Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 12:09:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Fallout: Heading East  (Read 210448 times)

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Fallout, Heading East
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2013, 10:07:14 PM »
Yup, its exactly as it came in the capsule. Its just an odd little toy of a teddy with a TV for a face. Kind of like a Telly Tubby I guess. ;)

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2013, 10:25:46 PM »
I knew you couldn't trust those creepy things. If you get more you should paint them in different colors and give the purple one a purse. Just like on the show. lol
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2013, 07:39:05 PM »
I did happen to buy another six eggs yesterday just to find some more, but to no avail (nice chocolate though). It was my intention to get a few and yes, paint them in different colours. I do happen to have some handbags come to think of it, left over from the Wargames Factory Zombie Vixens, but we shall see. * Fluff wise it could be justified that those were one of the models aimed at appealing to little girls. ^^

[uWastelanders[/u]
Raider Gunmen (Games Workshop Uruk-Hai Siege Crossbowmen)

Raider Chargers (Games Workshop Uruk-Hai Scouts)

Misc Raiders/ Generic Wastelanders (Games Workshop Corsairs of Umbar)

These are my villain cast for 7Tv, though they make some nice raiders too. The Uruk-Hai models have had their helmets reshaped and hoods with goggles sculpted over them. As I use them for 7Tv I'm averse to stripping them, but those corsair models would look quite nice painted in desert tones. I tried to make them look as though they had salvaged some riot armour, though bedraggled enough with all the bits of cloth and leather. In terms of Fallout these would be wastelanders who had done the same, attempting to replicate the look of pre war police officers to give themselves some authority. They operate out of an abandoned precinct building, serving as a harsh justice in their territory (hey not all raiders are complete barbarians).

Meh, and as they're in there with the other models

Ralph Mundane! and the High Priestess of the Munda! Helga (Warmachine Stone Druid thingy + Reaper Symbol of Justice thingy)

He's the leader of my villain's cast and she's a cult leader. Ralph's from the distant year 2020, where he, a janitor, got lost on one of his time travelling holidays. With no route back to the future he decided to make the most of his situation and try and take over the world. What feeble powers he had in his own time apparently far outpace the feeble mystics of the past, and so he quickly gained a following as a god like being. Still, he's remembering to take plenty of holiday snaps in case he manages to return home.

Tonight's Trog night. I have twenty seven of the blighters sitting beside me right now (and plenty of sugar on the other). We'll have to see if I can manage to make it into the city centre for buying new supplies, though judging by the successor to "Hurricane Bawbag", that may not be possible. My local poundshop has a load of cars in stock right now, and I want to pick up some before they swap them out for cheesy Christmas toys.

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2013, 10:00:54 PM »
Being my typical flippant self I've been struck by another idea. Now how do these compare to the in game Chinese jumpsuits? Having found out that Wargames Factory's released some Russian Infantry, I'm wondering how well they could work as stand in for Chinese troops? Being ignorant of both country's military's from about the 50's I'm not sure if I could get away with this kind of thing. I'd equip them with some bulky looking AK variant and ...pop on some zombie heads (with sculpted Ushanka). Yeah... I'm considering making some Chinese Remnants, to be used on their own, or alongside some models I have planned for the Shi. Considering that that Shi were nuked after Fallout 2 maybe they're Shi Remants instead? ^^'

If I manage to brave the elements tomorrow I may just have a look see if one of my FLGS' have a T 76 too. As well, if the BOS are pulling out Shermans, by rights the remnants aught to be using some old Communist tanks instead. * Fluffy justifying again. Though the T series tanks are of Communist origin, the ones in use by the remnants weren't imported in large numbers by Chinese forces for the purposes of an invasion. Rather they most likely came from America's ally Russia instead through trade. In the two hundred years since the war though some of these vehicles have fallen into the hands of the remnants, who find they are much more capable of using them over any American tanks.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 10:17:37 PM by Wyrmalla »

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2013, 02:44:56 AM »
I like the idea of the remnant Chinese. And what Is nothing is stopping you from having a communist style community from say up in Alaska invading down south.

Offline emperorpenguin

• Scientist
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2013, 07:43:51 PM »
Yup they'd work fine!

I used Atomic Café Soviets with zombie heads by Brother Vinni (for star emblazoned helmets) for my Chinese Remnants.

What makes you say the Shi were nuked though?  ???
My Fallout Project leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=35048.0

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2013, 09:29:59 PM »
@ emperorpenguin

Well I'm basing that the Shi were nuked by the Enclave as an act of revenge for allowing the Chosen One access to the Oil Tanker from Van Buren. Based on New Vegas elements of the Shi integrated with the NCR (there's several cut Shi citizens), though whether San Francisco became part of the NCR through joining it, or by its survivors joining the NCR, isn't alluded to. However, that Bear Force One exist hints that there's at least some cooperation between the two factions. So it could have been nuked, or it might not have been. Either way members of the Shi exist within the NCR to some degree. Which is to say they might have been nuked, and if so here's some Shi ghouls (or some Shi were ghoulified in one of their experiments/whatever)

So, a brief synopsis of the fluff. I was just pondering a campaign style setting for the stuff I have right now, though what I have is aimed more for games in a generic period.

