Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 10:56:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Fallout: Heading East  (Read 210447 times)

Offline mattblackgod

• Mad Scientist
  • Post Apocalyptic Nut Job
    • Post Apoc Wargames Forum
Re: Fallout, Heading East
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2013, 09:27:15 PM »
Wow, pretty cool collection you have.  :-* Great work. I look forward to seeing more.

What rules are you going to use?
Mattblackgod's world - Games and minis blog.

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2013, 04:12:02 PM »
So after last night's game of 7TV I've arranged a 300 pt game of Fallout using those rules for next week. Which sounded fun (well it still does actually), till I realised I hadn't enough cannon fodder for the NCR ...uh considering that their opposition, the Brotherhood of Steel, may have a tank. So to the sidelines go the Trogs, and this week I'll be working towards making up another squad of NCR Troopers. To business...

@mattblackgod
 As mentioned I'm intending to use 7Tv for it. However I do feel that that particular set's probably not the best in spirit, nor for mechanics, but its what people at my club play, and I don't want to be shoving a new ruleset down their begrudging throats as of yet. I have pondered making up my own cards for it, and adding in mechanics like radiation, poor condition weapons, power armouir, etc. Wreck-Age seems to be suggested, but I have no experience with them, but I may look into them at some point in future. ...Probably. Never... ...^^'

New Calfornian Republic
WIP NCR Troopers (Wargames Factory American GIs)

Despite the box art the models are actually of pretty good quality. Some of the models kind of force you into certain weapon options unless you can bother reposing them a little, but I'm quite impressed yet again by the stuff coming out of that company. The shoulder pads need work, and the chest armour's too long, but I was working off of the tiny image on the back of the game's box unfortunately. =/

...What was my point there again? Oh, these guys are going to be a little truer to the game's concept art than my existing troopers, on account of them being plastic. The irregular look of the others can be put down to them being either new conscripts, armed and dressed with whatever was to hand, or veterans that've replaced their kit with...whatever was to hand. I'm great with this fluff stuff like (/I can't be bothered writing up a history for the factions just yet).

Caesar's Legion
WIP Boar Transporter (Airfix Jackal Supacat)

Ref the haphazard sentence from earlier in this thread, this is for the transport of the Legion's heavy armoured veterans. Hopefully I'll be putting in another order with Brother Vinni at some point and, converting the T45-d suits into either Heavy Troopers, or to look like that Outcast from the earlier image, use the shoulders pads for Praetorians (who,FYI, integrate looted armour into their own. Yeah, that's what happened to the BOS from Fallout: Tactics/ Maxon's Bunker) .

WIP Recruit Legionaires (Warlord Hail Caesar)

Aside from that I've bought some new models for Legionaires. I'm ridding myself off the excess femin-aires, and going for a (mostly) male force. These new ones are plastic, so so such an easier medium to convert, whilst the metal Urban War miniatures could be the Veterans, on account of the different looking armour, weaponry, etc, I guess. These are just quickies (only one has his chest armour, and that's missing the finer details).

WIP Vexillarius

Based somewhat on the Caesar's New Regime mod. Again, he needs his detailing, bling and shiz.

I'm too tired to do anything else vaguely productive tonight, so there's yer lot. =P

Offline emperorpenguin

• Scientist
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2013, 04:52:20 PM »
You did a fantastic job on those legionaries!  :-*

I tried converting them myself and saw others try but have never been convinced by plastic Romans as Legion, but you nailed it! (no pun intended)
My Fallout Project leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=35048.0

Offline ollv

• Scientist
    • Imagifig
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2013, 05:36:28 PM »
Great, really nice Fallout minis here. I especially like the car conversions and the kinder...  :)

Offline carlos13th

• Mastermind
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2013, 06:41:54 PM »
Wargames Factory consistently have some of the worst box art I have ever seen. The Samurai and Ashgaru box art is just as bad.

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2013, 12:50:22 PM »
Here's this morning's turn out:

Brotherhood of Steel
Sentry Drones (Warmachine Cyriss Reflex Servitors)

I came across these in my FLGS and had to have them. Fluff wise they're a drone that scoots about pre war military installations searching for intruders (like the Floating Eyes from the first two games). In a typically video gamey way their "eyes" turn from blue to red when they detect an intruder. My FLGS also had another variant of these armed with a mechanical claw and a nice stand in for a Tribal Leader, but... I'm skint till the start of next month, so they'll remain on the shelf.

Support Suit (Mantic Games Dreadball Big Mech - Giant MVP)

The gun's from the old GW game Space Crusade. Currently my BOS force is already overpowered enough (Power Armour, Robots, Tanks...), so I thought I'd stick in a mech suit for the hell of it too. I wasn't overwelmed when I first looked at this in its blister (its a resin kit), but once built it looks the business. For fluff this may have been a pre-war American combat suit, outfitted to support the US' power armoured infantry in situations where they need heavy support (which considering it was their role to be this to the regular infantry, it'd have to be something big they were fighting). Judging by the fact I only have one, and no such platforms are seen in game, let's assume they were still in development, seeing limited deployment on the Chinese mainland, with this particular suit being salvaged from some pre-war research facility or military installation of importance (or perhaps the Enclave stowed away a few).

