Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:48:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686591
  • Total Topics: 118109
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Ain't that a Kick in the Head? (A Fallout Project) Nov 30th Update  (Read 26634 times)

Offline Brummie Thug

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Brummies Wargaming Blog
Cool looking group of raiders. The clix of yielded a great gang of miscreants!

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Huh, I kind of disregarded the Star Wars line for being an improper scale, but you've done well with them. Its nice to see the range of models that you've used for that one group, with a decent amount of variety for that rag tag look. Ooh, and a suit of Metal Armour based on the one from the original games on the leader too right? Ooooh...  :D

Those are some neat paintjobs overall with your stuff (heh, better than the hack jobs I put out). Are you going for a variety of small groups for your game, or just focussing on a few so you have the choice to spot out individuals with a pool of others? Personally I prefer platoon sized games, but a smaller scale one based around scavenging groups/ scouts/ etc is appropriate for the setting. Are you intending to include a scavenging mechanic in your rules, or things like lockpicking and hacking? There must be at least five Fallout thread's here, but we're all using our own homebrew rulesets. ^^

Now to steal some ideas (for some reason I never thought about painting up toxic barrels for one) and slink away until another tasty morsel passes close to my hiding place. Ah... I mean keep it coming!

Offline emperorpenguin

• Scientist
Love those raiders!
My Fallout Project leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=35048.0

Offline Anpu

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
  • Life in the vault is about to change...
There must be at least five Fallout thread's here, but we're all using our own homebrew rulesets. ^^
Not all of us ;)
We are at least a couple using Pullp Alley for our Fallout games...
All the threads going about keeps inspiring me to continue my own which have rested since last summer.

Offline WulframMors

• Librarian
Re: Ain't that a Kick in the Head? (A Fallout Project) November 27th - Soon...
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2014, 03:41:08 AM »
Damn, it's been a while... and while I can't say I've been dead, alive doesn't quite seem right either. A strange sort of unlife, with only the occasional mini passing beneath my brush or x-acto.

Too all the folks who commented but I didn't respond too, thanks for the feedback, sorry for the slow response. Addressing various topics, the Clix and Star Wars prepaints were, if memory serves, simply painted over, though some of the more Greenstuff heavy conversions required some priming. The scale is a bit all over the place, but if you pick and choose you can get a nice variety of sizes. Humans ain't all the same now, let alone the mutants of the future.  :)

As for rules, they've been going through some redesigns, While scavenging, lockpicking, hacking, and all that other thematic stuff is still in, I wanted to open up the size of the battles a bit. I'm aiming for warbands to consist of a small nice core of upgradeable Heroes backed up by more numerous though relatively weak Minions. I'd like to have the whole smorgasboard of factions available, with variant warband lists for each (e.g. a Ranger-only contingent for the NCR, or White Leg Tribal warband list).

Now, while I'd like to post some decent pictures of some of the newer finished stuff, or even some WIPs, decent pictures require a decent camera, something not currently in my possession. But soon.

In the mean time, here's a large, though cruddy, shot of some of my stuff, though not all of it.  Meant as a sort of teaser I suppose...

Mostly unfinished as well... I'll get right on it.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 03:43:16 AM by WulframMors »

My Fallout Project: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=63394.0
My Dracula's America Project: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=105669.0

Offline kidterminal

• Mastermind
  • A rising star in the hierarchy of Hell.
    • Fends in Waistcoats
Re: Ain't that a Kick in the Head? (A Fallout Project) Nov 27th - Soon...
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2014, 08:53:58 AM »
Welcome back from your half life.

Offline driller

• Scientist
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2014, 09:05:41 AM »
WulfraMors, I see you use an Ikea Norden as your gaming table :) Just like I do. Saves space, good solution.

Offline Messyart

• Scientist
  • Repopulating the Wasteland, one corpse at a time.
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2014, 11:20:45 AM »
That all looks pretty cool. I look forward to more pictures. c:
If you'd like an apocalyptic monster in 28mm, throw me a PM and I'll think it over.

Offline Vladimir Raukov

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2014, 11:56:14 AM »
This all looks fantastic! Can't wait to see some of the finished scenery. How do you paint your rust?

Offline WulframMors

• Librarian
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2014, 03:51:20 PM »
Welcome back from your half life.

Thanks, it's good to be back.

WulfraMors, I see you use an Ikea Norden as your gaming table :) Just like I do. Saves space, good solution.

That was an unexpected, though tremendously useful gift from a friend of mine. I've been thinking of staining it to better fit my darker furniture, but I've not quite decided.

That all looks pretty cool. I look forward to more pictures. c:

Should be some up this weekend.  Including a few of your creations. You can spot some in the pic up there.

This all looks fantastic! Can't wait to see some of the finished scenery. How do you paint your rust?

Thanks. The bigger scenery bits will probably take a while, as I want to do full interiors and weathering on the Plasticville buildings. But I've got some ruins and Quonset Huts near completion at least.

As for the rust, the minis usually are the standard GW metal paints, plus some tin bitz or whatever they call their brownish metallic paint, with a coat of their old Brown Ink (old GW inks seemed to be a lot thicker than their new range, so the Brown makes for some heavy rust). A final highlight of bright silver finishes that off. The Pardulon barricades have use four different methods - the aforementioned one, another using GW's newly recommended method using two of their specialty paints, a mix of the two, and finally just successive layers of brown and silvery paints. I'll probably give some really heavy rust a go at one point, Wyrmalla style.

Offline Messyart

• Scientist
  • Repopulating the Wasteland, one corpse at a time.
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2014, 11:25:09 AM »
Yes, I saw a couple were painted too.

What's that car on the left?

Offline WulframMors

• Librarian
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2014, 02:33:40 PM »
Yes, I saw a couple were painted too.

What's that car on the left?

Why not address it with an update?

This car was picked up at a pharmacy not far from where I live with the intention of turning it into a Highway Patrol Car such as those found in New Vegas. It's fairly close to completion, mainly need the emergency lights up top.

Next, an NCR Patrol Ranger, converted from a Brother Vinni Wasteland Scout, some BroVinni pistols, and a Wargames Factory Survivor head. Shown here posing next to the original Wasteland Scout on the left.

An NCR Veteran Ranger, also a Brother Vinni mini.

A pair of wastelanders. The one on the right is a Reaper Bones, while on the left we have a modified Star Wars mini. It used to be an alien...

A Messyart Centaur. Great model, much more in scale than the Armorcast one, and it comes with pair of heads for a more classic Fallout 1/2 look. I've got another in that style in pipeline.

Darn, I just noticed a tentacle was missing.

The glorious Messyart Deathcla... I mean Wasteland Dragon. Really cool mini, a must for any Fallout collector. The fact that the Wasteland Dragon is/will be modified to be poseable in future batches makes me giddy.

That's all for now, thanks for watching and stay tuned!

Offline Constable Bertrand

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
Nice paint jobs on all those models. You are putting maximum effort into getting the best figures possible, and it shows. The whole set screams fallout. 8) 8)

Cheers
Matt.

Offline Sinewgrab

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • All to all, by my mustard!
Beautiful additions to an already fabulous thread!
"There is no known cure for the wargaming virus, only treatments with ever increasing doses of metal."

Offline zizi666

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Photobucket page
Beautiful additions to an already fabulous thread!

Marvelous indeed. Now I'm ashamed about the lack of progress I'm displaying  ::)
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,
for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Photobucket: http://s1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd388/zizi666/
BGG: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/zizi666