Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:29:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: In the bright dystopian future there is only CYBERPUNK (Update: March 5 '24)  (Read 127609 times)

Offline Earther

• Mastermind
  • Sat at my Mac, lusting after lead…
Re: In the bright dystopian future there is only CYBERPUNK
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2014, 04:40:20 PM »
While I'm looking forward to more eye-candy as this project develops, I'm intrigued at the idea of using Pulp Alley for Cyberpunk games. Hopefully you guys will post your amendments to the rules at some point. ;)

Offline Ray Rivers

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2014, 06:26:53 PM »
Wow!

The buildings and minis are really awesome!  :-*

Offline sundayhero

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2014, 08:45:52 PM »
Cyberpunk universe is something interesting me too. I started to collect minis for a future project. Warzone mercenaries and heretics, Urban war androids and cyber enhanced soldiers, necromunda spyrers and vansaar, etc...

Really cool setup you have !

Offline Michka

• Mastermind
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2014, 07:34:52 AM »
What a fantastic set of terrain and miniatures. I love the colors you use for your buildings, more Akira then Blade Runner. This is not a bad thing. The problem I kept running into with my Cyberpunk project was I couldn't choose which way to go.

The idea of using Pulp Alley for Cyberpunk is brilliant. I think a pulp game is the perfect system for this genre. I'm really looking forward toil seeing how this all turns out.

Offline Dr. Kevin Moon III esq.

• Mad Scientist
    • My Blog
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2014, 11:02:26 AM »
They look fantastic - keep us updated!

Offline tomogui

• Scientist
  • Treading softly.
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2014, 11:22:58 AM »
Wow, love the brightness of the paintwork coupled with the dingy dirty aspects you've added! And the attention to tiny detail is fantastic: lots of little "Easter eggs" for people who take the time to look closely, which is a great way to do terrain.

I've never really gamed Cyberpunk with minis, but this is definitely a thread to watch. Looking very good indeed so far.

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2014, 07:16:28 PM »
Cheers lads! Concerning the rules...I have mailed Dave my set of rules which I have so far. This includes Cyberspace, cybernetics (which replace gear), Riggers and drones (an extra option for backup), Combat drugs (which replace contacts) and some new abilities and perks.
For Cyberspace it is similar to Shadowrun. So you have a 'sideboard' to represent Cyberspace. Whenever a hacker accesses Cyberspace, place his "Avatar" on the Cyberspace grid. The Avatar basically is a separate character which you generate along with the hacker. The Avatar can move and attack normally in Cyberspace and he can also release programs (Brute Force=attack; Firewall=defense; System Tools=resourceful). To make it easy to see what class they are we have a color code. Blue = Avatar, red = Brute Force, green = Firewall, yellow = System Tools. I don't really see Leaders being mastermind hacking nerds, so we reversed the Cyberspace classes linked to the normal class. So a Leader hacker makes a Follower class Avatar and a Follower hacker makes a Leader class Avatar. Gives a nice twist I think.
Nothing is set in stone, but it gives you an idea where it's all going.

If you want to take a look at the Cyberspace grid we made, check this link. (NB! It's several Mb big)
http://paintoholic.nl/cyberalley/cyberspace3.pdf
(I need to tweak the grid here and there but it's almost done)

At the moment I am working on some scatter scenery (the VOID stuff). I painted these about 10 years ago, but it's time to rework these to make them look better and more gritty. I'll post a photo within a few days!
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2014, 03:26:51 AM »
That terrain is amazing! And I'm really liking your new rules ideas.  :-* :-*

HAVE FUN

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2014, 04:11:13 AM »
Cyberpunk geek that I am, I would be supremely interested in Cyber Alley rules variation/expansion.

Offline Papa Spanky

• Scientist
    • Geek in the Basement
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2014, 06:04:56 AM »
Love your attention to detail. Those buildings are ace. Glad to hear you and Dave might get something together for an expansion. I "house rule" Pulp Alley for Sci-fi, modern, and PA games so this has me very interested.

Offline Gibby

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2014, 05:11:10 PM »
Amazing work! Those buildings look perfect for the setting!

Offline Relic

• Mad Scientist
  • www.lead-space.net
    • Personal hobby blog
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2014, 05:56:50 PM »
thats some awesome work you have done! Love that Cyberpunk feel of those buildings and minis

Offline Bahir

• Scientist
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2014, 06:44:03 PM »
Ooh!  Nice stuff!  I like the way you push the paint around.

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2014, 07:14:02 AM »
Cheers for the comments people!

Another update, but a bit of a cheater this time...I repainted some old scenery I had to make it more dirty and grimy. The scenery pieces were painted years ago (some even ten years ago when I played VOID 1.1) and they were quite useful for my Cyberpunk table. But then I first had to take care of them to make them filthy and foul. Basically, to add some contrast to the bright look of the buildings. The main ingredient for this was the new Citadel technical paint Typhus Corrosion. I heard some people saying it was the same as Vallejo Smokey Ink or Vallejo Smoke, but that sure ain't true. This stuff is way better! It works like a charm and it's very easy to add a dirty, textured grime to models or scenery. And it dries supermatt too.
Of course the scenery pieces aren't meant for my urban landscape, but they are well suited for an industrial or military part of the table.

Crates, chests and small doodles; they are two resin pieces from VOID 1.1

h

Another big crate with small items by VOID 1.1 and also a Fenris industrial crate (I think both are OOP...the Void one isn't made anymore, went OOP in the time of I-Kore)

Three items from VOID 1.1 which are also OOP if I remember well.

Some oil drums from a toy set and a GW and on the right a bunch of oil drums by VOID 1.1

Two odd machines from Fenris Games. I really love them. They have a good industrial or dieselpunk look. They were all done with weathering powders from MIG and finally some quick grimy washes with Typhus Corrosion. Good stuff to add to the table, but unfortunately OOP (they aren't in his shop or eBay shop anymore anyway)

Next up is the leader of my league. I have added a huge putty visor and an Infinity antenna to make him more Cyberpunk. He has a green coat with light blue shirt right now...don't know how much I like the colours, but we will see!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2023, 09:23:57 AM by Malebolgia »

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2014, 01:27:06 PM »
Last Saturday me and my mates Roon and Jase played the first test games of Cyber Alley for which I brought along my scenery (but forgot the holo ads...DOH!). Here are some shots from our game (on Roon's MDF table).

Some shots of the table with scenery...damn...I need more buildings! Although I can cover a 4' x 4' quite well, I want it to feel more cluttered and busy. I do have about 30 MDF neon ads to add to the buildings so those will help.

The first test of Cyberspace! I printed the tiles I made and we played on these. We did find there were too many tiles and they were too big. So they will be changed!

Roon's league advances by the noodle bar. The smell of the food distracted them so much...

...that they didn't spot the corporate merc who blasted them several times with his shotgun. Yes, the "Burst" ability can be INSANE when used well.

A skirmish in the streets of Roontown

The Corporate mercs advance through the (cyber) alleys. I really like the feel of these alleys. So once more: I need more buildings to add more alleys. And I need more scatter terrain to make it look more convincing.

The worst possible roll of the day when you need 4+ on the dice...:D. Roon's sidekick unloaded his machinepistol on a measly Follower...but missed everything and was wounded instead! That was some bad luck...but fun!

It was a good gaming day, we had a lot of laughs and I'll be rewriting some parts of the rules with the input.