Caesar's Legion (Warlord Hail Caesar)
Legion Recruits

You get 24 models in the box, so I'll probably make another eight of these guys at least. The remaining six (I'll turn the last into  a Decanus probably) will wind up with rifles of some sort, or SMGs (the GI's box comes with a weapon sprue that includes Colt M1911s, Grease Guns (9mm SMGs), M1 Garands, Thompsons, and a few Browning LMGS. I guess they've been looting from the NCR). How's the ratio of Recruits wearing helmets/ face masks to bare headed look? I'm not sure if I prefer them with or without, the with being favoured for the "faceless mook" look, whilst the bare makes them look more like the lightly equipped Recruits in game.

Legion Vexillarius

I guess he just runs about the battle hitting guys over the head with his big stick. The ones in game are typically armed with long ranged weapons, as they're supposed to just give moral support from the sidelines. This one has a revolver on his hip instead, as the kit had a proper standard (with a Bull at its head too) and I couldn't not use it.

New Californian Republic
NCR Troopers (Wargames Factory American GIs

Hopefully these ones are a bit more authentic. The helmets come from Games Workshop Bretonnians. I'm not particularly satisfied with them, but I had the helmets to hand, and didn't want to go rooting about for a WWI British heads blister. So aside from that I think these guys appear to be more like the regular NCR military, as opposed to the more irregular appearing ones I already have. Oh, and just in case anyone berates me for all the troopers not actually wearing their helmets uh... I have a blister of GI heads spare and wanted to use them. Plus the GW ones are just a little too big for them, so its less obvious to have them slung over their backs (...maybe they effect their aim or something, though bugger trying to shoot with the sun in your eyes).

The Boar's sitting basecoated on my desk. Airfix's kits are definitely not made to be assembled then painted,which is to say I had to tear off the wheels, seats and rear canopy just to base coat the thing. After that I'm not in the mood to have at it right now. =P

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2013, 10:42:41 AM »
Caesar's Legion
Prime Legionaires with Decanus

Legion Recruits

Just another couple, hopefully these are better painted. =P

Legion Explorers

For 7Tv there guys are dog handlers, and hitmen.

Legion Boar

That's me used up all the models from the box. However I don't think I have quite enough Legionaires just yet. Right now I'm sitting on about thirty of the guys (and gals), though that's not really enough to qualify for any "Zula" type scenarios I'd like to run. So I may just buy the other box (which were less uniform) of Legionaires that my FLGS had, as well you can never have enough recruits/cannon fodder. Come next month though I would like to put in another order with Brother Vinni (if he doesn't typically release new models just after I order, as usual) to get the parts for some Praetorians. I wonder if he'll sell bits on request...

Plus some Tribal Totems

They're GW Chaos Marauder/ Warriors banners, plus the skully one's the staff topper from a hag by Reaper (I think). They'll probably just be chucked in with the rest of my terrain, but they could serve as objective markers for scenarios (ie claim the totems, or, for a tribal/Legion player, reach a certain area) I guess.

'Ave some terrain too. Yeah, I mentioned I'd be doing filler. =P
Tamiya brick walls.

Miniature Mojo tents

Wargames Factory zombies. Its for my 7ombieTv games typically (usually plunked in the middle of the only root off table... :D ).

Ainsty Castings ...I spent more money on his stuff than any other at the last show I was at (he has some great second hand models that'd be great for Fallout, but my next show's in the summer).  :*)

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2013, 07:30:24 PM »
I really like how the Legion and ACR are turning out. If you are running out of ideas for some reason, might I sugest tossing a few AKs or Colt 223. into the Mix of equipment for the Legion and NCR troopers. Or paint some of the hasself free White ops guys and Power armored dudes in NCR kit.
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2013, 06:19:59 AM »
This week's been geared towards me making enough models for a game I have on Tuesday. As a result, I've just churned out a load of models for the Legion and NCR. For the immediate future I think I'll be moving on to something else to add some more variety to what I have. The three main factions, the Brotherhood, Legion, and NCR are pretty well covered, but now I think I need to start working on the unaffiliated groups, like Raiders, Super Mutants and Tribals (all of which I have made up, I just haven't gotten around to painting them ^^).

