Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:40:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690723
  • Total Topics: 118343
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Would you play..  (Read 6989 times)

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
Would you play..
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2006, 12:04:18 PM »
Quote from: "WitchfinderGeneral"
I wouldn't because the close combat system is a pain in a situation with multiple combatants and it isn't so cineastic and exciting as I'd expect for swashbuckling action (especially when you're fighting on a ship with all the rigging and very much possibilities for actions).

I agree, (if the LOTOW cc-system resembles LOTR, as I have com to expect).

I play a lot of LOTR, and as soon as more than a dozen or so minis participate on each side, it's really slow. I like, though, that the fight can swing back and forth, without 2/3 of the involved minis dead after each turn....
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline Mike D. Mc Brice

• Mad Scientist
  • Lead Painters League Winner
Would you play..
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2006, 02:27:39 PM »
I like the idea, WHW games tend to draw lots of new people into a period and manufacturers will react with new figure releases. Whilst the games might not be the golden egg for anybody they usually have solid and well working rules mechanisms. I also appreciate the fact that they are geared towards games that don't need lots of preparation so you can just meet up and an enjoyable time playing figures.
And good productions values are surely a plus, some other rules publishers could learn a lot from what WHW is doing.
Nobody will prevent people from using any other rules next to WHW products.  

If they do it I'd like to see lots of nice szenarios. Ship combat would be a plus, at least some good entering actions.

Offline W.B.Kurgan

• Scientist
Would you play..
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2006, 03:39:29 PM »
Quote from: "Driscoles"
A GW pirate game based on the LOTOW would sure be a success and its maybe interesting for some people but honestly who needs it ? Why buying it ? Only because its in colour ! Or for collectors purpose ?

I would buy it! Even If I never played the LotOW-based Pirate game I'd still want the WHH rules because they will look great and be inspirational.  I'll carry on using the rules I play now - because they are the rules my group like to use, but it can't hurt to see other peoples "take" on the genre.

Quote from: "Operator5"
The best thing about GW coming out with a Pirate ruleset will be the proliferation of new figure types as manufacturers try and latch onto any success it may have.

Totally agree!
Mein Flugzeug ist kaputt!