Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:57:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Ain't that a Kick in the Head? (A Fallout Project) Nov 30th Update  (Read 26696 times)

Offline 3 fingers

• Mastermind
Love those,the imagination and rescourcefulness of lafers never fails to amaze me.

Offline zizi666

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Photobucket page
:o
Amazing work, they look PERFECT!

My thoughts exactly.
Why oh why did I buy those Warlord Romans sprues...  :`
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,
for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Photobucket: http://s1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd388/zizi666/
BGG: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/zizi666

Offline Gargobot

• Librarian
Oh a fallout log i haven't seen before? Must... comment!  :)
Great stuff mate, especially the Uruk-Hai Legion is inspired.

Offline WulframMors

• Librarian
Thanks everybody! These have taken a devilishly long time, but I am rather proud of how recognizable they turned out.

Wyrmalla can be indirectally credited for their creation, as he posted his converted Warlord Romans-turned-Legion and Uruks-turned-Raiders shortly after each other. So when my single sprue of Romans came in I realized they were a bit small for my taste, when I spotted the skirts on the Uruks. Coincidentally I was browsing the Mad Robot bits section, and presto, the idea was formed.

They do take a while to make, as each head has three steps of sculpting, and each torso has three steps of sculpting, but the paint scheme is relatively quick so at least there's that.

The Uruk sprue still has a few figures left; four with bows, two with shields, and one bog standard swordsmen. The swordsman will get a machete and handgun, and one of the shield bearers will get a spear, but I've not yet figured out how I want the shields to look. The archers also look to be a pain in the butt, but one should make a decent rifleman and I can always keep one with the bow; Legion is tribal in origin after all. I'd like to get full use out of the sprue, espescially as I'd like to run the Legion as a Gang-heavy League in games of Pulp Alley.

I've also got another Uruk character in white metal; the whip on his belt and shock prod I found in my bits box have convinced me into turning him into a slavemaster. And finally, a box of Uruk siege troops arrived on my doorstep, with the eventual purpose of being turned into more conventional, and likely lower-ranked, legionaries.

Oh a fallout log i haven't seen before? Must... comment!  :)
Great stuff mate, especially the Uruk-Hai Legion is inspired.

Heh, at my rate of painting/modeling, I'm not surprised you haven't seen it before. Glad you stopped by though!

My Fallout Project: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=63394.0
My Dracula's America Project: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=105669.0

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
... I'd like to get full use out of the sprue, espescially as I'd like to run the Legion as a Gang-heavy League in games of Pulp Alley.

Yes!! Sounds like fun.  :D lol

Offline WulframMors

• Librarian
"Dusts off Topic, clears cobwebs"

Well howdy folks, it's been a while now hasn't it? While I do have more painted goodies to show, I'm afraid they won't be seeing the light of day till I can get some nice pictures, probably by the end of the week.

I'd have kept silent till then if I didn't need the help of my fellow enthusiasts finding an appropriate mini for a Follower of the Apocalypse from the Fallout universe, preferably brandishing a laser pistol or some technical doodad, and perhaps hauling a medkit around.

I've been playing quite a bit of This Is Not A Test, and I think I'll be hiring a freelance Sawbones for my warband some time soon, and it seems like the perfect place to insert a Follower.

Offline Hupp n at em

• Mastermind
I've been playing quite a bit of This Is Not A Test, and I think I'll be hiring a freelance Sawbones for my warband some time soon, and it seems like the perfect place to insert a Follower.

I like the idea of a Follower as a Sawbones.  :)  I'll try to think of a suitable figure for ya.

Offline Messyart

• Scientist
  • Repopulating the Wasteland, one corpse at a time.
Flower of pock lips?

Will look around
If you'd like an apocalyptic monster in 28mm, throw me a PM and I'll think it over.

Offline Hupp n at em

• Mastermind
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 03:49:08 AM by Hupp n at em »

Offline zizi666

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Photobucket page
What about this guy? http://blackcatbases.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=437_486&products_id=2641

Are they back on the straight and narrow? Would be nice to be able to order their stuff once again.

Offline Hupp n at em

• Mastermind
Are they back on the straight and narrow? Would be nice to be able to order their stuff once again.

I did notice some not-so-nice customer reports when I googled their site.  :?  Wish I could confirm or deny that, though I have seen a bunch of people using their book golem figures for Frostgrave, so maybe they are?

Offline zizi666

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Photobucket page
I did notice some not-so-nice customer reports when I googled their site.  :?  Wish I could confirm or deny that, though I have seen a bunch of people using their book golem figures for Frostgrave, so maybe they are?

Not to mention the BCB problems sticky on our very forum : http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=59375.0

Offline WulframMors

• Librarian
Flower of pock lips?

Ice Cream!

What about this guy? http://blackcatbases.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=437_486&products_id=2641

Alternatively, this guy's Duster could be painted as a lab coat; he might be a bit too much of a bruiser though... http://www.hfminis.co.uk/shop?product=harby~hfa037&category=modern-%26%0D%0Apost%252dapoc~modern-adventurers
Same thing with her http://www.hfminis.co.uk/shop?product=dionne-%28b%29~hfa021&category=modern-%26%0D%0Apost%252dapoc~modern-adventurers

Oooh, I actually have that not-Selene mini. Add a doctors bag, couple of pockets, that weird technothingie the followers seem to wear as a fashion statement, maybe steal a laser pistol of a Brother Vinni scribe... I think I've got my Sawbones.

Thanks for the help!

Offline Hupp n at em

• Mastermind
Ice Cream!

Oooh, I actually have that not-Selene mini. Add a doctors bag, couple of pockets, that weird technothingie the followers seem to wear as a fashion statement, maybe steal a laser pistol of a Brother Vinni scribe... I think I've got my Sawbones.

Thanks for the help!

No problem! Considering the percentage of my comments/posts here that are just pestering people on where they got things or where I can source something from, it is nice to return the favor for once.  :D  ;)

Offline WulframMors

• Librarian
Painted this guy up a few days ago, makes a perfect Deadman Freelancer from the This Is Not A Test rules, or a Tribal of course.

I've got conflicted feelings about seeing on the table. It's always nice seeing a painted mini being used for gaming, but in this case it would be on the side of my Legion warband's hated enemies, the profligate caravanners!