Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:12:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Crisis in Ukuechana. My modern warfare project.  (Read 11634 times)

Offline Big Martin Back

• Scientist
Re: Crisis in Ukuechana. My modern warfare project.
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2014, 01:25:31 PM »
??? whah?

As in not "embassy's" as shown in the "headline".
Tutenes, Atque Cujus Exercitus?

Offline gimzod

• Scientist
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2014, 09:58:58 PM »
The lads from tenth platoon the kings regiment. All ready for the game i have planned for Leeds this year.

Offline gimzod

• Scientist
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2014, 10:00:55 PM »
As in not "embassy's" as shown in the "headline".

Which i have now corrected.

Offline gimzod

• Scientist
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2016, 04:52:13 PM »
Hey guys.

Really long time no update. Still I have some new unit pics to put up shortly. Still for now I've finally written the info about how this whole civil war got started.

Enjoy.

For the people of Ukuechanan, the civil war came out of nowhere even if it had been simmering under the surface for years. For most them the day that marked the beginning of the war seemed no different than any other. People went to work, dropped the kids off at school and went on with their lives in the busy capital city of Ispturg.

Even the sight of police roadblocks with army backup barely raised a few eyebrows. Speica terrorists or the ULPA ( Ukuechana people's liberation army.) must have been up to something and the police and the military were there to keep them safe. Only a few noticed the military were not the capital city's military units, but members of the seventh army from the north.

Around eleven o’clock shots were heard near the presidential palace. The emergency broadcast system declared a state of emergency and martial law was declared. For a few students from the local university though who had noticed what was going on. Slowly they made their way to the presidential palace documenting the massive number of troops making their way there.

Upon finding  good spot, they recorded a short video that was on the net in minutes. The seventh army was assaulting the palace, but were meeting stiff resistance from the presidential guard.

Across the city, the broadcasting center of the national news station was stormed by a small team of spetnaz and members of the army cadets freeing the broadcasting team who had been held in their office under guard by armed police. Captain Yermola took over the broadcast informing the country and the world what was going on.

Troops and police under the command of the nation's war hero general Mitrofan had seized command of the capital and were besieging the fort and presidential palace. Calling on every army, airforce and navy unit to come and relive the capital and save the president. He was cut off shortly after. His spetnaz team and the squad of army cadets accompanying them died defending the broadcast station.

At the fort, the defenders of the second army despite being heavily outnumbered were holding out against the ultranationalist forces. For two days they and the troops defending the place held their ground hoping the reinforcements were coming.

Only the first army and the thirty-fifth naval infantry brigade attempted to relieve the capital. Both ran into units of the seventh dug in surrounding the capital. They made no progress.

As the third day dawned over the city the palace defenders prepared to make their last stand. As the rumble of APC surged forward, another sound echoed around the place. The leading apc erupted in a pillar of flame as a volley of missiles fired from two Harrier GR7 exploded into the attacking forces.

Two AgustaWestland AW101 appeared in the sky dropping a squad of special boat service and a platoon of royal marines onto the place roof. Reinforcements had arrived courtesy of the royal navy. President Aytac Ctvrtnik and the rest of the government was evacuated as the Marines and SBS held the attacks back.

The first army also launched a fresh attack breaking through the sevenths defence line and rushed to relieve the defenders of the fort.

With the president out of there reach of the attacker and the fort back under government control, the seventh army pulled back and began a long retreat north.

On board HMS vigilance, the Ukuechana government began to look over what they had. Most of their armed forces had refused to help relieve the capital and they soon found out why. General Mitrofan broadcast over the airwaves declaring an end to the rule of President Aytac calling her a puppet of foreign rule and calling on all true Ukuechana to join him in removing the foreign puppet.

Over three-quarters of the army sided with him ever holding their positions or moving to join general Mitrofan in the city of Umplor in the north of the city.

Knowing there forces wouldn't be enough president Aytac asked for foreign aid. Extremely quickly the UIIF  (Ukuechana international intervention force.) was created and units began to deploy to help the government forces.

As units began to arrive additional details emerged. The British and German embassies had been stormed and the staff were missing. Britain and Germany began deploying forces as the fourth Marine expeditionary unit arrived from the middle east to assist.

Battle lines began to be drawn as the government forces and UIIF engaged the ultra-nationalist troops who had been bolstered by the militias and the elements of the UPLA.

The crisis in Ukuechana has truly begun.

Offline gimzod

• Scientist
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2016, 07:30:47 PM »
American vehicles including multiple humvees, trucks and two of the Abrahams Hellhammer

Arkham national guard platoon.

Regular Ukuechana army with transport.

Ukuechana Spetsnaz

A selection of Ukuechana armoured vehicles.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 07:45:40 PM by gimzod »

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2016, 07:57:17 PM »
Love the write up and the photos.
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous