Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:52:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689660
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Who makes 25/8mm Technical? Also, 25mm Modern Militia/Mercenaries etc  (Read 7010 times)

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Last year at Triples, I saw a 25mm (maybe 28m) Technical made in resin and I cannot remember who made it. Does anyone know?

Also, I'm, looking for some 25mm (not 28) figures to use as Militia/Mercenaries/Rebels etc. I want a mixtures of headgear - berets, jungle hats etc. They are for use in current/recent African settings. Once again - any suggestions?

Thanks

Doug

Offline Gallowglass

• Scientist
Last year at Triples, I saw a 25mm (maybe 28m) Technical made in resin and I cannot remember who made it. Does anyone know?

Also, I'm, looking for some 25mm (not 28) figures to use as Militia/Mercenaries/Rebels etc. I want a mixtures of headgear - berets, jungle hats etc. They are for use in current/recent African settings. Once again - any suggestions?

Thanks

Doug

Unsure on the militia/rebels, but I'm pretty sure Force of Arms do a technical.
Note: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
Britannia Minatures do a resin Techincal although its probably nearer 28mm than 25mm.

http://www.britanniainkerman.com/brit/frontpage/siteintroindex.htm

TAG and Britannia do modern figs, african rebels, mercenaries, etc but they are 28mm again.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 05:03:12 PM by Malamute »
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
Force of Arms is 1/60th so is closer to 25mm.  For Africans in that scale you could go for the MoFo somalis which are 1/56th which will fit ideally with the vehicles and also Mongrel minis who I beleive will be doing some African Wars range(s) in the future.

Offline Col.Stone

• Mastermind
    • The compound
1/60 you sure LTD, i don't have one so i don't know but?
it's listed as 1/56, and you can buy it with a crew  :D

I really have to get some more Foa tanks some day soon.

Offline whisperin_al

• Bookworm
  • Gaming Geek
    • The Wargames Shed
Force of Arms (http://www.forceofarms.co.uk/)definitely do a Toyota (a Hi Lux I think) in their Brush Wars range along with crews.  Great Hall Minis have a couple of pictures on their site (as FoA don't really have a proper site as yet) including:

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
1/60 you sure LTD, i don't have one so i don't know but?
it's listed as 1/56, and you can buy it with a crew  :D

I really have to get some more Foa tanks some day soon.

I stand corrected, you are right I am thinking of S&S Models ;D, they have a HUMMMVEEE and others which are a little smaller.

http://www.sandsmodels.com/page3.html

Offline Col.Stone

• Mastermind
    • The compound
I know too much about who makes what..  o_o

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Thanks everyone. I can stand a little out-of-scaleness when it comes to vehicles so I may try the Britannia and Force of Arms technicals. It looks like the miniatures may be more difficult. At the moment, I'm using some of the Mongoose Battlefield Evo stuff that I picked up, including some of their technicals, which are quite nice. Here's some pics of a couple straight out of the box - they don't look bad:

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h69/CannonOlympus01/AK47/DSC00276.jpg
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h69/CannonOlympus01/AK47/DSC00292.jpg

But getting infantry to go with the Evo stuff is going to be more difficult. I got some GZG near future sinfantry which make quite good African army/militia troops and some more or less appropriate "Insurgents" from Irregular but most other companies seem to be too big.

Doug

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
  • Culpame de la Bossa Nova...
Have you looked at Eureka Miniatures 'Musorians'? They are apparently 'small' 28mm and are a generic range of Eastern bloc style troops. They feature troops in hats as well as helmets and look quite good on their website. Someone here might have some and be able to give you more info on them.

As mentioned before Mongrel miniatures are apparently doing troops for Southern Africa, but obviously they will be 28mm.

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
Re: Who makes 25/8mm Technical? Also, 25mm Modern Militia/Mercenaries etc
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2008, 06:35:57 PM »
Have you looked at Eureka Miniatures 'Musorians'? They are apparently 'small' 28mm and are a generic range of Eastern bloc style troops. They feature troops in hats as well as helmets and look quite good on their website. Someone here might have some and be able to give you more info on them.

As mentioned before Mongrel miniatures are apparently doing troops for Southern Africa, but obviously they will be 28mm.

I had their Aussies and would say they are quite small, infact much smaller than other 28mm so true 25 would be more correct. I was planning on using their Vietnam Aussies for Bush wars but they didnt fit with any others Africans. This was before the Musorians existed mind you :D

They are nice little figures BTW

Neil Shuck used to have a guide on modern figures but sadly seems to have disappeared. But luckily most ranges are here on his article about Vietnam, may be of use to you

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/neil.shuck/bgv.html
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 06:40:06 PM by Lowtardog »

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2008, 08:44:13 PM »
Thanks again chaps - I must email my old mate Ian Marsh at Fighting 15's and see if he's got any of these Musorian fellows....

Doug

Offline Col.Stone

• Mastermind
    • The compound
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2008, 09:48:47 PM »
I'm pretty sure i've read that the eureka small dudes match up good to BF evo figures..