Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:22:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689750
  • Total Topics: 118293
  • Online Today: 689
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Solo Game "The Mummy's Curse" Battle Report  (Read 2254 times)

Offline Oldben1

• Mastermind
    • My Terrain Projects
Solo Game "The Mummy's Curse" Battle Report
« on: February 16, 2014, 10:25:22 PM »
Using Sheerluck's solo rules (card activation) I played a quick game of Strange Aeons last night.  I used cards to determine who goes first, and a die to figure out the aggressive nature of each enemy (once at the beginning).

Let's set the scene.  A very valuable Mummy has been stolen from the Arkham Museum of Antiquities.  A small team of Threshold Agents have been dispatched to the surrounding countryside to investigate the strange sounds and sights reported by the frightened villagers.

The board:

The agents find a condemned cabin with an eerie barn in the back.

The team made up of famous Egyptologists and 2 Gun Cohen:

After examining the cabin our heroes make their way to the back of the house.

The villains wait patiently.  At this point I was using a die to figure out how aggressive the enemies were.  The two cowardly cultists decide to double back around the other side.

A firefight ensues but when the mummy charges, Lady Jane makes a run for it!

The fight continues!

Finally after a lot of carnage, Lord Gottling remains victorius but at what cost?

This was fun, although I needed to brush up on the rules.  The end card in the activation card was frustrating sometimes because some characters would 'miss' a turn.  My agents rolled poorly, although the lowly cultists couldn't get off a decent shot either.  The mummy did very well, and dispatched of 2 Gun Cohen.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 02:19:51 AM by Oldben1 »

Offline Hitman

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Solo Game "The Mummy's Curse" Battle Report
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 01:54:17 AM »
Stunning work. Your photogrphy looks awesome. Looks like your gaming adventure was a great success. Thanks for sharing.
Regards,
Hitman
 8)
Victory is guaranteed to the last man standing, but always remember those whom you stepped on to get there!!

Offline Sheerluck Holmes

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 06:10:54 AM »
I love the figures and the scenery.

Just on the 'end turn' card - it is optional, so leave it out if you think it ruins the flow of the game.

Alternatively, you could swap it for an 'event' card: if the card is drawn first or last in the deck you could include an event that can help or hinder one side.

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 07:38:06 AM »
We use an 'end turn' card in a few of our card activation homebrew rules with the proviso that once it comes out in play it skips the next turn before being put back in the deck. This means no figure or unit misses more than one turn at any time. I think others have also suggested that when it turns up you could roll a dice to see if the turn ends as an option (I.e. turn ends on 5-6 on 1D6, etc.).