Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:30:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690743
  • Total Topics: 118344
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Help me find: 28mm Victorian: Secret Agents of the Crown by foundry games.  (Read 13667 times)

Offline Irishrover13

• Scientist
  • Most of what I say is lost in translation.
Still a damn sight better than the SPI, who'd take a survey of what games folks would want bundled into the mag, then release the winners as full- priced boxed games.

I've bought forced-scarcity items a few times, but I'm put off by the 'Franklin Mint' mentality of many Kickstarters (not backed one yet), and prefer knowing I may have a chance to replace or match a figure in the future.

Doug

I agree, I hate seeing a mini being oh my gods that is an amazing miniature and then finding out they were limited edition and baring mad luck on e-bay I can't get it.
“You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
― C.S. Lewis

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
Now, lad, you don't want to go agreeing with me. I'm a TERRIBLE curmudgeon.

You'll get yourself a hideous reputation that way...  lol

Doug

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
I have to come clean... I recently spent $40 (though I got lucky and had free shipping) on a re-sold miniature which was a kickstarter exclusive.

Now, in that case, I could have actually had just that mini by buying into the kickstarter for about $25, but I'd missed the campaign at the time. But still.

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline Irishrover13

• Scientist
I have to come clean... I recently spent $40 (though I got lucky and had free shipping) on a re-sold miniature which was a kickstarter exclusive.

Now, in that case, I could have actually had just that mini by buying into the kickstarter for about $25, but I'd missed the campaign at the time. But still.

MY better half would likely push me off the second floor balcony of our apartment if I spent 40 bucks on a single mini. 

Offline Ahistorian

• Mad Scientist
    • A-Historical Wargaming
What if it was a REALLY BIG mini?

Offline Irishrover13

• Scientist
What if it was a REALLY BIG mini?

It depends they are not really nerdy so it would depend on the Mini and what I was doing with it. Though since they found out about bones minis they say I don't need any other big miniatures(oxymoron?) but their inexpensive ones.

Tanks and such I tend to scratch build if they are more then 40 or got a few month with no mini buying to justify it. They have excellent sense with money where as I without my budget would likely buy minis over food. :D
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 06:51:45 PM by Irishrover13 »

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
I was about to say 'tsk, tsk', until I realized I just bought some KS exclusive stuff. Course, it WAS for the daughter's Zombicide collection...  :D

Doug

Offline Peter@BattleScape

• Scientist
Evening All

First I would like to thank all those that wished my daughter well. Even though this is off topic I feel I should give a little update with regards to THAT situation. She is again out of hospital, but after a year the doctors are no closer to a diagnosis let alone a treatment.

Now to the bit that alot of you have been holding your breath over...do I still have any of these packs in stock......the answer is YES, I have 3 packs.

BUT, you will ALL be saddend to know the packs are empty, someone has cut them open and taken the contents. This most likely occurred at one of our last 2 Open Warehouse Days.  This is not the first time that such a deplorable act happend, and it is why we decided to stop the open days. 
What hurts me more is that the last 3 Warehouse days were "by invitation only" so the theif was a supposedly good customer/friend.  I am resonable certain who the culprit was and vengance shall be mine at our next rugby game.

So I am sorry to say that I cannot help this time.

regards

Pete
BattleScape Military Books & Miniatures
www.BattleScape.com.au

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
<snip> 
What hurts me more is that the last 3 Warehouse days were "by invitation only" so the theif was a supposedly good customer/friend.  I am resonable certain who the culprit was and vengance shall be mine at our next rugby game.
<snip>

Hope things turn out well for your daughter.

As for the "friend" - karma happens and the rugby field sounds like a good place for it...

Gracias,

Glenn
Viva Alta California!  Las guerras de España,  Las guerras de las Américas,  Las guerras para la Libertad!

Offline Irishrover13

• Scientist
Evening All

First I would like to thank all those that wished my daughter well. Even though this is off topic I feel I should give a little update with regards to THAT situation. She is again out of hospital, but after a year the doctors are no closer to a diagnosis let alone a treatment.

Now to the bit that alot of you have been holding your breath over...do I still have any of these packs in stock......the answer is YES, I have 3 packs.

BUT, you will ALL be saddend to know the packs are empty, someone has cut them open and taken the contents. This most likely occurred at one of our last 2 Open Warehouse Days.  This is not the first time that such a deplorable act happend, and it is why we decided to stop the open days. 

So I am sorry to say that I cannot help this time.

regards

Pete
Pete I am glad to hear your Daughter is back home and I hope she better soon. I also wish I was on the Rugby Pitch with you when you get your payback, I dislike thieves to began with but I really can't stand greedy thieves.

Cheers,

Daniel

Offline Pijlie

• Mastermind
    • Pijlie's blog
I have the set you're looking for and I am not doing anything urgent with it. Are you still looking? Please PM if you are.
I wish I were a glowworm
'cause glowworms 're never glum
How can you be grumpy
When the sun shines out yer bum?

http://pijlieblog.blogspot.nl/

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
Pete I am glad to hear your Daughter is back home and I hope she better soon. I also wish I was on the Rugby Pitch with you when you get your payback, I dislike thieves to began with but I really can't stand greedy thieves.

Cheers,

Daniel

Isn't Greedy and Thief redundant?  

Yes, I don't even know how to play Rugby but I would like to be on the sidelines cheering.  

Of course, I have been told/chastised that "innocent until proven guilty" and "vigilante justice" apply here - from a non-war gamer/miniatures person who may be right but... still...

Gracias,

Glenn

Back on topic, how do you handle dealing with LE type figures other than EvilBay prices?

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Mixed good and bad on the daughter, I see. I know it's not satisfying, but to some extent, I'm of the 'hoping you never find out' camp. Sometimes these weird things just go away, never to return, never to be explained.

What hurts me more is that the last 3 Warehouse days were "by invitation only" so the theif[sic] was a supposedly good customer/friend.  I am resonable[sic[ certain who the culprit was and vengance[sic] shall be mine at our next rugby game.

Sorry, wasn't commenting on typos, just thinking how we occasionally speak to our hounds. 'Sic 'em!'

Wow, we've had our share of thefts at the store, but the thought of a trusted regular...  :o

Hell, we've got a jar/plate for people to toss money in for snacks, and we usually are ahead. (Apparently, some folk think our 'shark' is for loose change or tips...)

Well, should you actually recover same, and while there are certainly those in line ahead of me, if anyone is squeamish about a few spots of blood on 'em, or large, caked gobbets, keep me in mind.  ;)

Doug

Offline Irishrover13

• Scientist
Beast, I only want the married couple and Holmes so if he finds one set we can split the different I would even give you Holmes just ot get the married couple/

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
Rover, Pijlie just posted above that he has a set available. Maybe you could work something out?