The year is 2274. The NCR, heading east from its origins in what was the western United States sends a number of expeditionary forces across the newly settled Hoover Dam. The bulk of its force establishes Fort Aradesh, whilst sending further men further east. It is here that the NCR makes contact with its counterpart, Caesar's Legion. Over the following weeks the two forces vie for control of the Colorado's eastern bank, before ultimately the forces of the NCR pull back to the Dam. As much struggle Fort Aradesh is lost, a moral blow to the Republic, and becomes Fort Abandon to the wastelanders.

Two years before the first battle of Hoover Dam (2277) is where I'm aiming for. A time before the Legion has fully taken control of the eastern Colorado. Where there are still some holdouts of tribals left, and factions like the Brotherhood of Steel aren't in full route. This period allows for some of the elements of Van Buren's canon to be present  (Ulysses makes some throw away comments confirming bits of Van Buren as canon), whilst still including bits of New Vegas. Which is to say, for those not caught up on the fluff, the NCR did in fact have its military established in Nevada; they didn't just fortify the Dam and call it quits. However they weren't able to hold it (despite how fortified Fort Aradesh was, though the loss of the Divide also had an effect presumably), and so retreated to the more defensible position of  the Dam.

Aside from that, today I managed to bag myself a T-34 for a tenner. I've yet to give it a proper looksee, but ... mmn smexy. Alongside it I picked up a few WWII Japanese officers to use as Chinese remnants (presumably parts of Japan were annexed by China, or let's just not notice the difference in uniforms-though the one below is a good resemblance actually), a pair of 50's style cars, and some other cars to use as wrecks/ walls, etc.

Wastelanders
Chinese Remnants Officer (Bolt Action, Berlin or Bust, Japanese)

The whole concept of the remnants is a tad un-plausible, but we'll roll with it. I would imagine that this particular group's chosen not to integrate with the wasteland society perhaps due to being suspicious of the locals, or the language barrier (hey how many modern invading armies can't speak the local language?). Why is this Chinese officer carrying a katana? Well perhaps China annexed Japan, and it was a trophy. It could be that he desired to carry a sword, but his own one was lost, so he salvaged one from a post war collection.

Tunel Trogs (Games Workshop, The Hobbit, Goblins)
These were nice enough models to begin with, so I didn't do much to them other than add bases.

Dubbed "Lab Rats" by their master, common wastelanders have taken to naming them Tunnel Trogs instead due to their passing resemblance to their stunted brethren. Driven dangerously mad by the experiments carried out on them, ...

Some regular Trogs have (*sillily) chosen to join up with their band, inhabiting the ruined facility that makes up the Lab Rat's nest's upper levels. The two species having little resemblance to one another, and the Lab Rat's feral nature, makes this relationship at the most temporary however (driven to breaking point of course should a wanderer turn up on their door step one day and start shaking the nest a bit).

Aside from those Trogs that have aligned themselves with the Lab Rats, many have integrated into post war society. The largest group in the Western United States inhabit the NCR, where its multi culturarlist tendencies makes them as welcome as the other post human groups. That said, they are not treated equivocally in all of the settlements of the Republic, and far worse else where. As a result they may roam in family groups through the wastes, commonly taking secluded cave systems for a home (in-spite of the original inhabitants).

Trog Bandits (Games Workshop, Grots with Ghoul heads)

Along with the above models I ah... couldn't really be bothered with them. I dunno, maybe its their size or something, but I did the bare minimum I could with them (how many notice the difference?  ;) ). Meh, I'll touch them up eventually.

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2013, 09:49:44 PM »
@ emperorpenguin

Ah here's the source. Hmn, I feel a little sad that the Shi were nuked. They had a lot of prospects. =/

Chris Avellone : To answer the Enclave question, that's unknown. In the 1st iteration of Van Buren, history was the Enclave nuked the hell out of San Francisco, assuming that the destruction of the oil rig was caused by attackers from that city (and also a way to clean the slate there).

Offline emperorpenguin

• Scientist
« Reply #53 on: December 06, 2013, 11:19:32 PM »
Thanks Wyrmalla

Of course since Van Buren never happened, it's not canon, but a cool route to go down nonetheless

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2013, 07:02:30 AM »
As emperorP said, its not completely set in stone that the Shi were atomized. So you can do what you want with them.

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2013, 06:40:28 PM »
Caesar's Legion
WIP Chariot

Had a go at one of these last night. Its based off of a zvezda model that my FLGS had for some reason. I'm in two minds about giving it a rider however (thus the lack of reins). Though it would look better with one, I don't know if that would be suitable for games. =/

Hey I'm just out of bed. Don't expect me to chuck out a dozen models when I'm still eating my breakfast (...at six in the evening).

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #56 on: December 07, 2013, 07:27:28 PM »
If nothing else it will make great clutter for a Legion camp or an objective for a legion game.

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2013, 01:17:03 AM »
Should I mount the chariot on a base? Again, it would serve better as a gaming piece with one, but I don't know if it would fit much in visually with the rest of my vehicles. I wouldn't normally mount a vehicle on a base, but because its a chariot (which I do) I'm split.

Offline carlos13th

• Mastermind
« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2013, 10:05:11 AM »
Personally I tend to prefer vehicles to be unbiased but thats just me. Maybe make a base for it with small wheel sized recesses in the right place, that way you can slot it in and out of the base without to much trouble.

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #59 on: December 09, 2013, 03:34:41 AM »
I personally am not a fan of based vehicles, but its up to you.