Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 05:31:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: New range "2nd Afghan War  (Read 5010 times)

Offline Von Stroheim

• Scientist
New range "2nd Afghan War
« on: January 26, 2014, 02:36:20 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=763132393715665

Apologies if someone has posted on this topic before but Artizans new range for 2014  is the 2nd Afghan War - Northstar have the above and a mountain gun and Mg  pictured on their facebook page

Offline Ray Earle

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: New range "2nd Afghan War
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 03:18:18 PM »
Saw these, haven't seen them mentioned yet. Nick had commented that they have a decent amount of these lined up for release for both sides.  :D
Ray.

"They say I killed six or seven men for snoring. It ain't true. I only killed one man for snoring."

Offline axabrax

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 04:45:07 PM »
Perfect sculptor for this period

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2014, 05:17:20 PM »
Oh wow!

Going to make it tough to choose between this lot and Empress for my Pathans.

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2014, 06:06:17 PM »
I remember Mike talking about doing a 2nd Afghan War range about 10 years ago! Glad he's finally found the time to do it.
Will these be for North Star, or under his own Artizan brand I wonder?
(The line seems to be becoming increasingly hazy, as Mike sculpts for North Star - amongst others - whilst North Star distribute and retail his own Artizan lines... )

Offline Ray Earle

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2014, 07:40:09 PM »
I just hope they release them in one go, packs for both sides, rather than the months of bloody previewing there usually are.   >:(

Oh look we've got all this nice shiny stuff to sell you but we're not going to until you've spent ages looking at the bloody photos...

Offline Romark

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2014, 09:08:04 PM »
This seems like it could be good news for collectors of Mutineer miniatures Mutiny range as some of the afghans may be usable in that earlier conflict,those miniatures with any muskets and tulwars or course,Mike Owen being the designer of that range as well  I believe.

Offline TheMarquis

• Bookworm
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2014, 03:37:48 PM »
Great news! Just as I was thinking of getting into the period! Have been having a look at the other ranges, Empress, Studio Miniatures, Perry, Foundry, and I think Artizan will be a great addition. I've bought Artizan figures in the past and have been really impressed with them. Can't wait to hear more about this range and hopefully some more pictures!

Offline joroas

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2014, 03:55:25 PM »
For a change, it would be nice to see a company finish off their other ranges before embarking on a new one!!!!!
'So do all who see such times. But that is not for us to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that we are given.'

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2014, 04:00:23 PM »
I am surprised WW1 hasnt reared its head, I know he did a good range of sculpts for Renegade however they are closed atm and there is a gap there with the 100th anniversary in the offing :D

Offline joroas

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2014, 04:02:49 PM »
Artizan have a WWI range already...... :D

Offline Maichus

• Scientist
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2014, 05:03:34 PM »
I am surprised WW1 hasnt reared its head, I know he did a good range of sculpts for Renegade however they are closed atm and there is a gap there with the 100th anniversary in the offing :D

I think there are others, who'll be more than happy to fill the gap.  ;)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 05:24:51 PM by Maichus »

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2014, 06:03:18 PM »
For a change, it would be nice to see a company finish off their other ranges before embarking on a new one!!!!!

I guess that is influenced by which side of mix you are on - If I see a new line coming out in something I have interest in then I probably want them to produce the new figures while someone with an incomplete army probably justifiably agrees with you.  I think it would be refreshing (if not really ideal from the army builder viewpoint)  if a company came out and said something like, "I/my sculptor hates making cavalry so I am going to do just infantry and a cannon  or two."  Which might actually almost work for much of the Spanish-American War land combat.  Then you would know what to plan around for your armies.

Also, I suspect some companies/sculptors like to work on a variety of figures at any given moment.  While it might seem logical top do all 20 unique sculpts for the Infantry of <fill ion the blank> it might get boring doing the same uniform 20 different times in one string of work.  Whereas, "5 of this, 3 of that, 2 of those," might string out our interests but it might also help a sculptor from burn out.  Just a thought that struck me...

Ideally, yes, a company would produce all the Combinations (or is it Permutations?) of figures for an army plus the same for their opponents in all applicable arms at one go but I don't remember that ever happening.  Anyone think of an example where that happened in a timely manner?

Gracias,

Glenn
Viva Alta California!  Las guerras de España,  Las guerras de las Américas,  Las guerras para la Libertad!

Offline Phil Robinson

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • http://newsfromthefront-phil.blogspot.com/
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2014, 06:20:42 PM »

More chance of spotting a unicorn or me finishing a project before starting a new one lol

Offline Marine0846

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2014, 03:21:45 AM »
I like the look of the one figure I saw on Facebook.
I wonder how they match up with the Foundry figures?
Semper Fi, Mac