Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:15:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690640
  • Total Topics: 118340
  • Online Today: 866
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The Dame, The Shamus, and the Spear of Destiny! (PICTURES)  (Read 2819 times)

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
    • Rattrap Productions LLC
The Dame, The Shamus, and the Spear of Destiny! (PICTURES)
« on: November 20, 2006, 05:05:52 PM »
Over on the HLSS Yahoo group, Phillip Hall posted this battle report from a game he just ran. I'm going to get it and some pictures up on the website soon, but I thought you might enjoy the write-up. I know I did! :mrgreen:

Rich

The scenario is an attempt by four different groups to obtain the Spear of Destiny. The locale is the docks at midnight. The spear has arrived on a freighter and is already in possession of Barnaby Malone and Fast Eddie.

The groups

FBI
Melvin Purvis, G3 Thompson, Meet My Minions
William McGee G2 Thompson
John Kerr G2 Thompson
three local cops all G1 One Thompson, two pistols

The PI.

Barnaby Malone, G3 pistol, pugilist Meet My Minions
Fast Eddie G2 The Spear of Destiny pugilist, high strength
three G1's Shotgun, short knife, Louisville slugger (club)

The Most Secret Society of the Crimson Cowl
The Crimson Cowl, G3 Hide, Mesmerize, Martial Arts, Multiple Attacks
Meet My Minions Smoke Pellets
#1 Pistol Devotion
#2 Pistol Devotion
three G1's two long blades one Thompson

Nazi's

Ilsa, Shewolf of the SS. G3 Bullwhip Quick, Deception, Meet My Minions
Bertha G2 SMG Devotion
Stahlhelm G2 Ferocious Devotion Ignore Pain
three Zeppelin Truppen 1 pistol, 2 SMG

I used Meet My Minions in a slightly different way. The Crimson Cowl's minions were located in the small warehouse and represented by a marker, Ilsa's were located in the large warehouse and indicated by a marker. If they were discovered before either of them used Meet My Minions, they lost the MMM ability. If Melvin failed his BR check for MMM his minions arrived in a police car at the end of the dock. If Malone failed his, his minions arrived on the deck of the freighter.

The playing area consisted of the freighter, a dock with crates stacked along it to provide cover and corridors, a warehouse with two separate rooms with crates stacked about, a roadway on one end and an area behind the warehouses where the Dame waited in a car to whisk away Malone and Fast Eddie.

Each player started in a different location and had their G3 and one G2 with them. Malone and Fast Eddie started on the deck of the freighter, Purvis and McGee in front of the smaller warehouse, Ilsa and Bertha inside the larger warehouse, and The Crimson Cowl and #1 at the end of the dock next to the Crimsonmobile (I really need a better name for that car!) There were five locations, one in each warehouse and three on the docks, where something could happen.

Everyone was told they were looking for a small, bent piece of metal, that arrived on the freighter, they had to obtain it, and escape with it. The Fast Eddie figure is from Pulp Figures and is carrying a crowbar as a weapon, A BENT PIECE OF METAL AND IF YOU ARE ALL LOOKING FOR IT WHY ARE THEY LEAVING THE FREIGHTER ANYWAY?

On the first turn the FBI decided to go into the warehouse and see what was there, Malone and Eddie departed the freighter, Ilsa and Bertha meandered off towards the end of the dock, and the Crimson Cowl and #1 slunk into the shadows of the crates near where Malone and Eddie were going to pass.

On turn two, the FBI discovered the Crimson Cowl's minions and began a fight with them, getting the worse end of it, as hot lead from the Tommygun sent the wounded McGee running for the front of the warehouse. Purvis boldly took several slashes from the long knives of the other two, but held on grimly. Ilsa and Bertha apparently are looking for a makeout place as they wander through the crates towards a trap, ignoring the freighter and anything else. Malone and Eddie miss the toppling boxes trap, and the Crimson Cowl, just for fun and to see what they do, tosses a smoke pellet over the crate on top of them.

On turn three, Purvis cries "Meet My Minions" and promptly blows his BR roll. His minions arrive in a police car as far from him as they can get. He continues the fight and drives on of the minions out the back door of the warehouse, but is wounded again. Ilsa and Bertha have reached the marker and Ilsa falls throught the rotted boards of the dock, out of action for her next turn. Malone and Eddie expend fourteen of their hero points to run 12". (At this point I'm thinking it is going to be a really short game as all they have to do is run down the side of the building and get in the car. But pulp is about to happen). The Crimson Cowl slides, shadowy, toward the small warehouse where his minions are fighting the FBI

On turn four, Purvis drives another minion out the door and suffers no wounds, McGee recovers his nerve, just a #2 comes around a stack of crates and shoots at him and misses. The FBI minions accelerate toward the dock. Ilsa crawls out of her hole in the dock, The Crimson Cowl continues towards the small warehouse, AND EDDIE AND MALONE GO IN THE FRONT DOOOR OF THE WAREHOUSE! They round a stack of crates and run into (TaDA) Ilsa's minions, lead by Stahlhelm. Not wasting any time, the Nazi's open up on our Heroes with their SMG's. Malone takes a wound, blows his GT check and runs behind some crates at the front of the warehouse. Fast Eddie takes it like a man and stands there, dripping a bit of blood from his wounds (the Nazi's used hero points to increase the WS of two of their shots).

