Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:15:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: The Lead Painters League Season 8 - Rules  (Read 48301 times)

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
Re: The Lead Painters League Season 8 - Rules
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2014, 07:03:08 AM »
Q.  Wargods of Olympus - Spartans and Mycenaeans acceptable?  (Obviously NOT the Mythology figures, but "humans.")

Malcolm, we're fine with it, feel free to use the Spartan or Mycenean human figures of the Wargods range. I don't know the ranges very good, obviously it wouldn't be allowed for any kind of wizards or such but I think you're speaking about warriors.

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2014, 07:12:24 AM »
are amazons acceptable for a round 5 entry

Without wanting to start a discussion like "Did the Amazons exist?", I say they're not acceptable as long as you're talking about the mythological version of them. Of course it would be allowed to use e.g. the Scythian female archers from Foundry. In any case feel free to contact us before you're going to paint anything amazon-like for the round, just to avoid any misundertandings.

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2014, 07:37:38 AM »
Different than originally planned we have cut the second teams out of the bonus rounds, just to lower the stress level and to avoid the problem of necessity for show a lot of figures on a single shot. The example has been written before this alteration in the rules. I agree, it's better to simplify the examples. Already done.

Good call.

Offline Dr. Moebius

• Scientist
  • - per aspera ad astra -
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2014, 07:53:16 AM »
Hello,

I need clarity on the deadlines please.

Pictures of the first three teams by 17th of March, understood.

But what are the deadlines for the other 7 teams?
When I like to get maximum bonus points it would be best to paint up another 7 teams. What is then the deadline to send in the pictures for these?

Thanks in advance.

Dr. Moebius

Offline Turbo-Ben

• Scientist
    • Partisan-Con Mannheim
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2014, 07:57:27 AM »
Hello,

I need clarity on the deadlines please.

Pictures of the first three teams by 17th of March, understood.

But what are the deadlines for the other 7 teams?
When I like to get maximum bonus points it would be best to paint up another 7 teams. What is then the deadline to send in the pictures for these?

Thanks in advance.

Dr. Moebius

Its all written here:

15. Timings, Registration and Deadlines

The first round of the eight season will start on Sunday 23rd March, 2014.

Entries to any round must be received by 12.00 GMT on the Saturday before the next round opens on Sunday / Monday.

Which means that you have to get your first three entries in at lpl@leadadventureforum.com until 12.00 GMT on Saturday 22nd March.

The deadlines for Season Eight will be as follows:

Round 1  - Saturday 22nd March
Round 2  - Saturday 22nd March
Round 3  - Saturday 22nd March
Round 4  - Saturday 12th April
Round 5  - Saturday 19th April
Round 6  - Saturday 26th April
Round 7  - Saturday 3rd May
Round 8  - Saturday 10th May
Round 9  - Saturday 17th May
Round 10 - Saturday 24th May

Offline Dr. Moebius

• Scientist
  • - per aspera ad astra -
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2014, 08:16:56 AM »
 lol

Yes it is. I´ve seen it some seconds later after my post.

Hopefully I´m better in painting miniatures than in reading rules and understanding them.

I´m getting older...

Cheers
Dr. Moebius

Offline Orctrader

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Orctrader's Painted Figures
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2014, 12:08:56 PM »
Malcolm, we're fine with it, feel free to use the Spartan or Mycenean human figures of the Wargods range. I don't know the ranges very good, obviously it wouldn't be allowed for any kind of wizards or such but I think you're speaking about warriors.

Clear.  Thanks.   :)

Offline Quirkworthy

• Scientist
  • Quirkworthy
    • Quirkworthy
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2014, 12:37:40 PM »
Please don't get that wrong, we won't be searching through the internet and looking for rule violations, this one is more a reminder than rule. We think it's unsporting to drum all the relatives, friends and workmates to vote for oneself. LPL is a competition for active LAF member not for the rest of the world. But as usual at the end of the day it's your decision what to do.

If I can get myself organised I would like to try my hand at the LPL this year. As with most gaming stuff I do I'd mention it on my blog, which I'd hope was OK. Having not painted for a decade and seeing the standard on here, I'm not expecting to win even if I did get everyone I know to vote for me (which I won't). However, the whole thing is too exciting to keep under my hat, and even if I tried someone would be bound to mention it. And anyway, this seems like the perfect opportunity to advertise the LAF to anyone who doesn't already know about it :)

So as with the previous poster, I suppose I'm really just asking for clarification on what is OK to post? Is "it's your decision" the whole ruling?

Apologies for picking at nits, but I'd rather ask in advance so I can get it right rather than have an argument about it afterwards.

Offline Blue in vt

• Mastermind
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2014, 12:49:20 PM »
@Q.... I certainly understand your desire to "share" your figuress on your blog. However the standard policy is to not post them up until after they have finished competing for the week so you can put up your round one photos at the beginning of round two once round one has finished voting.  That way there is less likelyhood of shinanagines.

You can certainly talk about the LPL on your blog whenever you'd like it's just the pictures of the actual competing teams that are in question here.

I hope that makes sense! :)

Blue
My Painting/Collecting Blog: http://bluesmarauders.blogspot.com/

"Jesus weeps when people buy resin." ...Hammers March 2012

Offline Quirkworthy

• Scientist
  • Quirkworthy
    • Quirkworthy
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2014, 01:36:38 PM »
@Q.... I certainly understand your desire to "share" your figuress on your blog. However the standard policy is to not post them up until after they have finished competing for the week so you can put up your round one photos at the beginning of round two once round one has finished voting.  That way there is less likelyhood of shinanagines.

You can certainly talk about the LPL on your blog whenever you'd like it's just the pictures of the actual competing teams that are in question here.

I hope that makes sense! :)

Blue

Sorry, I wasn't talking about putting up pictures. I understand and agree entirely with the "no pics while that week's contest is live" rule. Not a problem at all. I was thinking more of something about the contest in general and a link to the rounds. I'd save any "making of" stuff for afterwards. Sounds like that would be OK  :)

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2014, 01:59:08 PM »
Sorry, I wasn't talking about putting up pictures. I understand and agree entirely with the "no pics while that week's contest is live" rule. Not a problem at all. I was thinking more of something about the contest in general and a link to the rounds. I'd save any "making of" stuff for afterwards. Sounds like that would be OK  :)

Yes, linking to the rounds would be OK. Asking for votes would be not OK.

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2014, 02:15:15 PM »

IIRC, I’ve once sold painted figures which were, in part at least, competing in the LPL. I didn’t post pictures of the figures for sale and, instead, ask interested parties to ask for pictures via emails. With each rounds running for a week only, it’s easy to wait and post pictures later if you’re not in a rush to show them to the world…
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline Quirkworthy

• Scientist
  • Quirkworthy
    • Quirkworthy
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2014, 02:25:10 PM »
Yes, linking to the rounds would be OK. Asking for votes would be not OK.

Thanks

Offline Neldoreth

• Mastermind
    • An Hour of Wolves and Shattered Shields
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2014, 03:04:15 PM »
A question about:

It is FORBIDDEN to provide additional close ups.

Is it forbidden also to provide front and back shots? The reason I ask is that sometimes there is detail on the back that isn't visible from a single angle. Or if it's a unit base, sometimes there's detail from a top angle as opposed to a side angle. Or should I just pist the best angle for all of the figures and compose the single shot?

Here's an example, that's the same figure from two angles:

Thanks
n

Offline Lt. Hazel

• Mastermind
    • The Leutnant´s Diary
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2014, 03:06:36 PM »
I like the Choice of Bonus rounds and the lower number of figures required. Count me in this time. May be I can steal the big fishes some votes!  :D
Nelderoth: I am pretty sure it is forbidden. But you can left the backs unpainted if in a hurry this way...
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 03:08:57 PM by Lt. Hazel »