hopping on this like I hopped on Ronin. Heck, some of the ninja figure I have look useful for both. Ninjas are timeless, like diamonds.

Some questions, so I can prepare:
-How large of a table? I'd like to start shopping for scenery sooner rather than later, and it helps to know how much area to cover. Should I go denser or more sparse?
-The character list looks really broad, which is good. Any tidbits on the hightechs and cyborgs?
-Are the sample characters nods to famous folks, like the "truck driver"?

3'x3' table is a good starting point – as is all the terrain you can get! The scenery can play an integral role in a game, so the more the merrier!

No real tidbits just yet – though my favourite high-tech option is "Biotech-Enhanced Kung Fu Gorilla". Essentially, a character can be built using any of the skills and talents in the game (subject to their level of importance – only primary characters may choose some of the more powerful skills), so a lot of the fun is in the backstory you give your gangs – at least that's what I reckon (and both the mercenaries of the Ghost Tiger Company and the gangsters of the Eight Bells Ringing Tong agree).

There are recognizable archetypes in amongst the sample characters (and some of the North Star sculpts reflect that), but you can build whatever character you want in next to no time. Need a truck driver? 2 minutes. A blind ninja assassin? 2 minutes. A three-headed demon dog? 2 minutes.

Offline area23

• Mastermind
    • area23
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2013, 10:10:21 PM »
The cultists, demons and kung-fu fighters might go well in the Back of Beyond with some chinese bandits. Hmmm.
If you don't believe in lead, you're already dead.
+++AREA23 BLOG+++