Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 05:07:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689218
  • Total Topics: 118264
  • Online Today: 500
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: INEPTT AAR  (Read 1552 times)

Offline Shawnt63

• Scientist
  • If we don't end war, war will end us.
INEPTT AAR
« on: January 14, 2014, 12:39:31 AM »
Well what a game! In my final preparations for the release of INEPTT and also preparations for running participation games all day at a local convention, we had a great run of INEPTT.
I will be running two different types of scenarios and Genres at the convention. One mission will be a "Search and Destroy" Genre 3 (1960 to 2020) game and we have that one already done and good to go. The second is the one we played last night and is a ZOMBIE Horde game in Genre 2 (1930 to 1960). Right now Genre two equipment really only covers WW2 and that is the time frame we worked from.

The mission was for Special Occult Operations Forces (SOOF - the forerunner of INEPTT) to find out what happened in the small French Village of Petitte Gouave.

The Village of Pettite Gouave - none of the villagers had been seen since the gas cloud was noticed!

Eerily quiet, the tiny picturesque village is a ghost town!

Observation personnel and aircraft had spotted a strangely coloured cloud over Petitte Gouave which indicated a possible chemical weapon, however when INTEL was notified of the colour of the cloud SOOF was sent in place of regular forces.

Four SOOF teams converged on Petitte Gouave, utilizing road and rail transport to ensure all western approaches to the town were covered.

Able Team arrives via road transport.

Bravo team, arriving by road - quickly disembark to search for villagers or any signs of life!

Charlie and Delta teams arrive by train.

All teams commenced a house by house search for the villagers with absolutely no success!

Where is everybody Sergeant!

Clear! And I don't know if that's a good thing!

Suddenly a moaning and groaning breaks out from the woods and buildings of Petitte Gouave!

The villagers (evidently killed by the toxic cloud) were reanimated and attacking the SOOF teams! More than 50 walking corpses attacked the Soldiers and in the ensuing bloody melees and gun fire the SOOF soldiers proved their ability that was reinforced by years of hard training!

Each team fought its own running battle trying to stem the undead tide and slowly but surely they succeeded. Collapsing down towards the train station the SOOF teams were able to extract themselves from some pretty nasty positions but not before they had lost a couple of their own!

Casualties amounted to two killed and 4 wounded out of 19 SOOF Operatives.

Great game - have to do some minor changes which we will test next weekend before taking it to the convention but over all the game was a resounding success and the lads had a blast! Game time was approx. 50 minutes total but we never went at it hard the whole time so I think 45 minutes is expected time for the game. Board was 4 x 4, 19 SOOF figures and about 60 Zombies.
To join INEPTT Yahoo Group email me at - inep-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
or visit the site here - https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/INEP/info