Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:50:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: El Cid lists  (Read 1894 times)

Offline Silent bob

• Scientist
El Cid lists
« on: March 01, 2014, 08:06:14 AM »
Hi,

Many years ago I had the El Cid book by Warhammer but I left it behind when i moved clubs (well more accurately moved house and stopped 'real' gaming but kept painting).

I collect small armies for SAGA, WHAB etc etc - mainly to paint figures (but maybe with the intention of turning my son to the 'dark side')

Does anyone have a link to a WAB website that has basic lists for Andalusian/Amloravid armies

Why WAB? - well 2 reasons - the first being I  know the rules and am used to the simple system involved (and I still have a copy of my WHAB rules) and the second being as the rules work quite well with small forces (skirmish sized games)

Thanks

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
Re: El Cid lists
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 08:19:52 AM »
Hi,

Many years ago I had the El Cid book by Warhammer but I left it behind when i moved clubs (well more accurately moved house and stopped 'real' gaming but kept painting).

I collect small armies for SAGA, WHAB etc etc - mainly to paint figures (but maybe with the intention of turning my son to the 'dark side')

Does anyone have a link to a WAB website that has basic lists for Andalusian/Amloravid armies

Why WAB? - well 2 reasons - the first being I  know the rules and am used to the simple system involved (and I still have a copy of my WHAB rules) and the second being as the rules work quite well with small forces (skirmish sized games)

Thanks

Warhammer Historical closed down quite some time ago I'm afraid. As far as I'm aware there are no links on the net as their website has ceased to exist too. sorry I couldn't be the bringer of better news  :(.

Darrell.

Darrell.

Offline Silent bob

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 09:26:19 AM »
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I realise that WHAB has ceased to exist (they paid me off for one of my writing projects before they went under) - I would have re-bought the El Cid book but they are now going for silly money on e-bay etc.

I had a full 2000 point Almoravid army some years ago (well actually I two - I collected a GB one and fell out with the figures, so I re-collected it with Artizan) - unfortunately I have ditched the files/Army lists many years ago of my computer.

I keep finding hints off various forums etc, so i should be able to piece a list together.

Cheers

Offline Mr Brown

• Scientist
    • Speartips and Spaceships
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 08:53:38 PM »
You could always try the WAB forum. There are hundreds of lists in the WAB Forum army books which are available for download. Just checked and there are feudal Spanish lists in there. Obviously these aren't from the Elysium Cid book itself but would be a good starting point.

Offline pocoloco

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 01:08:13 PM »
I have the El Cid book so I can check up info for you, just PM with details so I know what to look for.

As a sidenote, the WAB El Cid book is still available from my FLGS, priced at 20€. It was on sale last month for 7€(!) but now the month has changed and the price went back up. They have other WAB books available besides the El Cid:

Age of Arthur 31€
Alexander the Great 28€
Art of War 31€
Byzantium 28€
Chariot Wars 20€
Fall of the West 20€
Hannibal and the Punic Wars 28€
Shieldwall 24€
Spartacus 20€
Vlad the Impaler 31€
WAB rulebook 1.0 28€
Warhammer ECW 28€
Warmaster Ancients 31€
Warmaster Ancients Armies 28€

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2014, 01:14:13 PM »
One way around it if you want lists etc is to download the free army builder from wolfs lair, then download install the wab lists, you wont be able to build armies as it has limited use but will give you the make up of the lists stat lines etc

http://www.wolflair.com/rightframe.php?context=army_builder&page=supplemental_downloads
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 01:16:18 PM by Lowtardog »

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2014, 05:02:16 PM »
One way around it if you want lists etc is to download the free army builder from wolfs lair, then download install the wab lists, you wont be able to build armies as it has limited use but will give you the make up of the lists stat lines etc

http://www.wolflair.com/rightframe.php?context=army_builder&page=supplemental_downloads

Great idea. I've got a copy of AB2 and AB3 (which I can't use as it's licensed for just two computers and I'm now on my third since buying the AB software). I guess it's not illegal if I can print out a list with AB2 and send you a copy of my chosen list???

Darrell.

Offline Silent bob

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2014, 10:43:10 PM »
I'd like to thank you all for your help - I have now been sent the relevant lists

Cheers