Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 01:09:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Ain't that a Kick in the Head? (A Fallout Project) Nov 30th Update  (Read 26690 times)

Offline WulframMors

• Librarian
Welcome to this little thread of mine, showing of the fruits of my Fallout-specific project.

I've been lurking for months now, with a few minor posts here and there. I finally figured I'd show what I'd been working on.

NCR
First up, an NCR Patrol Ranger (courtesy of Brother Vinni) who made his debut back in the painting club. He's currently the only member of the NCR I have, but a few Veteran Rangers are making their way over from Brother Vinni as we speak.

You can't really see it from here, but he's got an approximation of the NCR Ranger insignia painted on his shoulder pads using a toothpick. Too small for me to make it accurate, but it looks good from a distance. I may eventually try using decals on him, along with my Brotherhood and Enclave.

Enclave
Only have the one eyebot and power-armored trooper (both from Brother Vinni) for now, but the rest of the squad are sitting ready to be reposed and such. The eyebot's laser is a cut-up 40k space marine scope. A little big perhaps, but I like it.

Remnants of the Unity
I'm really rather proud of this "little" guy (again, from Brother Vinni). Looks suitably imposing standing next to puny little humans. He's currently the only Super Mutant I've got on the horizon, though if Reaper ever makes a Bones version of their "Mega-Mutant" or Messyart gets his own Super Mutants perfected, then I'm sure he'll get some company.

I've got a decent bit more than this all painted up, including a raider gang and the beginnings of a Brotherhood squad, and they're not all Brother Vinni stuff! Unfortunately the pictures came out a touch crap and it's dark here already, so it'll probably have to wait till tomorrow.

I intend to use these in a home-brewed skirmish rules system with some rpg elements, but that's pretty early in development.

As a final aside, I'd like to thank everyone on this board for all the inspiration they've provided with their own efforts. Keep at it!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 04:39:53 AM by WulframMors »

My Fallout Project: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=63394.0
My Dracula's America Project: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=105669.0

Offline Constable Bertrand

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
Re: Ain't that a Kick in the Head? (A Fallout Project)
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 07:21:40 AM »
 :-* :-* :-* lovely start! That handlebar moustache screams post apocalyptia-70's-authority! And a nice way to introduce yourself around these parts.

You've whetted my appetite for more, you better keep painting, lol.

Cheers
Matt

Offline Messyart

• Scientist
  • Repopulating the Wasteland, one corpse at a time.
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 12:44:43 PM »
When you've got a dragon done up, fancy putting up a shot of it next to the ogre?

Lovely models, by the way!
If you'd like an apocalyptic monster in 28mm, throw me a PM and I'll think it over.

Offline WulframMors

• Librarian
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 05:32:18 PM »
You've whetted my appetite for more, you better keep painting, lol.

Luckily, I should have a nice batch of post-apocalyptic goodness coming today. Thanks for the enthusiasm, I'm glad you like them.

When you've got a dragon done up, fancy putting up a shot of it next to the ogre?

Lovely models, by the way!

Definitely! It might be a while, as I suspect all the snow coming down around here will delay the dragon's arrival. But he'll be the center of attention once he's here.

Offline emperorpenguin

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2014, 10:47:59 PM »
Absolutely ace!
My Fallout Project leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=35048.0

Offline WulframMors

• Librarian
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2014, 02:44:04 AM »
Absolutely ace!

Thanks! They were quite fun to paint up.

Well, I promised more and here it is:

Brotherhood of Steel
The current extent of my Brotherhood forces, all from Brother Vinni.

This one had some doodads added to his Laser Rifle for added authenticity.

And Gatling Laser dude for some firepower:

The power pack adds some color to the mostly uniform armor:

I really hope Brother Vinni makes some T-5lb armor soon. As it stands, I have another T-45d Paladin on the way.

Plus, this scruffy looking Scribe:

A nice group shot. The Scribe really adds some color to the squad:

Robots
Well, a robot at least.

I've got a bunch more Brother Vinni Securitrons that have yet to be assembled, each with a unique paintjob waiting in store for them. I've also picked up some Vinni's Gutsy/Handy models, but I'm waiting on some extra eyestalks before I move forward with them

Critters
A Bark Scorpion, a repainted Dnd miniature. Also a toxic waste barrel, for that warm radioactive glow we've all come to know and love.

And some Brother Vinni Ghouls:

Wastelanders
This here's the Last Desert Ranger, the lone holdout who refused to be absorbed into the NCR Rangers but wouldn't stop defending Nevada either. He roams the desert, striking down raiders and Legionnaires alike with his trusty sniper rifle. I've named him Russell, in homage to Someguy2000, a Fallout New Vegas modder who specialized in quest mods.