Turn five, Purvis rids himself of the last minion, driving him out the back. The Cowl's minions have been recovering, and having figured out who has the Spear, begin to creep towards the back door of the large warehouse. Ilsa and Bertha start back towards all the noise in the large warehouse, The Cowl reaches the front of the small warehouse, and the FBI turns the corner of the warehouse onto the dock,
decelerating. In the warehouse, Fast Eddie blows his GT check, finally and runs around behind the crates with Malone. Malone recovers his nerve.

Turn six, and the pulp is going to start flying. Stahlhelm steps next to the doorway to cut off the line of retreat for Malone and Eddie, one the SMG toting minions edges his weapon around the crate to bear on Malone and Eddie, backed up by the other. It looks like curtains for the boys. Meanwhile Purvis has gone to check on McGee, and is just about to blaze away at #2 when the Crimsons Cowl mesmerizes him and #2 disappears. The FBI minions turn the corner and come to a halt just short of the door to the small warehouse. Ilsa and Bertha are nearing the last of the crates before they get into action.

Turn seven, and Malone wins the initiative. (At this point I ask the player why he hasn't used his Meet My Minions. He says he didn't think he could. Sheesh) Malone, faced with no where to run, the evil Stahlhelm, no doubt laughing maniacally, and other nasty Nazi's bearing down on him, screams out "Meet My Minions" and MAKES HIS BR CHECK! Suddenly, in true pulpish fashion, three lightly armed, but tough Americans, step from the shadows and confront the evil Nazi's. Mr. Shotgun (double barrel) opens up on the SMG peering around the corner, wounds him, and sends him running for the back of the building. Turning his other barrel on Stahlhelm, he wounds him in the torso. Stahlhelm laughs it off, (I gave him an 8 for his GT. I wanted him to have to die instead of run off). Next Louisville Slugger rushes Stahlhelm and lets him have it in the wounded area and Stahlhelm BLOWS HIS GT CHECK. He runs from the building out a side door! Short Blade takes on the other SMG, who takes a wound to the leg and ALSO RUNS FOR THE BACK OF THE BUILDING! Malone uses suppressive fire to keep the head down of the pistol wielding Nazi.

Turn eight and we are now past our end time of 12 noon. But everyone wants one more round. In the warehouse, the two Nazi's at the rear of the building recover, Malone, Fast Eddie and the minions regroup for a rush out the back, Stahlhelm recovers his nerve outside the warehouse, Ilsa has Bertha open fire on the FBI minions, sending a local cop fleeing past a startled Stahlhelm, AND AT THE BACK DOOR OF THE LARGE WAREHOUSE SINISTER MEN IN CRIMSON ROBES GATHER AROUND THE BACK DOOR PREPARING TO RUSH IN AND TAKE THE SPEAR OF DESTINY!

So the game ends as any good B serial should, with a cliffhanger. Everyone who played agreed that it was a good game and look forward to the next one.
Richard A. Johnson
On Facebook: Rattrap on Facebook

Offline Driscoles

• The Dude
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006, 05:55:24 PM »
That was cool. And surprise it was with Nazis!!!!!   I wanna see pics. I am in love with Ilsa und Bertha ( like Knoxville is with Shanna LOL )
Sounds like a fun game !
Thanks Rich !
Björn
, ,

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2006, 11:44:34 AM »
You can see some pictures here. Some are a little out of focus (Phillip's digital camera is not the best) but the opening shot of the table layout is nice.

http://www.rattrap-productions.com/PulpHeroes/Gallery/Dame_Shamus_Spear/SpearofDestiny.html

Offline Driscoles

• The Dude
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2006, 12:39:21 PM »
Thank you Rich,

I also found pics on the HLSS Group.
Are the crates made of paper ?

Björn

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2006, 12:54:55 PM »
I believe so. I'll check with Phillip over on the HLSS group.

Offline Grimm

• Two-time LPL Champion (Season 2 and 3) Supporting Adventurer
  • The Colonial Tales Winner
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Grimms-Hangar on Facebook
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2006, 06:50:08 PM »
thank you Operator5 for that report it look like they have a very good game .
i want to know what will be happent next .
Please tell us .

grimm
ttps://www.facebook.com/pages/Grimms-Hangar/196455560521708