Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:24:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: T&T Boshin War (1868-69)  (Read 91972 times)

Offline rokurota

• Mastermind
    • Bac Ninh Miniatures
T&T Boshin War (1868-69)
« on: January 24, 2014, 09:00:25 PM »
I'm planing use the colonial suplement for the Boshin War (1868-69). Has anyone gamed the Boshin War with these rules? 
If so, have you made any modifications?

Twitter account @BacNinh_Minis

Offline Driscoles

• The Dude
  • Galactic Brain
Re: T&T Boshin War (1868-69)
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 10:14:37 AM »
This sounds really interesting. Please keep us informed about your experience.
Thank you !
Björn
, ,

Offline rokurota

• Mastermind
    • Bac Ninh Miniatures
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2014, 10:44:18 AM »
Any suggestion?

former user

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2014, 10:52:30 AM »
No, I did not try Boshin war.
however, I once used all available rules of T&T and made a colonial game between african tribes alone, where there were only a few muskets - I did not have to tweak much, it went perfectly smooth and also was fun to game - I tried out Zulu vs Maassai tactics.

also, not long ago, forumite @steam flunky arranged a version called triumph&trolls&tragedy or so with rules that went pretty well for several fantasy scenarios.
maybe he posted it on the forum, I can't remember

Offline Driscoles

• The Dude
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2014, 11:12:31 AM »
Hi,

I can not give you ideas for army lists. Because I know not much about Japan in the 19th century.
But from what I know I would include Samurais, Ninjas, Military advisors. I just read a bit at Wikipedia and I think your idea is sweet  :)

If you need help about rules questions or how to connect special skills with units I might help you.

Cheers
Björn

Offline rokurota

• Mastermind
    • Bac Ninh Miniatures
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2014, 06:50:53 PM »
This is my first unit for T&T Boshin War, they are Chosu troops loyalist to the Emperor and as you can see the separate heads really give a lot of variations.
I'm planning to make a Boshin War army list for T&T and a scenario based on The Battle of Bonari Pass.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 07:53:36 PM by rokurota »

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2014, 08:56:57 PM »
This is my first unit for T&T Boshin War, they are Chosu troops loyalist to the Emperor and as you can see the separate heads really give a lot of variations.
I'm planning to make a Boshin War army list for T&T and a scenario based on The Battle of Bonari Pass.

They look bloomin' fantastic mate  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Darrell.

Offline rokurota

• Mastermind
    • Bac Ninh Miniatures
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2014, 05:45:40 PM »
Glad you like them. :) :)

Offline Driscoles

• The Dude
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2014, 02:23:20 PM »
Very nice looking.

please write your army list. I am sure people wait for it !!

Offline rokurota

• Mastermind
    • Bac Ninh Miniatures
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2014, 11:15:01 PM »
Many thanks!
About the army list, maybe I need your help. ;)

Offline Driscoles

• The Dude
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2014, 05:50:07 AM »
I will do my very best !

Offline rokurota

• Mastermind
    • Bac Ninh Miniatures
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2014, 11:02:33 AM »
Hi Driscoles,

I have some questions about weapons that I will include in the army list:

- Muzzle-loading rifle: I have thought to put the same attributes that the musket, will change something, for example the range? 

- Breech-loading rifle: I have thought to put the same attributes that the rifle,  but will need one turn to reload. What do you think?

- Gatling gun: Some suggestion?

Offline Turbo-Ben

• Scientist
    • Partisan-Con Mannheim
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2014, 11:08:03 AM »
There are stats for the gatling gun in the colonial supplement, I just can't find my copy at the moment... :?

Offline rokurota

• Mastermind
    • Bac Ninh Miniatures
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2014, 11:26:04 AM »
There are stats for the gatling gun in the colonial supplement, I just can't find my copy at the moment... :?

Is true, the stats are in colonial supplement, mine has missing >:(, maybe I must be order another copy.

Offline Driscoles

• The Dude
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2014, 05:57:15 PM »
Seems like Colonial Supplement is popular. Green Knights copy was stolen at a Convention while he presented his Samurai game.

Anyway... I will give you the stats and I am glad to help you  !

Gatling, Nordenfelt
and Gardner Guns
The most successful precursors to the modern machine-guns were the Gatling, Nordenfelt and Gardner guns, as well as (to some extent) the French “Mitrailleuse”.
Since these guns operated on a different basis than later models based on the Maxim mechanism, we suggest modifying the rate of fire as follows:
·   You may choose to use either Slow Fire (3 shooting dice) or Maximum Fire (4 shooting dice) rates.
·   Slow fire is pretty secure. The gun will only jam if you roll two or more ones on the shooting dice, in which case it is “out of ammo” and may not shoot during the next turn.
·   Maximum Fire increases the rate of fire, but presents a serious strain to the mechanism, resulting in considerable danger of running out of ammo, jamming or even destroying the weapon.
·   If any of your four shooting dice rolls a one, the gun is out of ammo and may not fire the next activation.
·   If you roll a double one (“snake eyes”) on the shooting dice, the weapon malfunctions immediately and you cannot shoot this and the next turn. Any hits incurred on the shooting dice are ignored.
·   If you roll a triple one the gun is severely damaged and cannot be used any longer during this game.
·   Gatling, Gardner and Nordenfelt guns use the range and modifier stats for Heavy Machine Guns from the rulebook weapons chart, are treated as HMGs for movement as well, and inflict additional Suppression Markers just like HMGs (see the main rulebook for details).
·   Gatling, Gardner and Nordenfelt guns cost 25 Points per piece. Additionally, you must purchase a gun crew, which may number from 3 to 5 figures. For every crew member above three, you may re-roll one of your shooting dice (i.e. with a crew of four, you may re-roll one, with five, two of the shooting dice).

Muzzle loading rifle. I would change the range. When we played our Sharpes Rifle games with T+T. The player had to play a reload action to reload his Musket. The weapon was ready the next activation.

I would keep it simple. Leave the rifle as it is.

I was also thinking of going much more into detail for all the different weapons but I didnt. It is still an option I am thinking of. For our WW1 games we had the problem with the German rifle and the accurate rifle fire of the BEF troops of 1914. We found the solution in spending more Suppression marker on the target unit. Rerolls or two shots per round were an option but would unbalance the game too much IMHO....

Best
Bjoern