The mini came from the old prepainted Star Wars line, Bouush I think, but with a head swap, greenstuffed cowboy hat, and some modifications to the rifle.

I'd also planned to show off my raider gang, but this post is already pretty big as it is. So expect it in a day or two.

C&C is always welcome.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 05:29:31 PM by WulframMors »

Offline WulframMors

• Librarian
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2014, 05:37:44 PM »
Oops, looks like I accidentally broke all my pics last night. All fixed now.

Offline SerialMoM

• Scientist
  • War never changes
Great thread, great minis ( I also own the brother vinnie  bunch).

I am curious about your rules, I am quite far with mine but I do not hesitate to steal goo ideas :D.
Please help me with my Fallout rules, picture heavy!!
leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=47609.0

Offline Hitman

• Scatterbrained Genius
Great looking figures. They will be a great additon to your gaming table I am sure. Thanks for sharing.
Regards,
Hitman
 8)
Victory is guaranteed to the last man standing, but always remember those whom you stepped on to get there!!

Offline zizi666

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Photobucket page
lovely stuff.
curious about the rules too, since I haven't got a clue what I'll be using whenever I feel I got enough to start playing  ::)
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,
for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Photobucket: http://s1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd388/zizi666/
BGG: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/zizi666

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
The BoS look fantastic Wulfram, and the scribe looks spot on.

The wastelander certainly looks like a Russell. I think every Russell i have met has been a little 'wild'.

Cheers
Matt

Offline Brummie Thug

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Brummies Wargaming Blog
Awesome work sir love them all.

Have you considered perhaps modding mantics KoW Ogres into supermutants?

Offline WulframMors

• Librarian
Thanks for the praise everyone. I intend to keep at it, though updates after today will be further apart as this is the end of my already-done collection. But have no fear, more is coming.

In regards to my ruleset, it is really very early stages, but it's designed with small model counts and a persistent campaign in mind. I've tried to keep the Fallouty feel in the stats and whatnot, and I intend to have a robust campaign system with random events and such, as well as some board-gamey elements if you will. I feel a certain RPG choices/consequences kind of thing is essential to the Fallout experience, but we'll see how it goes. It's currently undergoing some changes so as to be able to accomodate larger warbands if necessary.

Awesome work sir love them all.

Have you considered perhaps modding mantics KoW Ogres into supermutants?

Hmm, if I had some good heads to stick on em... Thanks for the lead!

And finally to the update. I would have gotten it in sooner if possible, but real-life got in the way. But hey, I got to fit an extra raider in I painted up today, so hurrah!

Raiders
To start, a group shot. Which is remarkably hard to achieve as it turns out. That or I'm crap with the camera.

And now the close-ups! Beginning with spear guy, originally Magog from the Heroclix line. He was a bit too tall, but was cut down to size. He's still pretty tall, but not unreasonably so. I picked him up along with a few copies as I figured the heads would make good Fiend-types. what with the horned helmet. I think I may end up painting some tats on him, but we'll see.

Chainsaw and brass knuckles, so you can punch and tear all at the same time. He was made using a Star Wars mini, a spare head, Wargames Factory chainsaw and backpack, and a greenstuff mohawk.

And a shot of his backpack:

This guy was originally a pre-painted Adventurer mini from Fantasy Flight. A bit of greenstuff and a new lick of paint turned him into a good wastelander who can double up as a raider.

This guy came from the horrorclix line, a Survivalist I think. I like to think he's got the Mr. Sandman perk from the game. Imagine seeing that mask as he slides a knife into your neck.

A greenstuff welding mask and some new paint gave this Star Wars mini a very Fallout feel. He could easily be used as a town guard as well as a raider.

Cop Killer over here was cobbled together from three different Heroclix figs. I'm considering putting an anarchy symbol on his helmet.

Seems he's managed to get his grubby hands on some Sugar Bombs.

This crazy lookin' fella' wasn't done up till tonight, which accounts for why he's absent from the group photo. Like the previous psychopath, he was strung together from various clix figures, a rifle from a heroscape mini, and some greenstuff. He's also my first attempt at dark skin. I rather like him.

And finally, the leader of this little bloodthirsty band. He almost looks like a player character. I've since painted some eyes, but forgot to snap a pic so just stick some googly eyes on your screen.

And because at least on of them had to have a thing for severed body parts, here's a shot of his back. Maybe it belonged to his predecessor.

Well that's that, hope you like 'em.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 07:11:20 AM by WulframMors »

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
Good variety to the figures and they certainly look as pleasant as a bunch of anarchist bloodthirsty raiders. I'm not inviting them to my picnic anytime soon. :D

I've never considered heroclix before, are they good with a paint strip?

Cheers
Matt

Offline zizi666

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Photobucket page
Cool bunch.
Wouldn't have thought that welding mask was GS. Good job !