I'll come back to these forces at some point. The NCR need to have a Veteran Ranger to lead them, though some regular patrol rangers (using western sheriff models probably), and some heavier gear like salvaged power armour, and a few more vehicles (again, I have a kit I want to tart up to make it look like its a dedicated ranger vehicle, and a trooper transport truck sitting about). As for the Legion I aught to make them a Praetorian, but he'd need to be a scratch build job, and those aren't really planned. The BOS too, whilst having a lot of heavy kit, don't so much have enough cheaper units like recruits and scribes, so they could do with some work in that respect. ...Oh, and forgetting, the Vaulters aught to get some love too (more police batons methinks).

I've still a lot filling my plate, so I doubt I'll be running out of things to do soon. Barring college related issues (or say a giant comet hitting the earth, etc) getting in the way I think I'm doing fine.  :)

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2013, 06:43:34 AM »
yeah those damn comets have a way of sneaking up on you.
But I am likeng what I am seeing so far. Are the legion heavy's and recruits using "barrowed" M1 helmet heads from the Warlord factory GIs? And were did you get the M16s for the BOS from?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 07:24:30 AM by commissarmoody »

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2013, 09:01:39 AM »
Yeah, the M1 Helmets are from the Wargames Factory marines, as are the M16s on the BOS from their Survivors kit. The NCR's M1's are from some metal blisters. I aught to have just sculpted some old bike rider caps like the Legionaires wear in game, but I felt the models needed to be brightened up a little with white helmets (/I wasn't using the M1s on the NCR, and was too lazy to sculpt anything else).

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2013, 03:02:42 PM »
That what I thought, going to have to steal some of your ideas. Keep up the good work.  :)

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2013, 03:06:11 PM »
So, updates on the model front. I said I'd try and paint some Trogs, but I'm skint this week, and so out of sugar. As a result I can't be bothered with them, so here's some other stuff I did instead.

*That sounded really professional...

New Californian Republic
Veteran Ranger in Advanced Riot Gear* (Infinity Veteran Kazak)

This one was bought second hand. Whatever it was stripped with faded the details a little, so I'm not particularly happy with what I did with it. Still, it looks like it was a nice model to begin with, and "inspired" by the armour from Fallout just a little. Its better than my originally Ranger Veteran at least, but I'll probably make another to see if I can do better. ;)

*Advanced Riot Gear's the set that was issued (salvaged locally) to those Troopers stationed in the Divide (before it went to hell), and before that was used by the United States Cavalry against anti war protesters. Not all rangers wear the same suits, with this particular one perhaps having been stationed in the Divide at one point, or having salvaged it from another location. I painted it as the Advanced set as 1) it looks beefier than the LAPD Riot Armour, 2) why would a riot officer be wearing a trench coat? 3) Meh, it makes her stand out more.

Veteran Ranger

This is from a while ago. Yeah... Not the best. (*cough, rubbish) A Wargames Factory Survivor is the base model. Did I already show this? Can't remember.

Wastelanders
Raider Brutes

These are from my Warhammer 40,000 Chaos army originally. I never got around to painting them for that, and I rarely play 40k now, so I've salvaged them for this project. Mostly they're Cadians, with Beastmen Ungor arms, along with an assortment of other bits chucked in (including the tracks off of a Tamiya 1/48 Stug for waste armour. ...They eat Buffout like Sugar Bombs apparently).

And terrain:

Wrecked APC Home

A Warhammer 40k Chimera with odds and ends from Ainsty Castings, Ramshackle, etc. The base still needs work ...and I forgot to picture the actual house side (the owner's have knocked in some windows). Either its a home, or a bunker of sorts for the settlement, or both. I may stick a sign saying, "Armoury" to it actually, though given the amount of guns I have laying about on my other terrain, that may be moot (or its where they keep the really big guns).

Portaloo and a Shipping Pallet

...Yup. Dead interesting. I'll base the loo eventually, perhaps with a nice puddle of semi radioactive looking water (not a thing in real life mind, but the games seem to have it) about it.

Aside from that here's a shot of what's on my painting table right now. That terrain's mostly a market addon to my existing (unpainted) shanty town. "Why didn't you paint that stuff instead of the crap you gave us today, it looks much more interesting" I hear you say. Well... Shuttit, I'll get around to it eventually.

And a little something I started after robots being mentioned. Its a little too big (by about two heads span), but finding side by side scale shots is a bit difficult as I don't have the game installed. Go on, have a guess what it is (hopefully my sculpting isn't that crap that it isn't obvious).

Offline zizi666

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Photobucket page
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2013, 03:25:03 PM »
Looks like the leg of a sentry bot to me  :)
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,
for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Photobucket: http://s1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd388/zizi666/
BGG: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/zizi666

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2013, 04:59:57 PM »
Points to the yellow man in front! =)

Its the rear leg thingy. I may keep it, or just make another, as I'm unsure about the scale. I tried to scale it appropriately, but I missed that the wheels are indented a little to the rear, so the resulting model will probably stand a bit taller than what it should be.

Ack, and now I find a comparison shot...

Still, I could always just go for this guy instead.